NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions
Jul 28, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #1,471 of 1,623
Heads up, everyone.

If you're using the NAD USB driver for Windows, do not update the OS to Windows 10.  Please read response below:

Jackie (NAD Electronics)

Jul 28, 17:55

Hello _______,

Thank you for contacting the NAD Electronics Support Centre regarding your NAD M51 and Windows 10. Please be advised that at the present time the drivers are not compatible.

We hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Jackie 

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #1,472 of 1,623
  Heads up, everyone.

If you're using the NAD USB driver for Windows, do not update the OS to Windows 10.  Please read response below:

Jackie (NAD Electronics)
Hello _______,

Thank you for contacting the NAD Electronics Support Centre regarding your NAD M51 and Windows 10. Please be advised that at the present time the drivers are not compatible.

Kind regards,
Jackie 

Wrong!
just updated to win 10 and the NAD M51 USB drive worked right away. no problems what so ever.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #1,473 of 1,623
Just finished installing Windows 10, and yes, the driver can be installed using compatibility mode.  Thanks :)

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #1,474 of 1,623
  Wrong!
just updated to win 10 and the NAD M51 USB drive worked right away. no problems what so ever.

Confirmed...the NAD rep is wrong.  Install using compatibility mode. 

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #1,476 of 1,623
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg
  Heads up, everyone.

Jackie (NAD Electronics)

Hello _______,

Kind regards,
Jackie 

Wow! Excellent! Good to know!

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #1,477 of 1,623
Wow! Excellent! Good to know!
if you are running the 32 bit version of Windows 8.1 it will give an error message, but will allow you to install in compatibility mode. I should know, because I upgraded to 10. I'm using a CAPS V.3 carbon

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #1,478 of 1,623
As an alternative to connecting a PC to the M51 via USB, there is the possibility to connect a Miracast adapter to the HDMI1 or 2 input and then connect the PC (or any Smarphone that supports Micracast for that matter) wirelessly. Disadvantage might be that one has lower sampling rates (My Galaxy S6 connects @48k) but the advantage is that you have a stable wireless HDMI connection that anyone can use without having to install any drivers :)

Sep 3, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #1,480 of 1,623
  As an alternative to connecting a PC to the M51 via USB, there is the possibility to connect a Miracast adapter to the HDMI1 or 2 input and then connect the PC (or any Smarphone that supports Micracast for that matter) wirelessly. Disadvantage might be that one has lower sampling rates (My Galaxy S6 connects @48k) but the advantage is that you have a stable wireless HDMI connection that anyone can use without having to install any drivers :)

That is interesting, good tip for sure.

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #1,483 of 1,623
  Heads up, everyone.
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg

Jackie (NAD Electronics)

Hello _______,

Kind regards,
Jackie 

Thanks, I really thought I ****ed up on that one

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #1,484 of 1,623
  Thanks, I really thought I ****ed up on that one

A very reasonable little device to consider is the Melodius MX-U8 SPDIF converter. I'm not sure if I could claim it makes an improvement in sound quality, but many highly experienced users feel it does. The driver for the MX-U8 works under Windows 10 without an issue. I now take the USB out from the computer to the MX-U8 then use an AES cable to the M51. Very affordable combination and at least it is Win 10 able. I'm sure in a few weeks NAD will provide an updated driver anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back