Need a usb DAC / amp for my HD25 1-II
Apr 3, 2011 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mLink

New Head-Fier
This week I purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD25 1-II, so now I'm looking for a portable amp to pair with them.

The amps/dac's I have been looking into are:
iBasso D2+, Leckerton UHA-4 Slimline, Total Bithead
It will be paired with my Sansa Clip+, Ipod Classic or my work computer.

I would like to know your opinions on which one provides the best sound quality, or if there is a different dac/amp for under $200 that is better.
I tried to research them as best I could, but the threads either weren't comparing these particular models or the whole thread turned into an argument about Fiio amps.  Speaking of which, the amp I will be upgrading from is a Fiio E5.

Thanks for your help.

Apr 4, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #2 of 6
If you haven't seen this thread I highly recommend you check it out:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/214588/review-portable-amp-roundup-56-portable-amps-reviewed-and-compared-final-update-12-20-10-added-rsa-sr-71b

I don't have personal experience with amps but I do use the same headphones. However, I have received an Icon Mobile but haven't had the chance to test it, I also took a leap of faith and ordered the Corda 3Move which will hopefully arrive by this weekend. I'm no expert but if you're interested I can repost later on how they work with these headphones.

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #4 of 6
brrgrr, thanks for that link. It's a tad overwhelming, but it gets the job done.
Jonnip, great! Looking forward to your impressions on the pair.

I can raise my budget up to $300 if needed, since this will likely be the only amp/dac I buy for a while.
Lately I've been considering the iBasso D4 or D6 and Leckerton uha-6

Apr 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 6
The Leckerton has been getting quite a bit of praise from those who own it, aside from the guy with the bad usb port, but he got the board replaced and all is well. I just ordered the UHA-4 I'll let you know how it goes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back