Nationite NaNite N2
Dec 22, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #16 of 48
I don't notice much hiss with IEM over 32ohm. With IEM under 32ohm, it is faint and not noticeable to me most of the time when music is playing.

Dec 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #17 of 48
I got a pair of q-jays over Christmas and ordered the n2 also, i am looking foward to seeing how well the two pair up and if there is any hiss, i will keep all of you informed once i get the n2.

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #18 of 48
I was considering the [size=8pt]S:Flo2 or Telcast T51, but I don't really need the video part because I have an Archos for that purpose. Does it sound comparable? I couldn't find info on the chip, only the Max9722 amp.[/size]

Jan 4, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #19 of 48
Maxim isn't particularly well known from making great sounding opamp, but in this case I think Cube has made it work well in the C30. I won't say it sounds better than s:flo2, but at least I think it is better sounding than my Sansa Fuze..

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #20 of 48

Quote:
Maxim isn't particularly well known from making great sounding opamp, but in this case I think Cube has made it work well in the C30. I won't say it sounds better than s:flo2, but at least I think it is better sounding than my Sansa Fuze..

x2 w/ respect to my Gumstick v. Clip+.  The Sflo2 is better than both (IMO) but obviously brings different considerations.  As to the glare, if one could source some tint that should solve the display problem outdoors.  I'm oddly tempted to hear the N2 v. the Gumstick.  I wonder if FW updates would be more plentiful in this iteration.   

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #21 of 48
To me im not convinced that the n2 is worth it,  

I just got the cube c30 from amazon with free shipping and taxes included for (£18 / $28).  It was 4gb and is in the chrome colour (paired it with a 16gb micro sd (so assuming the n2 will work with that also.)

Unless you were specifically after the alpha's then the value just isnt there for me, as i could spend $40 less and get the M6 headphones instead (amongst others) also the c30 includes the F1 headphones which personally i think are the best sounding stock headphones i have heard yet (not that ill use them that often as have hje900, re0, pfe and allessanndro ms1).

Will firmware make that much of a difference?  i have not had a problem yet with my firmware apart from the type of encoding on my flac of jerry Garcia's acoustice album which meant it did not show in menu.

The cube is a great sounding player much prefer it to the clip and ipod 5g , slight hiss on some phones.

At $28 the cube is a great sounding dap with a lot of power for harder to drive phones,  if you got the n2 i guess you still will be getting that great sound quality dap but for a much higher price.

Also the c30 is sexy as hell in all chrome paired with the hje900........... best looking rig ever?

All i would like is to access a full list of songs or a shuffle function....... maybe its there in the chinese manual but i cant read it........ hopefully the firmware is the same for n2 and i can swipe a manual to find out some tricks.....

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #22 of 48
Where did you get it that cheap? It's $55 at House of Dap. 4GB versus 8GB at $85 isn't too big a difference. I can get a 32GB SDHC for under $50 now.

When I was googling the Cube C30, there are ads and forum posts talking about a 32GB player. Was that just a big mistake or intentional misinformation?

A downside, neither NaNite or Cube seem to come with any sort of clip. I don't see the point of marketing it partially as a workout player when you can't clip it or strap it. I currently have a Samsung that I clip to a strap on a special backpack that has loudspeakers while I bike.

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #23 of 48
I got mine off amazon.co.uk from JSM distribution..... dont see in stock just now.

I did see the 32gb articles too at the start but havent actually seen them for sale.... in the same form factor is the hippo gumstick which has different internals and no bbe, it comes in 32gb but hasnt had as positive reviews as the c30 due to chip and amp cobo (different from the c30 i think?).  Cube makes the players for hippo so i wouldnt rule out the existence of a 32gb and if you find one let me know as i would be very interested.

Very true with the clip as it is a feature i used a lot on the sansa., for working out I got a caselogic workout band off ebay for £2 so does ok.

Jan 6, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #24 of 48

Quote:
A downside, neither NaNite or Cube seem to come with any sort of clip. I don't see the point of marketing it partially as a workout player when you can't clip it or strap it. I currently have a Samsung that I clip to a strap on a special backpack that has loudspeakers while I bike.

I use my gumstick when active.  There is a loop for a lanyard, just wear it around neck.

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #25 of 48
That sounds bothersome when in constant movement, even tucked in under a shirt. For casual walking that sounds great though. x2 on the clip, but the C60 is going to replace it. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #26 of 48

Quote:
That sounds bothersome when in constant movement, even tucked in under a shirt. For casual walking that sounds great though. x2 on the clip, but we the C60 is incoming...

Yeah, its for more non aerobic stuff.  I actually use my Gumstick/DBA combo for isolation at concerts during bad openers and poor covers.  Lifesaver.  

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #27 of 48
lol my typing was horrible on that last part. Anyways, that sounds mighty useful and blatantly upfront even though it may deserving lol. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #29 of 48

Users who are viewing this thread

Back