Need an amp for the DT 990 Pro/250
Nov 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lolspops

New Head-Fier
My budget is no greater than $75. These will be used at home on my PC with a Xonar DG sound card so portability won't be an issue. I've looked at the FiiO E10 and E11 as well as some cMoy but still cannot make a decision.

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
My budget is no greater than $75. These will be used at home on my PC with a Xonar DG sound card so portability won't be an issue. I've looked at the FiiO E10 and E11 as well as some cMoy but still cannot make a decision.

The Fiio E10 can not work with add-on sound cards features, or even motherboard built in audio features.
But the E10 will work fine plugged into the USB, if all you care about is is 2-channel stereo audio.
Fiio E11, can drive 250-ohm headphones with volume knob at 50%, but you should get an extra battery and simple battery recharger to go with it.
Used Fiio E9 solid state head amp. (no battery to recharge).

A single tube headphone amplifier, prices start at $50 and they sell on Amazon.
On eBay there is a much larger choice in brand and tube type, prices $50 to $120

Nov 16, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #3 of 5
I've got the same headphones running off of a Fiio E7/E9 Combo, and I'm looking to upgrade. Would you have any suggestions for a tube amp for me? I am not actually using the E7 as much as I thought I would, I am just running the amp from my PC sound card, so I don't need a DAC.

Nov 16, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
The Fiio E10 can not work with add-on sound cards features, or even motherboard built in audio features.
But the E10 will work fine plugged into the USB, if all you care about is is 2-channel stereo audio.
Fiio E11, can drive 250-ohm headphones with volume knob at 50%, but you should get an extra battery and simple battery recharger to go with it.
Used Fiio E9 solid state head amp. (no battery to recharge).

A single tube headphone amplifier, prices start at $50 and they sell on Amazon.
On eBay there is a much larger choice in brand and tube type, prices $50 to $120

I am definitely open to purchasing on eBay as I cannot purchase from amazon.com but I'm still not too knowledgeable on solid state amps and have not got a single clue about tube amps. There is also the case of unreliable sellers so if you could help me look for one, I'd be very grateful. Though, I think I'll just settle on the FiiO E11 and purchase a couple of spare batteries with a charger from eBay since they're so cheap.

Nov 16, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I am definitely open to purchasing on eBay as I cannot purchase from amazon.com but I'm still not too knowledgeable on solid state amps and have not got a single clue about tube amps. There is also the case of unreliable sellers so if you could help me look for one, I'd be very grateful. Though, I think I'll just settle on the FiiO E11 and purchase a couple of spare batteries with a charger from eBay since they're so cheap.

On eBay, just check their feedback,
I've bought on eBay 297 times, I've only been ripped off 3 or 4 times.

I own the Fiio E11, great little portable headphone amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back