Need an Amp for Audeze LCD-2
Apr 26, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #17 of 17
Goldpoint Headphone Pro for me so far. I have since long been curious about the Burson HA-160. Seem to do great for the LCD-2 for many. Also semi interested in Lyr but since I like the LCD-2 better out of more neutral solid state amps overall then the Head One I don´t believe that much in that. I don´t expect the Lyr to better the Head One on the tube side of things but hope to audition it soon.

I am about to get an Audio GD C-2.1. A bit more powerful transformer then the Burson if specs don´t lie at least. The ones on my DAC19 and Ref9 do appear very solid :) Similar discrete opamp designs as in the Burson except for also being able to use ACSS with my DAC19.  A big plus compared to the Lyr, Burson HA160 and my GHP is that it has more then one input and also preout. LCD-2 loves neutrality for my taste. It has enough warmth and bass on it´s own so it don´t need help in the bottom area like many headphones tend to do. I certainly don´t mind the Head One it´s really nice to have both one tube an one solid state for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back