NBA Playoffs 09
May 31, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #196 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last night the Jet suggested the Lakers should go small. Start Odom to guard Turk, which would bring Bynum off the bench to throw another body at Howard. Whatever the play, the Lakers' certaintely have more options than the poor Cavs did.

I think even going small, Lakers need to commit to defending the perimeter, and closing out beyond the arc when the Magic go inside out. Like you said, virometal, Lakers definitely have more options than the Cavs. The problem is, the Lakers have sucked horribly at guarding the 3 point line all season, and that is bad news when you're going up against the Magic.

Actually, the Lakers need to commit to playing defense in general, which means Bynum needs to push Howard out of the paint and keep him out because Howard has no range, and the Lakers guards need to prevent the inbound pass to Howard and deny penetration by Orlando. With Howard in the middle and the rest of his team slashing into the paint, Lakers will want to collapse into the paint - this is where their defense is going to need discipline and communication, things they've lacked defensively all season.

Offensively, the Lakers have less to worry; if they can play defense, their offense will take care of itself.

I'm calling Lakers in 6, but right now this series is going to be a wild one, and anything can happen.

Jun 1, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #198 of 258
Let me be the first to say yeahhhhhhhhh right. I'll believe that when I see it. Nice take jfourc.

All the other supposed Laker and NBA fans, your NBA cards have been pullled. Sorry, maybe next year kiddos.
icon10.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #199 of 258
I don't know if a rusty Jameer Nelson is any better than Rafer Alston right now. If Jameer is coming back from a torn labrum so he probably hasn't been shooting much, and he's not in game shape either. He could help a bit, but I'm not sure if it would make the difference in whether the Magic will win or lose the series.

If I were the Lakers I would probably go small. Use Gasol and Bynum to guard Howard, Odom on Lewis, Ariza on Hedu, Kobe on Lee, and Fisher on Alston. You could also use Kobe to guard Hedu as well and move Ariza to guard Lewis. Kobe will destroy Lee by posting him up. If Hedu or Lewis end up guarding Kobe, he'll beat them off the dribble. Bottom line, Kobe should have a huge series.

I think this series is the Lakers' to lose. If they show up and play hard like they did to close out the Nugs, they're going to be the champs. They are too versatile and Kobe is by far the best player still standing. I would like to say Lakers in 5, but since they've been bipolar throughout the playoffs, I'll take them in 7. I hate the Lakers.

Jun 2, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #201 of 258
Dude, doooooooooood. I'd look like Big Baby on a diet like that. Fast metabo people tick me off. What a life man, he probably spends the other half of the day with NBA Live and strippers, the expensive kind.

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #202 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, doooooooooood. I'd look like Big Baby on a diet like that. Fast metabo people tick me off. What a life man, he probably spends the other half of the day with NBA Live and strippers, the expensive kind.

He spends half the day with a crap game...

oh dear......

2K9 craps all over NBA Live tbh. Yes, played both and own 2K9.
Anyway, first game of the Finals and no comments What!?
Also as curiosity, anyone know what broadcast headsets the ESPN commentators are wearing? :p

My NY Knicks team with players from NY = yay!

PG: Tinsley
SG: Artest
SF: Odom
PF: Amare (ok not from NY, but has a strong chance IMO of either moving to the Cavs or NY in free agency 2010 [D'Antoni factor])
C: Brand

Bench:

Pietrus = sixth man Others: Claxton, Sean Marks (for laughs as he's from NZ), Chris Quinn (completely underrated in 2K9, 3 point machine in 2K9) among others.

If only the real NY Knicks were like this :p

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #204 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Series is over.

Agreed. I'm a huge Lakers fan, but where did this Lakers team come from? A beast has been unleashed from the NBA playoffs...

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #206 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why no NBA Finals thread then? :p

Well if I had my choice this thread would turn in to the Bill Walton appreciation thread, but I digress.

Jun 5, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #210 of 258
Majiks shooting % will average out, with at least a couple of wins due to that snake cooling off durring the same games
wink.gif

Gooo Majik!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back