Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC/Preamp/Amplifier Thread
Jun 5, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #91 of 351
Has anyone tried to decode a DSD signal from a SACD player/transport?  I have the Oppo DV-981HD, but the DSD (or converted PCM?) signal is only available thru HDMI.  Any work around this?  Thanks for any info...     
SACD's are copy protected. Even with HDMI, its only those devices that allow SACD. Not all HDMI devices accepts SACD. Some companies like Accuphase have proprietary protocols running over their HS-Link RJ45 between their SACD transports & digital source/processor.

In short, no you cannot stream from an SACD player to a DSD-enabled DAC.

P.S. some SACD players support iLink (Sony's FireWire). I doubt if it'll work but wonder if such a SACD player be hooked up to the Mytek via FireWire instead.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #92 of 351
Quote:
SACD's are copy protected. Even with HDMI, its only those devices that allow SACD. Not all HDMI devices accepts SACD. Some companies like Accuphase have proprietary protocols running over their HS-Link RJ45 between their SACD transports & digital source/processor.

In short, no you cannot stream from an SACD player to a DSD-enabled DAC.

P.S. some SACD players support iLink (Sony's FireWire). I doubt if it'll work but wonder if such a SACD player be hooked up to the Mytek via FireWire instead.

Thanks many, bummer...I wasn't aware of this complication.  I thought about the SACD player/transport since I still have problems of setting up Foobar 2000 for DSD output.    

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #93 of 351
I don't own the Mytek 192 DSD yet. I do have a Woo WA22 balanced that I currently use with my Sennheiser HD800s. I plan to use the Mytek XLR balanced output to WA22 balanced input. The question that I would like to ask is if anyone has tried the Mytek XLR analog outputs direct to HD800s? or must I use the RCA headphone jack if not connected to my WA22?
TIA
John

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #94 of 351
Never mind, problem solved.  Need to run [size=inherit]ASIOProxyInstall.exe [/size]first 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having a problem of setting up the Mytek asio for foobar 2000:

Installed:

foobar2000 v1.2.8
foo_out_asio 2.1.2
foo_input_sacd 0.6.4
foo_out_wasapi 3.2.3
Win8

Under ASIO drivers list, I can't see "foo_dsd_asio" as in the manual (saw "ASIO for C-Media USB Device" and "Mytek STEREO 192-DSD DAC ASIO" listed only).  Any thought?  Try to google around, but nothing came up.  Thanks for any tip! 

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #97 of 351
Ok, 
I am. 
I'm on a Mac (which usually makes life a lot simpler). The file will play for about 1 minute then a horrid distorted sound occurs. The output on Audirvana says 176.4 as does the display on the Mytek instead of DSD128. 

I was at the Chicago Head-Fi meet and there were several other people there with Mytek DAC's. 
I checked one of the other guys system that was also running a Mac with Audirvana and when he selected a DSD128 file his played and displayed properly as DSD128.

I have the latest software version of Audirvana and have tried the latest beta firmware for the Mytek as well as the current stable version.

Have not gotten a lot of answers out of Mytek so far.  

Any ideas?

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #98 of 351
Quote:
Ok, 
I am. 
I'm on a Mac (which usually makes life a lot simpler). The file will play for about 1 minute then a horrid distorted sound occurs. The output on Audirvana says 176.4 as does the display on the Mytek instead of DSD128. 

I was at the Chicago Head-Fi meet and there were several other people there with Mytek DAC's. 
I checked one of the other guys system that was also running a Mac with Audirvana and when he selected a DSD128 file his played and displayed properly as DSD128.

I have the latest software version of Audirvana and have tried the latest beta firmware for the Mytek as well as the current stable version.

Any ideas?

I know that Mytek has released a new firmware version, did you try upgrading to that? Are you connecting by FW?

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #99 of 351
Quote:

I know that Mytek has released a new firmware version, did you try upgrading to that? Are you connecting by FW?

Yes, I can be connected by FireWire or USB 2. 
The "newest" firmware is still Beta, but as I said I tried both. Matter of fact the Beta was worse and wouldn't let standard DSD (64) play. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #100 of 351
Quote:
Yes, I can be connected by FireWire or USB 2. 
The "newest" firmware is still Beta, but as I said I tried both. Matter of fact the Beta was worse and wouldn't let standard DSD (64) play. 

Very strange. I am currently on Windows and have absolutely no experience with Mac. Perhaps you should look into the huge thread at computeraudiphile.com for the Mytek as I know there are numerous Mac users over there.

Jul 6, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #101 of 351
We got it working...
Chebon from Mytek gave me a call and here's what we did:

Use Firewire, it don't work with USB yet.  

Uncheck the use stereo only box in the Audirvana preferences
Increase the memory allotment in Audirvana to 4096 MB
Change the operation mode to normal in the fire wire control panel

That did the trick. 
It still sputters sometimes on 128 DSD but gets going after a moment. Hitting the stop button on the Audirvana then starting a track over helps too. Not bad considering my Mac is from 08 and maxes out at 6 GB of RAM. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #102 of 351
Quote:
Ok, 
I am. 

Any ideas?

omg i was there too and yeah, like everyone had mytek dac's, now i want one 
confused_face.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #104 of 351
just got a mytek!! its sooo good!!!! a little bright though, how long till it burns in?

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #105 of 351

Users who are viewing this thread

Back