Need advice on a new IEM's
Apr 23, 2011 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Fozzie

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

My current gear is Cowon D2+ and Fiio E5 with Shure E3c and SoundMagic PL50. I need a recommendation for a new pair of IEM's.

I'm listening to all genre and mostly to Vocal Trance in Lossless quality. I'm looking for comfortable IEM's with good bass (I love deep bass), my budget for it is 200$-400$.

I have a good deal on the Shure SE530. Is there a better IEM's that I can get or the SE530 will be a good choice ?

Thanks

Apr 23, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 16
How is the bass of the IE7/SE530 comparing to the bass of the E3c ?

Will the upgrade be a big improvement  ?

Thanks
smile.gif

Apr 23, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #5 of 16
JVC FX700 has deep punchy bass with wide soundstage and clear mids and highs. Also Sony EX1000, Westone 4, SM3, Westone 3, UM3x are very detailed with great quality bass.

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #8 of 16
I did some more reading and came into conclusion that the IE8 is not for me as they aren't very good noise isolating. As I mentioned in my first post, the most important thing for me is that the IEM's will be suitable for Vocal Trance (and good bass). I'm starting to get the urge to spend some more $$$ and go for the se535 or the Westone 4. Will it be a mistake ?

PS,

Is it true that Shure fixed the cable split problem in the es530 that have been made from 2008 ?

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
I did some more reading and came into conclusion that the IE8 is not for me as they aren't very good noise isolating. As I mentioned in my first post, the most important thing for me is that the IEM's will be suitable for Vocal Trance (and good bass). I'm starting to get the urge to spend some more $$$ and go for the se535 or the Westone 4. Will it be a mistake ?

PS,

Is it true that Shure fixed the cable split problem in the es530 that have been made from 2008 ?

yep its true mine were manufactured in 06/08 however after alot of wrapping and use the cables were still looking shoddy although certainly not damaged in any way ( just had kinks and a few lumps and bumps from where they had been bent too much), i sold them to fund the IE8 purchase which is more suitable for my music however, the isolation and fit is difficult to find although i have found the tips for me (double flange large) and once the fit is there its terrific. one of the main reasons i chose to sidegrade in a sense was the ie8 cable it really is simple yet excellent, the shure se530 cable certainly felt sturdier but the ie8 cable is lighter, thinner, almost zero cable noise and its replaceable which no matter how you cut it is enough to put your mind at rest i certainly use these alot more than the shures.

however as much as i think the ie8 is great it is a sidegrade in sound and it truely does come down to preference, the IE8 just sound different, the bass is better to put it simply, dynamic drivers seem to hit harder and its nice but for you i am going to recommend the se535,  if you can find a good price a replaceable cable is a massive bonus for any earphones if you ask me. sure you can get brilliant cables non removeable but its still the most attacked part of any earphones wether it be trapping in zips, tugging and pulling, wrapping and unwrapping wouldnt you prefer to know it can be replaced after warranty expires by yourself.

i say go for the se535, the se530 imo were fantastic and im sure the se535 are better in every way you wont be disappointed. in regards to vs the IE8 the shures dont hit as hard but getting a great fit and perfect seal is hassle so for this reason just go for the shures they are so much friendlier to fit and the sound is easily just as good however i have yet to hear balanced armatures hit like a dynamic driver.

Apr 24, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #10 of 16
I just noticed the um3x-rc and read about it. It seems a very good option, so it goes down to se530 (the cable problem fixed, it's still in) or se535 or um3x-rc (according to what I read it would be better than the w4 for my using).

So what do you say ?

Thanks
smile.gif

Apr 25, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #14 of 16
I still can't decide which one of se530/se535/UM3X/SM3 to choose, the more I read about it the more I get confused.
frown.gif

I can't test them in my area so I depend on reviews and your advice.

Here is an example of the kind of music that I listen to (playlist) -

http://www.youtube.com/user/XooooooooM

It just that the es530 good price offer is about to expire.

Thank you so much for your help
regular_smile%20.gif

Quote:
thats because the PL-50 is excellent

Yes, they do make me happy
biggrin.gif
looking to take it another step forward
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back