Need a Good Headphone and a good Mp3 Player which really feels great to listen to..
Jul 18, 2010 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

itsnikhilrao

New Head-Fier
HI All

I write this after trying a few options. I am a great fan of music .. i.e Heavy metal and the kind. I listen to files coded at 320Kbps or flac files.

I have tried the Soundmagic Pl30 i found it just OK.. I want something really really cool. I din find the mids too good in the soundmagic.

I tried the soundmagic with w810i(pretty old) then with the nokia 5230 and then the Sansa Clip + and also my laptop with onboard sound. i.e Soundmax its a HP laptop Elitebook 6930p. I found the pl 30 headphones lil better on my laptop

.. I still require some thing more. it does not sound complete.i found the default sansa clip headphone not upto the mark.

Not sure if my ears are dead and cant distinguish sounds well , as i have heard greatreviews of the soundmagic and sansa clip+ but i still feel the music does not seem lively and i need to feel that rush of adrenaline when i hear music.

Thanks for your support

I am now planning to get the Senhiuser CX 300 II or CX 400 would it be a worthy upgrade over soundmagic pl 30 ?

Regards
N.

Jul 18, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #2 of 6
First things first, get your clip+ rockboxed trust me it makes a big difference. I too was not initially impressed by the sound of clip+ on OF (Original Firmware). The cx300 are not an upgrade, not unless you like bloated bass and no clarity. Do you have a budget?

PS: What do you mean you found the mids too good?

Jul 18, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #3 of 6
Hey Vash-GR

Thanks i would definately try to rockbox it..

Yes mybudget would be about 80$ (max) for a in ear phone...

I mean that the mids was the area i did not like. everything must be balanced. The soundmagic pl 30 feels ok at high volumes but relatively low volumes feels the details are lost (is this only me ???!!!!)

But ur points are noted.. I will surely post my opinion after rockbxing it

Jul 18, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #4 of 6
My setup is Walkman A828.
I find it drives my RE0s (which are 64 ohms) easily.
I particularly like the 5 band custom Eq and the clearbass feature as i never run my RE0s or RE-ZEROS flat.
The clearbass boost is ideal for using  both of the above IEMs and is an ideal match for them.

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 6
@itsnikhilrao
For balanced sound the PL-50 is considered good at your budget. Other choices are Maximo iMetal iM-590 and Thinksound Rain. You can find more information in these two threads, 1 and 2
Edit: Fixed second link, had the same in both

Users who are viewing this thread

Back