Nashville Mini-Meet Impressions -- Nov 3, 2018
Dec 6, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #76 of 142
Ok so at our Christmas party I shared angels envy’s regular bourbon w several and they were very impressed m. So today I was talking w one of our doc’s and told him I found cask strength and bought it and they actually had another one, he is a bourbon drinker and asked me to get it for him. So I did and I bought one glencairn glass while I was there.

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #77 of 142
Awesome.

Dec 7, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #78 of 142
Ok so at our Christmas party I shared angels envy’s regular bourbon w several and they were very impressed m. So today I was talking w one of our doc’s and told him I found cask strength and bought it and they actually had another one, he is a bourbon drinker and asked me to get it for him. So I did and I bought one glencairn glass while I was there.

That is a cool story ... Angel's Envy is the hit of the party.

Here's another one - our local shop treated us to Pappy Van Winkle 20-year!
By "treated" I mean they made it available for us to purchase for $200.
That's a steal, check out what it goes for on the open market!
That's our agreement, that we won't re-sell it, just enjoy it. No problem!!

Dec 7, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #79 of 142
That is awesome about Pappy, so have you tasted it yet. I used to have a liquor store, Red Dog, but out here in Smithville, understandable is more of a mediocre store, though they tend to carry Weller which is harder to find.

Dec 7, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #80 of 142
Yeah, Weller is very good, they had promised George T. Stagg, which I had one year and it's great.

I've had the Pappy 15-yr and 20-yr in the past, both are uber-fine.
I'm saving this one for Christmas. My son-in-law told us he could get it from his contact, nope!
So a real bottle to sample will be a treat!

Dec 7, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #82 of 142
When we lived in Cincinnati, around 15 years ago, we found The Party Source in Newport, KY. Just across the river.
It's a mega store ... every kind of booze and imported beer you can imagine.
I remember seeing Pappy Van Winkle on the shelves, going for around $60 or $90.
I want to say the 15-year was $60.
Unfortunately, I didn't realize what it was back then ... it's become more rare with time.

Dec 7, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #83 of 142
So this happened today, it really opened up the view quite a bit more.

_MG_6352.jpg _MG_6397.jpg

Dec 7, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #84 of 142
Whoa! Is that you cutting, or were you directing traffic from the deck :)

Dec 7, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #85 of 142
I'm not brave/energetic enough to go down there and cut, 10-20 years ago I probably would have tried to do it myself.
I sat in my office most of today, besides the few times i went out on the deck to take a couple pictures and watch the transformation.

Dec 7, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #86 of 142
HA got it. Ya old geezer, welcome to the Team.
I hope they were wearing football cleats on the hillside!
Are you happy with the view?

Dec 7, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #87 of 142
I'm happy with the view now, much better than it was. As for cleats, i think they were just wearing boots, yes they had ropes and due to the steepness of the hill they said that they would never do more than half a day at a time on this hill. I am about 300 feet above the water.

I actually bought a set of cleats to walk around the house myself for some minor trimming and spraying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back