NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions
Feb 17, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #680 of 1,623
If any of the UK guys would like to hear this, I'll probably be taking it to the London meet on April 27th, although as it's part of my speaker rig I need to find someone with a laptop to make a set up out of it.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #686 of 1,623
Somewhat OT, but for anyone that ordered this over the 'net rather than from a dealer, did it come double-boxed or was it just in the NAD box? I'm having to ship my unit, and while the standard packaging seems solid I'm wondering whether double-boxing would be worthwhile. The main problem being I don't have a box large enough to be the outer box.....

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #687 of 1,623
the NAD box ix HUGE. double-boxing would make it a size of a small fridge.
i wouldn't worry about the DAC falling from any height while in the original box

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #688 of 1,623
Quote:
If any of the UK guys would like to hear this, I'll probably be taking it to the London meet on April 27th, although as it's part of my speaker rig I need to find someone with a laptop to make a set up out of it.

Am maybe not from uk..but amcoming to the london meet..am considering buying a m51 or a metrum octave ( they are workin on a usb version)..in the next months..so if u would be so kind to take urs with u so i can listen to it? I will be taking my laptop and my he500 with me....with hdmi cable. Pity i cant take my 337 with me as its to heavy...does the m51 pair well with a tube amp? Thanks for bringing the nad along if u will.

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #690 of 1,623
Quote:
Where did you get that info about the USB Octave? I've read on SNA forums they were working on a mkII with no other info...

let's hope they come up with a USB class2 device that can run directly off a Squeezebox!

As i am dutch based also i put on my talking shoes and called them..i even got their main man on the phone..i told them iwanted a octave but with usb...we talked for 15 min..he is a very passionate man bout his products and music..and he told me between the lines that they are working on an octave with usb implementation..just like their hex (he told me it will be exceptional)..he also told me..they are trying to keep the upgraded octave under 1000 euro.....it will still take at least 2 months to get it into production because of testing..but he advised me to keep an eye on their site for the coming months...and i will..thats all i know..
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back