Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Apr 22, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #572 of 818
Seems they just released an update to Brooklyn Amp to +. Can upgrade for $500. https://mytekdigital.com/hifi/products/brooklyn_amp+/
Please contact them first . They may not be doing any upgrades for a while. Or handling support tickets for that matter. I opened a ticket back in the beginning of April. All I heard was "transferring to Brooklyn office", that is it. I don't blame them one bit. In times like this many gear makers halted sales, not even repairs/upgrades, and sales is their lifeline (wireWorld, for instance, refused to sell me a power cable).
I wanted them all to be well and healthy only then address my stupid ticket. The warranty expired since then , that bothers me for sure, but once again all these audiophile trinkets are nothing compared to a person's health. Be well , everyone. The rest will wait.

Apr 22, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #573 of 818
Class D amplification..... an audition must be required to jump....

I admire your restraintful comment! Mine would have been less cicumspect. :D

May 17, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #575 of 818
I just installed the latest Brooklyn DAC+ firmware (v.128 - 2020-04-29) and now it cannot enter/exit into/from standby with the remote as it was able to do before.

Anyone with the same problem?

Thanks!

May 17, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #576 of 818
I just installed the latest Brooklyn DAC+ firmware (v.128 - 2020-04-29) and now it cannot enter/exit into/from standby with the remote as it was able to do before.

Anyone with the same problem?

Thanks!

whenever you update firmware and do the reset to complete the firmware upgrade you have to set the type of remote and remote code from the front panel to get it to work again. If you’ve already done that, then idk.

Last edited:
May 17, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #577 of 818
whenever you update firmware and do the reset to complete the firmware upgrade you have to set the type of remote and remote code from the front panel to get it to work again. If you’ve already done that, then idk.

Thanks. I did the factory reset but the problem remains.
Do you have v1.28 installed?

May 17, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #579 of 818
Thanks. I did the factory reset but the problem remains.
Do you have v1.28 installed?
And just to be 100% sure we’re on the same page. After resetting the unit, you went to remote type and clicked to Apple and then put the code (I Think it is 143) in the remote code box? You can do that by clicking the remote after you set it to Apple if you highlight the remote code number box.

May 17, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #580 of 818
And just to be 100% sure we’re on the same page. After resetting the unit, you went to remote type and clicked to Apple and then put the code (I Think it is 143) in the remote code box? You can do that by clicking the remote after you set it to Apple if you highlight the remote code number box.

Thanks. I found the "problem". Not really a problem but a feature.
They increased the time you need to press the button to go/exit from standby, probably to avoid accidental presses.
It was better if they mentioned it in the release notes. But anyway, I think it is a good feature.

Jul 14, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #584 of 818
Is there anyone here who has used the MM phono preamp on the DAC+ and later upgraded to a standalone phono preamp? Any comments on the “goodness” of the built-in MM preamp?

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #585 of 818
I have not used it but especially for MM I don't think a standalone preamp is going to sound appreciably better. For MC the preamp will probably matter more.

If you spend a few thousand on a turntable and cartridge the Mytek will probably be perfectly fine. If you spend tens of thousands then you may as well go whole hog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back