N.O.S. AKG K340 unboxing - lots of PICTURES
Aug 11, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #61 of 95
Nice one Prog Rock!  Why didn't my pair have plastic pad covers?
tongue.gif
  Do let us know how you like them!  I really don't think I have enough amp for these bad boys.  Can't wait to plug them into something fierce at the next bay area meet...

Aug 11, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #62 of 95

Quote:
Nice one Prog Rock!  Why didn't my pair have plastic pad covers?
tongue.gif
  Do let us know how you like them!  I really don't think I have enough amp for these bad boys.  Can't wait to plug them into something fierce at the next bay area meet...

I'll bring my K340!  We can do comparisons.

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
Aug 12, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #64 of 95
Thanks guys! The sound is superb, but I have not had enough time with them to really get used to them. My X-CANV8P has oodles or power, but I have yet to find a sweet spot with the volume control. Since they leak a lot of sound I am restricted as to when I can really let them loose. As soon as the volume control gets to 12 o'clock the family complain!

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #66 of 95
I listen in the living room, in competition with the TV and kids playing.

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #67 of 95
That really sucks...

I would have a very hard time listening to music in that kind of environment. But beggars can't be choosers. Makes me feel very fortunate to at least have enough privacy to listen to music in some kind of privacy.

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #68 of 95
I am not a beggar, I chose to set up my system in the livingroom so I would be able to be with the family as opposed to disappearing off to a spare room. I understand that would not be everyone's choice, but it is mine
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 12, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #70 of 95

Quote:
I am not a beggar, I chose to set up my system in the livingroom so I would be able to be with the family as opposed to disappearing off to a spare room. I understand that would not be everyone's choice, but it is mine
bigsmile_face.gif

Good for you. I have mine setup in the Family room. So at night TV always going and younger daughters still watching the TV. Plus I get to play with the PC also. My 2 channel rig is another room.

Aug 12, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #71 of 95
Much of my headphone listening is done in my family room as well. At least I am near the kids when they are playing video games...

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #73 of 95

Quote:
I heard that every time an audiophile dies, a NOS K340 is born.

Also, fantastic pictures, OP! Looked like manufacturer stock photos.

That is a slightly disturbing thought Landis
bigsmile_face.gif
I agree about the photos, mine are rubbish!

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #75 of 95
I have had a proper chance to listen to these and get used to the sound. What to me is most striking is the detail and scale. Each instrument stands out from the other as if there is a lot of space around them. I like to follow different parts of a track each time I listen, so that suits me. I also find that the bass, whilst still light like the K702s, can actually create a sense of movement where I would say I can actually feel the diaphram or whatever it is called move. Echos last longer as well, creating a very fat, lush, but not boomy or dull sound.

I still get little crackles unfortunately. Does that mean they are sadly on their way out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back