Need A New Amp
Jul 12, 2010 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

darmster

New Head-Fier
Hello Everyone,

I've been reading this forum for about a month, trying to decide on my first IEM's over $100 dollars. So I decided to purchase the UE Super.fi 5eb. Juat got them today and they sound quite nice on my pc, but not so well using my iphone 4. Based on some members here I'm doing the burn in process with some pink noise.  Now I really want to purchase a portable amp that would be that would bring out the sound of these EB's when using my iphone.  I just have no clue on where to began, because there are so many choices. Now I'm pretty sure I will need a LOC to get the best sound, can you experts please help? By the way I listen to mostly Hip/Hop, R&B and Pop.

PS: Budget is around $100 or less

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 11
Not to sound like a broken record, but the search feature is really excellent here on head fi.

Fiio E7, Nuforce mobile amp, ibasso T4, DIY amps such as CMOY to name some

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #4 of 11
the ibasso T3 is a pretty good amp. Look at the  reviews here and there is positive feedback on this amp.

As a note, do not buy the Nuforce icon. The battery life is very bad compared to the T3, I think my small Fiio E5 has better baterry life. The Icon is also very bright, so unless you have a very dark sounding phone, it will sound harsh on the highs.

There is a 30+ amp review on this site, that covers a lot of amps, including the T3 and the Icon to compare. Search it up.

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 11
@ myth I'm only trying to achieve a little bass boost when using the iphone 4. Hoping the cheap ffio e5 can give me that boost.  EBs sound quite fine on my pc using audigy sb card. 

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
Zero, what do you think about the fiio E5?

The fiio e5 is okay, the only good thing it does is that it helps to amplify the volume. Though, there is a little bit of improvement on the bass control and less stereo crosstalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back