1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Need Amp/Dac for Atticus

1. GivenTheOkiDoke
    I need some help with being steered in the right direction on buying an amp/dac.

The headphones (On order have not arrived) are ZMF Atticus.

Current headphones - ATH MSR7, Fostex THX00 and Fostex TH 610.

Current amps/dac - Little Dot 1+, Schiit Magni/Modi 1 and a Meier Corda Jazz FF all being connected through an Asus Xonar DX or via USB to my PC.

Budget $800-$1000

Need Amp and Dac prefer a clean look and must be smallish to fit on my desk. Only need to be used for headphones and do not need a lot of bells and whistles. Balanced or unbalanced, it doesnt matter since I have a SE cable and XLR.

I love the Meier Corda Jazz FF but get confused when reading what all the numbers related to headphones and amps. While I know things like impedance "generaly" being higher makes some phones require more power to drive I am not sure how to see what has or does not have enough power for certain headphones. So because of all that I worry if my Jazz will properly power the Atticus.

Music type is mostly Hip-Hop, R&B and some more modern pop.

So far I have been looking into doing an Aune Stack of the X1S and X7S, the Resonessence Concero HP, Audio GD NFB11 (May be to big) and various others. Alternativly I was thinking if the Jazz FF is solid with the headphones getting just a good dac Meier's variety or something like an MHDT Canary (May be to big as well).

I have not heard the Atticus yet but by all the information and reviews I have read it seems like a fun headphone and I don't really want to tame it at all. The general consensus is a tube but I would rather a solid state but am open to looking at all sugestions.

Any help or reccomendations are apprecatied.

2. Monsterzero
    I would ask in the Atticus & Eikon thread,specifically ask Zach and Hansotek.