NBA Playoffs 09
Apr 29, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #31 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Bulls make me sad
frown.gif

These Celtics have that effect on folks...

Whale of a game, fo shizzle ...

Perkins IS a BEAST, Rondo is a hyper handle w 1 T.O. just spectacular w 2 3pt outside shots with the clock runnin out, and Baby runnin the floor for 2 layups and only 2 defensive lapes...

Playoff hoops at its competitive best, IMV
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #32 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These Celtics have that effect on folks...

Heh, that's one way of looking at it.

I have to admit in hindsight it was pretty hilarious seeing the sequence of Miller taking about an hour to move down the lane and then missing the first free throw and then not even coming close to executing the intentional miss.

Apr 29, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #33 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I just say the Hornets suck.

chandler make a big difference. it was a very dumb idea by trying to trade him, i really rather trade david west, who basically a jump shooter with very average post move and defense.

Apr 29, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #34 of 258
I think the Celtics-Bulls series has taken a couple years off my life... and it's not even over. What a game. Again. I felt bad for Brad Miller at the end, Rondo got him hard in the face =/

Apr 29, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #36 of 258
Oh well.....Marvs bested the Spurs. I think Pop will need much younger and stronger bench in order for the Spurs to rise again.
frown.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #37 of 258
I an continually impressed with Rondo. That kid really is carrying the Celtics some times. Dwight Howard had quite a game too, and with 24 boards proves once again that he really is a monster down low; now he just needs a game beyond his arm's length from the hoop!
tongue.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #38 of 258
I wouldn't hang that loss on Brad Miller alone. Rose made about 3-4 costly turnovers and poor decisions in the waning minutes, that's how it goes with a rookie PG. Give him a few years to develop and he'll be the Lebron of the PG world, mark it down. The Rondo-Rose matchup is going to be fun to watch over the next 10-15 years provided they stick with their teams.
biggrin.gif

Speaking of sticking with a team, the Hornets are certainly in bad shape and it's very possible that CP3 will be demanding a trade in a year or 2. They have 2 more years with Peja and Mo Pete's garbage contracts. (They total 22 mil per year together!)

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #42 of 258
Ya know, Larry Bird was one of the biggest trash talkers of all time; and K.G. anywhere near a basketball court(keep in mind, this is in our(K.G.s) house) this is what K.G. can still contribuite to the team, his intensity and mouth!
The story is told that K.G actually had Glen(Big Baby) Davis in tears in the lockeroom after a subpar performance by BBD. And afterwhich (midseason) BBD then began contending with 110% effort, to his own career and the teams benefit!
The man IS intense! He doesn't need to give a flip who doesn't like it! This isn't pattycake games!

Man, watchin the Nuggets now, I again wished we signed The Birdman Andersen when we tried him out earlier this year!

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #44 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberidd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I suspect that what this looks like is not actually what was going on...

I think you're right, Gordon seems to be in the foreground because he's not anywhere near that tall compared to KG.

That said, there's been a lot of talk about KG's fake/opportunistic tough guy attitude this year. He's been picking on "lesser" players and not players of his caliber. Here's an example of his jackassery. He should have been T'd up, but got away with it. I can understand intensity and playing hard and fouling hard. Heck, a little trash talk doesn't hurt either. Yelling at your teammates when they're sandbagging is perfectly acceptable. Taunting a guy by wagging your finger, clapping, or screaming in his face, that's too far; show some freakin class.

Forgot to throw in the crying Big Baby video: Linkage

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #45 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go Blazers! =P

As much as I like the Blazers, McMillan is doing a poor job putting his team in position to win. They are chock-full of young, high flying athletes and yet they run a slow down methodical game. If they opened up the offense against the Rockets I think they would blow them out of the gym. Yao can't keep pace in an uptempo game and the Blazers have the depth to run for all 48 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back