N.O.S. AKG K340 unboxing - lots of PICTURES
Jun 14, 2010 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

rhythmdevils

Member of the Trade: rhythmdevils audio
Just got these in the mail today.  Supposedly, they were never even taken out of the box (except by the seller to make sure they still worked before selling them).  Couldn't resist
very_evil_smiley.gif
  I wonder what made the big hole in the box.  Too bad because the headphone box isn't mint anymore.  But it didn't hurt the phones, they seem nearly perfect.  And they sound that way too!  I've never liked the K340's I have heard before.  It's like Stax and Sennheiser had a baby. 

Jun 15, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 95
WOW
What a fantastic find.

I envy you 
devil_face.gif

And some beautiful pics, I should add

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #14 of 95
beerchug.gif

Jun 15, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #15 of 95
Thanks everyone!  I can always count on you guys to enjoy the headphone pron!  I think I'm going to be making lots more headphone pictures to share with you all, gives me a good reason to have some fun with it.

I will add more impressions as I listen to them more, but last night I was honestly blown away.  I thought I would wind up selling these, but I can say now that aint gonna happen. 
biggrin.gif
  I couldn't stop listening to music, and had to pry them off my head.  I was listening to Miles Davis- A Tribute to Jack Johnson last night and it was just sizzling with electric energy, I could hear all the sharp crunch of the guitar's upper range but also the smooth richness of the lower midrange of the guitar- something headphones rarely communicate well in my experience.  Imaging is really sharp too.  There were a couple things that didn't sound quite right in the upper midrange and lower treble, but then I seemed to get used to it or settle into it, so I'll have to see where that goes.  That's it for now, going to do more listening before I say too much. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back