NBA Playoffs 09
May 27, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #166 of 258
On another forum I remember someone saying the cavs are rolling but they will regret not getting a low post threat, this series showed just how right that guy was. Big Z is a jump shooter and is too old to post up, varejao doesn't know how to post up, and joe smith is also an older jump shooter. Magic are executing the inside outside game beautifully, cavs don't have an inside threat. To top it off they had sczerbiak's huge expiring contract and decided to stay put, I don't know all the options but supposedly shaq was one of em except they only offered ben wallaces contract so that died.

May 27, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #169 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On another forum I remember someone saying the cavs are rolling but they will regret not getting a low post threat, this series showed just how right that guy was. Big Z is a jump shooter and is too old to post up, varejao doesn't know how to post up, and joe smith is also an older jump shooter. Magic are executing the inside outside game beautifully, cavs don't have an inside threat. To top it off they had sczerbiak's huge expiring contract and decided to stay put, I don't know all the options but supposedly shaq was one of em except they only offered ben wallaces contract so that died.

Cleveland is small market after all. Their team has no money so they were smart to be very hesitant to take back such a huge contract as Shaq's (although it'd only be for 2 seasons).

I hope with that chinese co.'s backing they will be able to overpay a FA to come to cle and give lebron some help. If Lebron ends up leaving anyways, then the Cavs should fold up and go to the D-League b/c that's the type of players they have on their roster without lebron.

May 27, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #170 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus Howard is going to miss the next game because he picked up his 6th technical foul of the playoffs. That's an automatic 1 game suspension.

That one rivaled the Joey Crawford/Tim Duncan tech.

howard.jpg

May 27, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #171 of 258
NBA rescinded Dwight's 6th T. I'm not sure why, he was standing over Varejao while flexing and yelling and looking directly at him. I've seen plenty of T's handed out for that over the years. Just like if you do the Dikembe finger wag in someone's face, no different.

I was off on my playoffs T rulebook anyway, it takes 7 to get suspended like already stated.

The Cavs could use the cap space cleared by Wally's contract to sign someone this off season though. I guess that's a bright side to not trading him.

May 28, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #173 of 258
Was it worth it?

Me thinks the Lakers will reap the reward from their reg. season record in the end. With the two teams so even, the bench will be a big key of course, and we all know the old adage about the bench at home vs. road. The home team bench has scored more in every single game of the series. 9/10 Denver takes game six.

Denver should also blame Anderson. His hair did't have the same lift as the prior games. If the locks aren't tight, how does one expect everything else to be?

May 28, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #174 of 258
I didn't get to watch the game, I was busy making future NBA'ers tonight.
icon10.gif

So was the poor shooting performances by the Nugs due to tight D by the Lakers or just an off night? The Lakers didn't win by a bunch and there were 3 bad shooting efforts from individuals on the Nuggets. I'm thinking this series is over anyway, I can't imagine how the Nuggets could possibly beat the Refs in a game 7 in LA.
rolleyes.gif

May 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #175 of 258
Quote:

So was the poor shooting performances by the Nugs due to tight D by the Lakers or just an off night?

Well, I'd say little bit of both, but that's no fun.
ksc75smile.gif
From the Lakers' perspective, I thought Gasol and Odom played their best off-the-ball games of the series. The stat sheet doesn't lie about Odom, plus Brown gave some big minutes. It was the best I've seen the team play in the conference finals.

On the flip side, Denver missed a bunch of good looks in the fourth, and yeah, it seemed they were on the wrong end of the stripes for a couple of key moments. Nene's 6th was real iffy.

Big picture for me, it was home court. The home team will usually get more calls and receive more from their bench.

That's my two bits, and most think they're worth about one most of the time.

May 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #176 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'd say little bit of both, but that's no fun.
ksc75smile.gif
From the Lakers' perspective, I thought Gasol and Odom played their best off-the-ball games of the series. The stat sheet doesn't lie about Odom, plus Brown gave some big minutes. It was the best I've seen the team play in the conference finals.

On the flip side, Denver missed a bunch of good looks in the fourth, and yeah, it seemed they were on the wrong end of the stripes for a couple of key moments. Nene's 6th was real iffy.

Big picture for me, it was home court. The home team will usually get more calls and receive more from their bench.

That's my two bits, and most think they're worth about one most of the time.

Haha nice commentary virometal. You confirmed a lot of my opinions too.

May 28, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #177 of 258
Orlando vs Denver in the finals? crickets *chirp* *chirp*

Howards flexing was a bit too much but nothing like what malone and kemp used to get away with and of course Deke's finger wag.
Varajao's flopping should be getting technicals...This euro brand of soccer flopping needs to be cracked down on. Nowiski, Ginobili and Calderone are the other main culprets that come to mind. Whats the common thread here? they all played in Europe. Whats next? do the airplane celebration after a freethrow? how about giving out yellow cards instead of technicals? put a stop to this futbolisation before its too late. Somewhere Divac and Sabonis are sipping vodka and smiling.

May 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #178 of 258
I'd much much MUCH rather watch Denver vs Orlando than Cle vs LA. I guess I'm one of the few people left who thinks watching 1v5's with atrocious shot selection in the 4th isn't very fun to watch.

May 29, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #179 of 258
I used to be a big "only watch NBA games in the 4qt" kind of guy. Lately, it's more like 2 and 3. Let everyone work up a sweat in the first, so I just watch Will & Grace reruns. Karen just cracks me up, how she's a lush and rich. Plus Jack, I mean c'mon, "just Jack!". Will is kind of stale though, but with the menagerie that surrounds him, that's kind of the point I guess.

Anyway, so there's usually some good ball for 2 & 3. Some sub has the stroke, plus a bunch of guys aren't worried about fouls year. Then for the fourth, I have been jumping over to whatever weapon system is on military channel unless I fall asleep while either Kobe or Bron stare down their defender for five seconds then jack some jumper while an armory of possible three point shooters file their nails.

Yeah, I see the point in a big way sometimes. What can you do, stars sell tickets and the league ain't going to mess with that anytime soon.

*the above was exaggerated*

May 29, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #180 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd much much MUCH rather watch Denver vs Orlando than Cle vs LA. I guess I'm one of the few people left who thinks watching 1v5's with atrocious shot selection in the 4th isn't very fun to watch.

Last night was pretty "fun". Magic had no answer for Bron. The best is when they show van gundy aka ron jeremy shake his head when they clothesline Bron and he still makes the shot. Would you rather see Melo and Hedo jacking shots without even thinking of passing? Id say LA is playing the most "team ball" of the 4 teams still in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back