Nano 6G
Dec 30, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #16 of 131

Hey Young Spade, when you wear it as a watch what do you use as the strap?

Well I have silicon bands on my right arm so I clip it on there like a waych; however I really think I am going to shell out a few bucks to turn it into a watch.

I really like the look of some of the custom watch setups coming out now.

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #17 of 131

I own that same shuffle.  That battery is on steroids!  I can litterly leave mine in a drawer for 2 months and take it out and workout for an hour and a half before the battery dies.  Stellar!

If the battery isn't your issue, then I think you will like the new nano.  It's a great little player with some very handy little features. 

Quote:
I've been wanting a 6G. The battery life is not a big concern for me. I'm actually very impressed with the batteries so far from my various models. I have a 2G shuffle that's 4(or 5??) years old and it's been through years of scorching heat,freezing cold and even got wet at the beach one time and it still goes for over 8~9 hours.

I'm looking at B&H Photo for $170 w/ free shipping.(16GB)

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #18 of 131
There are lots of watch bands coming out finally.  The apple store sells the best one i have tried so far.  It's the iwatch.  Your nano slips in from the side and the clip locks into place.  all of your buttons are exposed and easy to get to.  It's the least bulky of the ones I have tried so far, and esily the most secure.  But the one thing that puts it over the top is the headphone plug faces up your arm, not across your wrist. 

Edit:  Sorry, it's not the iwatch.  It's the iwatchz.  Guess that's important.  =)

Jan 1, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #19 of 131
With regard to battery life, has anyone tried to use the nano 6 with an amp and LOD (I am going to use it with either the slim or the P51) and turn the volume down all the way.  How long will the battery last under that scenario?  Thanks.

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #23 of 131
Well I think I'm going for it.  The battery does concern me (a lot), but maybe I will get lucky.  I went running today with my iPhone to try out Nike+ (I usually just use my shuffle) and really liked it.  iPhone is a little big for running everyday so I am hoping the 6G Nano will be a nice compromise.  

Jan 3, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #24 of 131
I think you'll really like it especially if you're using it for the Nike + feature.  Like I stated earlier it's a great little player and that nike system with that portability is hard to beat.  You'll have to share some thoughts on your battery.  Perhaps I just got one that had a weak battery to start with.  But I still use mine at least 5 days a week.  It's just not my main player, so I can live with the battery for sure.  And it's been my only gripe about it. 

Jan 3, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #25 of 131
Will I have any problems getting thru an hour plus run on the battery with the Nike+ sensor attached (I assume that will feed off the battery to a certain extent)?

It really does seem like there are some pretty freaky battery issues- although I don't believe all the negative hype.  Some guy on the Apple forums claims he gets something like 28 seconds of battery life off a full charge.

I do appreciate the comments from this thread and I must say a simple firmware update could probably solve this mess.

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #26 of 131
LOL.  28 seconds is a definite battery issue! 
No, you won't have any issues getting through an hour run with the Nike+ adapter hooked up.  You will see a bit of battery drain though.  It won't be like your ipod touch or something where you could run it for an hour and not see any movement on the bar. 
If I don't mess with mine very much I can get through an entire week of running.  Typical run for me would be between 30 and 45 minutes. 

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #27 of 131
^ Thanks, that makes me feel better.  I have no problem with that kind of battery life.  I was really impressed with the real time updates I was given on mile- speed and distance while running with my iphone using Nike+.  I def. think I will benefit from using it on my runs.

Here is the link to that 25 second battery issue...
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2704910&tstart=0

Jan 4, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #28 of 131
I don't think you need to worry the battery life.  I fully charge it up and let it sit in my work draws for over weeks while I was on vacation during xmas break.  This morning it turn it back on, it still shows over 75% and Ii have been listening it since 8:30am and still have over 50% battery life.

Jan 5, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #30 of 131
After spending last two days with the Nano 6G, I'm really impress with it.  It is about 90+% as my Nano 5G with Pico Slim.  The only thing I don't like is a slight bass roll off.

I just did a A/B comparison, add on Pico Slim, there is no comparison.  It is much more detail across the whole spectrum and wider sound stage.  The 6G is slightly better with Pico but much better by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back