NBA Playoffs 09
Jun 17, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #257 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, don't stop. football still couple months away.

griffin, you know camby is injury prone. the clippers will be lucky to have him play 60 games a year. randolph? they guy can't play defense and what if he gain 50 pound during the summer? kaman is serviceable but that's about it so i'm sure the clippers can find 20, to even 30 minutes a night from the 4 or the 5 spot.

thabeet, the guy is over 7 feet but he's what 260? he'll get push around if he stay that thin. mutombo was never that thin even when he was in georgetown or denver. you need strength and power to play defense.

rubio? never seen him play. i think i missed almost every chance to see the spanish team in 2008 olympics

ditto for jennings. i don't remember seeing him play

stephen curry, a another classic combo guard. i'm not so sure he's better than, salim stoudemire

tyreke evans, a shooting guard can't shoot and not very fast? play point? how many 6-5 point guard that's successful in the nba? jamal crawford couldn't. shawn livingston was a fiailure(both as a point guard and an nba player). even joe johnson couldn't play good as a point guard.

jordan hill, he look lost always.

i know i'm saying a lot of bad things about this years draft but i do like some guys but they mostly rank later in the draft. not going to be all star but i'm sure they can be starters around the league.

dejuan blair, love his rebounding. played very well against uconn

ty lawson, a leader. very strong. another jameer nelson?

The Clippers also have DeAndre Jordan in the front court and are trying to develop him as well. They're paying Randolph, Kaman, and Camby a ton of cash and Dunleavy is a horrible coach/GM so he's going to play them. They should just go with Jordan and Griffin and develop them and trade away the old expensive guys. I think Griffin will get around 20-25 min a game, and near the end of the year when the old guys are mailing it in with fake injuries he'll get some heavy run.

Thabeet and Deke are the same size, almost exactly. Thabeet is an inch taller and about 5-10 pounds heavier, so pretty much right on.

Curry has a much better basketball IQ and fundamentals than the human catapult Salim Stoudamire. He was forced to do everything for his team in college, he's going to play a much different role in the NBA so no one has really be able to project how he'll turn out. At times in college he made some brilliant passes that showed excellent vision. I like Curry, I'd compare him more to another former UA player, Mike Bibby.

Jason Kidd isn't very fast and can't shoot... and he's a hall of famer. I'm not saying Evans is going to be Kidd, but Evans is a better shooter than Kidd is but doesn't have the same vision. Evans is a really interesting player, it's hard to figure him out.

Blair is really short for his position at 6'6". He makes up for that somewhat with is extremely long wingspan. Similar guys are Elton Brand and Paul Millsap. I could see him being as good as Millsap if he works hard on his mid range shot; if he's going to have a shot in the league it's going to be due to work ethic.

I think Ty Lawson is going to be a steal if he falls out of the lottery, which is very possible. He is a complete floor general, he's quick, solid, and plays defense. His range is a big question mark, we'll see if he can improve on that. I hope an uptempo team drafts him or he'll probably struggle.

I also like Earl Clark a bunch. He's that Rashard Lewis/Lamar Odom/Marvin Williams type of tall SF that can do some banging as a 4 as well. He showed the ability to hit the mid range jumper out to the college 3 point line. Louisville's system makes it hard to gauge how good every player is because their scoring is so balanced. I hope my team drafts him if he drops to 14! (Suns!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back