NBA Playoffs 09
Apr 20, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #16 of 258
Look like my Spurs will not get through the conference final this year! Sad that Manu can't play and Timmy is not 100%. I still think that they can pull out of the first round against the Mav. though. Houston looks super impressive non the less. I still take Lakers over Carv. during the finals. The Lakers are just deeper team.

Apr 20, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #17 of 258
If by some miracle the Pistons win it all, does A.I. GET A RING? My sister said they better have a bake sale at the Palace to make up for the cash they won't generate in the playoffs. Kwame Cakes.

Apr 20, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #18 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look like my Spurs will not get through the conference final this year! Sad that Manu can't play and Timmy is not 100%. I still think that they can pull out of the first round against the Mav. though. Houston looks super impressive non the less. I still take Lakers over Carv. during the finals. The Lakers are just deeper team.

It's true. The Lakers are a deeper team than the Cavs.

Apr 21, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #19 of 258
Round two of the Celtics & Bulls... wow. Both teams just played with so much heart: Gordon was straight up unstoppable, Rondo got his triple double, Ray sealed it with clutch treys down the stretch, this is gettin' good!

Apr 21, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #20 of 258
The Bulls-Celtics Game 2 was amazing down the stretch. The two former UConn Huskies Ben Gordon and Ray Allen couldn't miss. I hope the rest of that series is just as exciting as the first two games.

The Bulls are like the East's version of the Portland Trailblazers. They both have a lot of young talent, but virtually zero playoff experience. Win or lose, putting up this much of a fight against the Celtics is good for their development.

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #22 of 258
No matter what, I still agree with a good few that it will be Lakers-Cavs at the end of it and what I expect from it is awesome all-court basketball, although i'm a Lakers fan since i was born in LA, i will just appreciate the overall play if that happens in the finals

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #24 of 258
Kobe vs Bron finals, with lakers taking it home.

Now its kobe turn to make a song about shaq :p

But seriously, cmon look at this team:

Kobe, Gasol, Ariza, Odom and the other supporting cast. It's unstoppable. I'm calling they win this year and next.

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #25 of 258
My Celts are giving a good show, although they are worn, torn & wounded as a team, with the Captain(Pierce) particularly appearing tired. Yet, I remain a fanatic believer that "Anything is possible"
smily_headphones1.gif

The realist in me sees a Cavs ECF championship vs they whos name cannot pass these lips
smily_headphones1.gif

Great contests though, for those of us who love the game first, and second, all else that follows from that mindset, ie winning... Presupposed, other than that far left coast team
wink.gif
lol

Oh and, Kobe, Gasol, Ariza, Odom and the other supporting cast are quite stoppable, and recently...

The minute Kevin Garnett was pronounced "likely out for the playoffs" this postseason became an exercise in moral victories. Few people really believe that this team has a chance at the title and most of those people belong to the group that is holding out hope for a miraculous return by the Big Ticket in the later rounds. I don't mean to belittle those folks. A small part of me clings to that hope as well. But for the most part, I fear that this season will end with a loss sooner or later.

The Celtics will probably hang on to beat the better-than-expected Bulls. I think they have a great chance of beating whoever comes out of the Philly-Orlando series (still think it will be the Magic). If we are really lucky, they might even put up a spirited fight against the Cavs; digging down deep, never backing down, showing that Championship swagger, only to eventually lose the series in game 6 or at best, 7 by virtue of some LeBron James heroics. The Celtics could walk away from that saying "we never gave up, even without Garnett." That is all well and good, but it just isn't good enough for some Celts fans, already threatening to jump from the Tobin Bridge. lol

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #26 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Celts are giving a good show, although they are worn, torn & wounded as a team, with the Captain(Pierce) particularly appearing tired. Yet, I remain a fanatic believer that "Anything is possible"
smily_headphones1.gif

The realist in me sees a Cavs ECF championship vs they whos name cannot pass these lips
smily_headphones1.gif

Great contests though, for those of us who love the game first, and second, all else that follows from that mindset, ie winning... Presupposed, other than that far left coast team
wink.gif
lol

Oh and, Kobe, Gasol, Ariza, Odom and the other supporting cast are quite stoppable, and recently...

Don't worry my friend, we shall see.

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #27 of 258
Let's not put the Lakers in the finals quite yet.
The Nugs and Rockets are both strong teams that could pose some problems. I think the Nuggets have the best shot since the Lakers are weak at the PG spot and Pau is a below average on-ball defender in the post. Nugs have a top 5 PG (Billups), a bruiser in the paint (Nene), a solid shot blocker/rebounder (Andersen), a combustible and ultra-athletic SG (JR Smith), and an all-world, multi-faceted talent (Melo), a seasoned vet PF (K-mart), and a pesky, defense-first combo guard (Jones). Denver is also one of the better home court advantages in the NBA, I would put it #2 to Utah.

Lakers-Nugs would be a GREAT series, I hope it happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back