NCM "Bella" - (1)10cm DD (8) BA - Universal/Custom
Jan 19, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #46 of 88
Cool, thanks. I'll start saving some pennies for the Bella. I do prefer a good DD married with BAs, you get the best of both worlds if they nail the implementation.

Coming from basshead where ASG 2.5 were a semi endgame it was pretty hard to get impact (bass) sparkle in treble without a sense of cohesion issue being somewhere due to passive x-overs and mids that got lost.
I had given up until i was told of these. They intentionally put the vocals and mids a bit forward to compensate for what was an issue spot for most hybrids.

I did a review on my site

https://audioholikz.com/2017/12/20/ncm-bella-1dd-8ba-universal-iem-review/

The sparkle of the treble without any roughness stood out more than anything. And the small size.

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #47 of 88
Coming from basshead where ASG 2.5 were a semi endgame it was pretty hard to get impact (bass) sparkle in treble without a sense of cohesion issue being somewhere due to passive x-overs and mids that got lost.
I had given up until i was told of these. They intentionally put the vocals and mids a bit forward to compensate for what was an issue spot for most hybrids.

I did a review on my site

https://audioholikz.com/2017/12/20/ncm-bella-1dd-8ba-universal-iem-review/

The sparkle of the treble without any roughness stood out more than anything. And the small size.

I read that last week, which is what got me interested in them in the first place...especially the low end :wink:. Great review! Would be interesting to see how they stack up against the Zombie as it's got the same set up albeit with a 11mm DD.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #48 of 88
My next iem comes down to Vega, Xelento, Oriolus Mk2, Noble K10 and Sirius A91, in that order. Now, these Bella’s are piquing my interest. I need basshead (or potentially basshead), with forward, clear, lush mids and sparkling treble with little roll off, but no sibilance. Also, I’m a soundstage but.

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #49 of 88
For me these days I look more for basshead potential in iems and headphones, what kind of eq and bass boost can they handle as opposed to a bassy signature from the start. I have many of those and they tend to not scale well and not to have as good mids and highs. The Radius are an example. Great bass, mids and highs are nothing special. Kinda 1 note.

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #50 of 88
I read that last week, which is what got me interested in them in the first place...especially the low end :wink:. Great review! Would be interesting to see how they stack up against the Zombie as it's got the same set up albeit with a 11mm DD.

Zombie?

For me these days I look more for basshead potential in iems and headphones, what kind of eq and bass boost can they handle as opposed to a bassy signature from the start. I have many of those and they tend to not scale well and not to have as good mids and highs. The Radius are an example. Great bass, mids and highs are nothing special. Kinda 1 note.

These can get to ear wax loosening level. Apparently they tuned up the mids a bit to prevent the vocalist behind the drums effect I often got with hybrids. I don't start threads much anymore. And these are going back. No freebies. Just a hybrid set that finally gets the thump and sparkle correct and i have heard other stuff priced in this range and...yeah, these need a thread.

Jan 19, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #51 of 88
Zombie?

These can get to ear wax loosening level. Apparently they tuned up the mids a bit to prevent the vocalist behind the drums effect I often got with hybrids. I don't start threads much anymore. And these are going back. No freebies. Just a hybrid set that finally gets the thump and sparkle correct and i have heard other stuff priced in this range and...yeah, these need a thread.

The Rhapsodio Zombie, it has a 11mm DD and 8 BAs.

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #52 of 88
Agreed.

As to your previous comment, I can tell you that for me the Vega was sibilant, especially at louder listening levels and especially with silicone tips. Other people didn't find it sssibilant but you know, different ears and such.

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #57 of 88
More sparkle and more bass. Hybrid v.s. all BA Totally different sound style I think

do u find the mids to be in any way recessed or spot on

thanks

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #59 of 88
Hey I know you said hybrids and BAs are usually tonally different but how do the Bellas compare against the Andromedas. I'm looking to own a single all-purpose TOTL IEM and I've been obsessed with the Andros for a while now but the Bellas are made in my hometown and I do believe they sound as good as they look.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #60 of 88
Hey I know you said hybrids and BAs are usually tonally different but how do the Bellas compare against the Andromedas. I'm looking to own a single all-purpase TOTL IEM and I've been obsessed with the Andros for a while now but the Bellas are made in my hometown and I do believe they sound as good as they look.

I only demo'd the Andro and have since sent back the Bella so I cannot compare. If you live so close you should try and get a listen to the Bella in person

Users who are viewing this thread

Back