Need Advice: Audio-GD Sparrow VS. Nuforce HDP
Jul 6, 2010 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

miyinan

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I am looking for some upgrade to my current setup. It has to be a dac/amp combo (like what I have now). I currently have a Sparrow and a uDac. However, I found that my ESW9 and MS1i seem to have better synergy with the uDac whereas my HD580s definitely sound better with the Sparrow.

There are a lot of thread about the Nuforce HDP. Will someone who have heard both of the Sparrow and HDP give some comparison between them? Would you consider the HDP to be a step up from the Sparrow?

I am not going to invest in a dedicated amp and will only use the HDP as a dac/amp combo if I get them.

Thanks

Lee

Jul 8, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 6
you're not going to find anyone.  Both are new, but the sparrow's even newer, most people who own the HDP will have had no reason to consider a dac/amp $300 cheaper.  

You might have better luck trying to find people who've had the FUN however, since I believe the sparrow and the FUN are pretty much identical in sound.  Check the massive FUN threads and see if you can find any info on the HDP.

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
you're not going to find anyone.  Both are new, but the sparrow's even newer, most people who own the HDP will have had no reason to consider a dac/amp $300 cheaper.  

You might have better luck trying to find people who've had the FUN however, since I believe the sparrow and the FUN are pretty much identical in sound.  Check the massive FUN threads and see if you can find any info on the HDP.

Make sense:). I will try to do some research on the FUN then.

Thanks

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #6 of 6
I did a little research here on HDP and FUN. What confused me was that many said that FUN (and Compass) had a better amp section and the HDP had a better DAC section. If this is true, will the HDP give me a noticeable improvement over the Sparrow (assuming it is sonically similar to the FUN)?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back