Need Amp/Dac for Atticus
Jan 20, 2018 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

GivenTheOkiDoke

Head-Fier
I need some help with being steered in the right direction on buying an amp/dac.

The headphones (On order have not arrived) are ZMF Atticus.

Current headphones - ATH MSR7, Fostex THX00 and Fostex TH 610.

Current amps/dac - Little Dot 1+, Schiit Magni/Modi 1 and a Meier Corda Jazz FF all being connected through an Asus Xonar DX or via USB to my PC.

Budget $800-$1000

Need Amp and Dac prefer a clean look and must be smallish to fit on my desk. Only need to be used for headphones and do not need a lot of bells and whistles. Balanced or unbalanced, it doesnt matter since I have a SE cable and XLR.

I love the Meier Corda Jazz FF but get confused when reading what all the numbers related to headphones and amps. While I know things like impedance "generaly" being higher makes some phones require more power to drive I am not sure how to see what has or does not have enough power for certain headphones. So because of all that I worry if my Jazz will properly power the Atticus.

Music type is mostly Hip-Hop, R&B and some more modern pop.

So far I have been looking into doing an Aune Stack of the X1S and X7S, the Resonessence Concero HP, Audio GD NFB11 (May be to big) and various others. Alternativly I was thinking if the Jazz FF is solid with the headphones getting just a good dac Meier's variety or something like an MHDT Canary (May be to big as well).

I have not heard the Atticus yet but by all the information and reviews I have read it seems like a fun headphone and I don't really want to tame it at all. The general consensus is a tube but I would rather a solid state but am open to looking at all sugestions.

Any help or reccomendations are apprecatied.

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 2
I would ask in the Atticus & Eikon thread,specifically ask Zach and Hansotek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back