Nationite NaNite N2
Feb 3, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #31 of 48
Is this what you got? Just want to be sure the N2/C30 will fit before I get one for my wife. - http://cgi.ebay.com/CASE-LOGIC-USB-MP3-Player-Micro-Style-Armband-Case-/320651326574

Quote:
Very true with the clip as it is a feature i used a lot on the sansa., for working out I got a caselogic workout band off ebay for £2 so does ok.

Feb 11, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #34 of 48
I don't usually use mine with TF card but I did test the player with both 8GB and 16GB TF card without much delay. They all took roughly 10~15 seconds to initiate for the first times (with at least a 3~4GB music files on the card). I can't be 100% sure but I think freeze / lag could be either be TF card related (manufacturing spec and such) or likely to link to the music files themselves.

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #35 of 48
Quote:
cliffroyroycole said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gifI PM'd Raz about it, but no answer.

what's new :wink:

Quote:
 Anyone else having the issue? Once you reset, it will eventually work, but a pain.

Also, already known issue: The onboard and card data can't be meshed into a single shuffle playlist. Only one or the other can be used.

I am waiting for my NaNiteN2 to arrive, but I do have a Cube C30, which should not be that much different. I use mine with a 16GB card and I have absolutely no issues. What brand is the card?

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #36 of 48
Is there a manual for this thing? Don't see anything on the site. I know this thing should be simple, but I hate having to figure it out trial and error. I got it for my wife and I've been using the same Samsung for 7 years, so it's not intuitive. Mainly, can't figure out how to set it on random play. Learned yesterday it can't be left on for a day -- it both ran out of juice and had to be reset to plug usb in for charge.

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #38 of 48

Quote:
Is there a manual for this thing? Don't see anything on the site. I know this thing should be simple, but I hate having to figure it out trial and error. I got it for my wife and I've been using the same Samsung for 7 years, so it's not intuitive. Mainly, can't figure out how to set it on random play. Learned yesterday it can't be left on for a day -- it both ran out of juice and had to be reset to plug usb in for charge.

Power down the unit when not using and don't leave it on standby or actually on but not in use, the battery will continuously drain. Although this doesn't help your situation at the moment but we will have a quick guide on usage published for all N2 users and will be available with all N2 units shipping as well as online. I am sorry that no manual was present with your N2.

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #39 of 48
I have now had the nationite nanite n2 for some time and i want to share my review of it.

Packaging: There isn't that much to say about the packaging as its very simple, not flashy or complicated, its there to protect the player and nothing more.

Accessories: Again nothing to say much here as the only included accessory was the usb cable there wan't even a manual but i have found this very useful.

How it looks: The N2 is very nice, i get my friends always asking me to show them the n2 but most are always suprised that i went and bought a old mp3 player when i could have got a ipod nano, it takes me a little to explain that the sound is much better but sometimes i just let them listen to my headphones and they understand why i use the n2.

Sound: This is so far the best sounding mp3 player i have had, i compared it to my zune and the sound from my zune just didn't sparkle in comparison. Everything on the N2 sounds much more realistic and lively, going back to zune the same songs sounded dead and lacking much of the small detail i could hear from the n2. I have been using a pair of srh240, not the best but its what i can afford right now, i am thinking of upgrading so that i can get more out of the n2 with a pair of better quality headphones, any suggestions would be welcome.

I swtich between using bbe and no eq, some songs sound really good with bbe when others sound awful, so i constantly do a a/b between songs to see if bbe or no bbe would be better for each song, i hoped it wouldn't become a habit but my curiosity always makes me check to see if i would like the song with or without bbe. I only use the normal bbe setting there are quite a few more with the player, but i think i would turn in to a manic if i tried to see which eq setting was better for every song!

I am quite happy with the sound.

Things i don't like: No id3 tag reading is a bummer, no sd card integration and sometimes you need to remove and put back the sd card for the card to be read (quite annoying sometimes).

I haven't tried the other things on the player, i may give radio a shot soon but i don't see myself using the ebook reader.

Overall i like my n2 its become my primary player and my zune is sitting on my table doing nothing.

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #40 of 48
Have you owned any other players other than Zune?  Just to give a more broad comparison?  Ie, any of the ipod models or Sony players?

Quote:
I have now had the nationite nanite n2 for some time and i want to share my review of it.

Packaging: There isn't that much to say about the packaging as its very simple, not flashy or complicated, its there to protect the player and nothing more.

Accessories: Again nothing to say much here as the only included accessory was the usb cable there wan't even a manual but i have found this very useful.

How it looks: The N2 is very nice, i get my friends always asking me to show them the n2 but most are always suprised that i went and bought a old mp3 player when i could have got a ipod nano, it takes me a little to explain that the sound is much better but sometimes i just let them listen to my headphones and they understand why i use the n2.

Sound: This is so far the best sounding mp3 player i have had, i compared it to my zune and the sound from my zune just didn't sparkle in comparison. Everything on the N2 sounds much more realistic and lively, going back to zune the same songs sounded dead and lacking much of the small detail i could hear from the n2. I have been using a pair of srh240, not the best but its what i can afford right now, i am thinking of upgrading so that i can get more out of the n2 with a pair of better quality headphones, any suggestions would be welcome.

I swtich between using bbe and no eq, some songs sound really good with bbe when others sound awful, so i constantly do a a/b between songs to see if bbe or no bbe would be better for each song, i hoped it wouldn't become a habit but my curiosity always makes me check to see if i would like the song with or without bbe. I only use the normal bbe setting there are quite a few more with the player, but i think i would turn in to a manic if i tried to see which eq setting was better for every song!

I am quite happy with the sound.

Things i don't like: No id3 tag reading is a bummer, no sd card integration and sometimes you need to remove and put back the sd card for the card to be read (quite annoying sometimes).

I haven't tried the other things on the player, i may give radio a shot soon but i don't see myself using the ebook reader.

Overall i like my n2 its become my primary player and my zune is sitting on my table doing nothing.

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #41 of 48
The only other players that i have had are a ipod nano 3rd gen, which fell in water and died on me, so i can't compare and Philips mp3 player which i owned a few years ago that i used a lot. I used to think the zune trumped all the other mp3 players i had which was one reason why i didn't go back for a ipod. I remember the ipod being even less lively than my zune and i have lent the n2 to a few friends to use and they say it sounds nicer than what they hear from their iphones. I am not much of a expert when it comes to doing more of a detailed comparison to other players, this is my first go at trying to review a product.

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #43 of 48
@phouuiwr thanks for your review of our Nationite N2, i have become one of those people who do not use BBE anymore i just prefer the natural sound of the player but it could also be that with the Brainwavz B2 the N2 doesn't need any eq enhancements.

@nonsupremous did the 3rd gen ipods have cirrus logic or wolfson dac's (or something totally else)?

Mar 15, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #44 of 48

I'm pretty sure the woflson was used in that model, but I can't be sure about that.  Given the power and sound of that ipod, I would think it was a wolfson.
Quote:
@phouuiwr thanks for your review of our Nationite N2, i have become one of those people who do not use BBE anymore i just prefer the natural sound of the player but it could also be that with the Brainwavz B2 the N2 doesn't need any eq enhancements.

@nonsupremous did the 3rd gen ipods have cirrus logic or wolfson dac's (or something totally else)?

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #45 of 48
This is a pretty durable little player, i went jogging today, my hands were pretty sweaty when i took out the N2 to change songs it then flew out of my hands and smacked hard against the concrete pavement. When i picked it up the n2 was not on, i thought for sure it was dead but it did turn on. The only thing that is wrong with it is a small crack on the upper right hand corner and a few scratches on the surface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back