Nashville Mini-Meet Impressions -- Nov 3, 2018
Dec 10, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #92 of 142
I was thinking more about the recipe, and the scotch may just offset the sweetness of the maple syrup in an interesting way.

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #93 of 142
Ok so last night I wasn’t tired or was overtired when I needed to get some sleep
So I had recently purchased a small bottle of buffalo trace because I had not tried it
So I may be developing taste/smell;
Nose; nice a little woodsy nothing special
Taste; nice plain but good
Finish; cardboard, I don’t mean that bad, I kinda like the smell of cardboard but it didn’t finish with white oak or floral or...I got cardboard
Let me know what y’all think
I’m trying to develop taste!!?!

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #94 of 142
Randy,
I'm not the person to ask about tasting notes, I've tried tasting and looking at experts tasting notes and not identifying at least most of the flavors, my tasting notes are mostly limited to do i enjoy it or not. I came from extensive Beer tastings, cardboard in beer tasting is an off-flavor due to oxidation, possibly the same cause in Whiskey.

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #95 of 142
I'm not an expert either, by no means, but I suspect a lot of the aromas and tasting notes come from the barrels.
I remember having some bourbon that was finished in wine or rum barrels that had very interesting tastes.
Sometimes too sweet or fruity, but quite different ... nice.
Can't remember notes of cardboard, however.

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #96 of 142
Ok recently I was able to fly a friend of mines pretty elaborate flight simulator afterwards came home and looked at setting up my own.
Virtual reality was the best way for me to do it, so I got oculus rift and flight sim is xplane11; holy cow this is amazing and the free games that came w oculus rift are amazing too.
I’ve bought one game for it so far and plan on a couple more.
It has ping pong that feels very close to real and you play against computer or other people. When playing other people you can talk to and hear them. I’ve played poker on it. It’s great!!!

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #97 of 142
VR sounds fun. I feel like i need to try it now.

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #98 of 142
It is simply amazing!!!!
The games are great
Flying planes feels so real (and is safe)
But the socializing while playing makes it better than I thought it could be
You gotta try it

Dec 21, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #99 of 142
4C49D5BC-8EF7-453C-A16B-D2C53A498DE1.jpeg
The best suped up White Russian

Dec 21, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #100 of 142
I'm not much of a fan of Kaluha but I agree that the red eye eye is much better.

Dec 21, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #101 of 142
I just stumbled on
Mr stacks toasted coconut cream liquor
Holy crap this stuff is great by itself
And a great mixer
Like baileys but much better

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #103 of 142
Whoa ... much better than Baileys ... that is saying something (I like Baileys).

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #104 of 142
So I now have checked at 10 or more liquor stores in Nashville including our two biggest ones, for mr stacks toasted coconut liquor
I got it and total wine and it appears that nobody else has it
I’m getting a case or two next time I go to Knoxville
This stuff is really tasty

Feb 3, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #105 of 142
How’s everybody been doing?? I have been busy w work and getting extra health related certifications...
Anyway I tried and liked red eye rye at the get together, tonight I poured a glass and really liked it but...
So also new year’s eve I was trying to find something my daughter who doesn’t drink might like, they recommended gringerbread cream
Fastword to today my red eye was good but... added gingerbread cream...yumm!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back