Nan-6 planar headphone ?
Mar 10, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #61 of 204
Thanks buddy!

Any recommendations on how to translate?

Tried to use Google translate, but I had issues signing up on taobao, this was on the phone tough. Will try again on my computer

EDIT: Finally managed to get the shipping country right, but seems he doesn't ship to Norway...
You need to use a reshipper (like superbuy) that takes care of most of the things that you have to do.

Mar 10, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #62 of 204
Thanks buddy!

Any recommendations on how to translate?

Tried to use Google translate, but I had issues signing up on taobao, this was on the phone tough. Will try again on my computer

EDIT: Finally managed to get the shipping country right, but seems he doesn't ship to Norway...
There are a lot of shipping forwarders for Taobao, you'll have to look into what works for your region. Keep in mind it may be subject to any government restrictions on Chinese imports.

Apr 28, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #68 of 204
Wait so is this a DIY or does it come pre-assembled. Would be a nightmare for DIY cause of the language barrier
nan-6_delivery.png

It comes packed like this. There is no assembly required.

May 13, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #72 of 204
I just saw these on Taobao. They looked... darned interesting. The listing says I shouldn't blind-buy these if I don't have experience with the Susvara or the HE6 (which i don't) but I have some experience with the HD800s, the Audeze line-up and the Arya. For like 450 bucks they seem like a great pair of headphones if it sort of approaches Susvara level, what's holding it back from being a solid recommendation?

May 13, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #73 of 204
I just saw these on Taobao. They looked... darned interesting. The listing says I shouldn't blind-buy these if I don't have experience with the Susvara or the HE6 (which i don't) but I have some experience with the HD800s, the Audeze line-up and the Arya. For like 450 bucks they seem like a great pair of headphones if it sort of approaches Susvara level, what's holding it back from being a solid recommendation?
Hoi! There are a few caveats to such a headphone, one of the biggest ones is that you will need a lot of power to drive any of the above-stated headphones. On top of that, they are amp dependent and might not sound good at all on some amps, others will make them sound amazing. Then there's the fact that it is quite a hassle to purchase, ship, and import.

If you can handle those things, in theory, these headphones will be a good buy.

May 13, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #74 of 204
I can't speak for everybody, but for me it came down to the logistics of actually getting one, and the potential risks of dealing with a mostly unknown, seemingly one man operation from overseas if anything happened to them. I know Hifiman is one of the worst examples of QC, but their support is generally excellent. Another thing is that to get them to my country I would have had to use a reshipper, which tacks a premium to the final price/import taxes etc. bringing it within just $50 of what HE6SE (v1) costs in the US to begin with, directly from Hifman.

If you're in China though, and can get them close to the $450 range, it's a steal.

May 13, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #75 of 204
I can't speak for everybody, but for me it came down to the logistics of actually getting one, and the potential risks of dealing with a mostly unknown, seemingly one man operation from overseas if anything happened to them. I know Hifiman is one of the worst examples of QC, but their support is generally excellent. Another thing is that to get them to my country I would have had to use a reshipper, which tacks a premium to the final price/import taxes etc. bringing it within just $50 of what HE6SE (v1) costs in the US to begin with, directly from Hifman.

If you're in China though, and can get them close to the $450 range, it's a steal.
I'm not in China myself at the moment but I have some friends and trade partners there. Paying, delivering and then shipping isn't really an issue and I don't have to deal with Superbuy-like intermediaries. The lack of QC of course isn't optimal but it is technically possible for me to return them there should anything happen. The HE6se isn't available here but in China actually is available second hand for about $150 more as well.

Hoi! There are a few caveats to such a headphone, one of the biggest ones is that you will need a lot of power to drive any of the above-stated headphones. On top of that, they are amp dependent and might not sound good at all on some amps, others will make them sound amazing. Then there's the fact that it is quite a hassle to purchase, ship, and import.

If you can handle those things, in theory, these headphones will be a good buy.
Hoi. Right now my amp situation is slightly dicey but that's mainly as I don't want to invest too much into an amp until I can get my hands on the WA7 Fireflies v3. Not sure how much these will react to a tube amp but if it's anything like the HD800s then it'll sing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back