Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Sep 4, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #601 of 807
I recommend avoiding Roon. So there are several viewpoints on that :wink:

@gimmeheadroom I am also not a roon fan, my favorite is Audirvana but YMMV. Maybe if I pull a trigger on Mytek Brooklyn Bridge I will be somehow forced to use it if mconnect will not meet my needs. Hopefully I will be able to avoid roon to use streaming features. However @boxster233 thank you for feedback - could you elaborate a bit more please on why you recommend roon with Mytek bridge?

Sep 4, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #602 of 807
@gimmeheadroom I am also not a roon fan, my favorite is Audirvana but YMMV. Maybe if I pull a trigger on Mytek Brooklyn Bridge I will be somehow forced to use it if mconnect will not meet my needs. Hopefully I will be able to avoid roon to use streaming features. However @boxster233 thank you for feedback - could you elaborate a bit more please on why you recommend roon with Mytek bridge?
The Roon app is a richer experience than MConnect. I like the Audeze presets. I can play Tidal and non-Tidal music from same app. I can see the MQA process within the app. Roon has lyrics.
I avoided Roon for first six months with my Bridge. I signed up for a trial and I can’t imagine going without it now.

Sep 4, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #604 of 807
FWIW, I use a Bluesound Node 2i as my streamer, connected via SPDIF co-ax to the Mytek. The Bluesound app is good enough that I don't feel a need to upgrade to Roon.

I have the node 2i and I agree it's excellent including the software. I don't use mine into my Brooklyn though.

Sep 14, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #605 of 807
The Roon app is a richer experience than MConnect. I like the Audeze presets. I can play Tidal and non-Tidal music from same app. I can see the MQA process within the app. Roon has lyrics.
I avoided Roon for first six months with my Bridge. I signed up for a trial and I can’t imagine going without it now.
@boxster233 thank you for sharing your Roon/Mytek experience. Currently my idea for Mytek Bridge is to build a second place for music listening, one to be as much simple and autonomous as possible. Roon requires core which means adding another piece of equipment which in turn breaks my concept based on simplicity. However take a look at the end of this interesting interview with Mytek founder Mr Michal Jurewicz:

In last 10-15 minutes a new Mytek device is being discussed and demonstrated a bit, including Roon on-board however the price range may be a problem for many and it is not a direct Brooklyn Bridge competitor.

Oct 3, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #606 of 807
Having spent some time with Mytek Brooklyn Bridge I must say that while I like its headphone amp section it definitively is lacking even with simple LCD-1. Connecting micro iCAN SE as an experiment gave already interesting results so my question is can you guys share your experience with pairing headamps with Brooklyn? I've heard some positive yet very limited in description impression regarding Headamp GS-X mini. I am also wondering about Pro iCan but first I will check Brooklny with iTube2 added to get a rough idea how such pair may sound. I am looking for an amp with similar size to Brooklyn and GS-X mini does not come close in this aspect.

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #607 of 807
I run mine into a V280 and I have a Valhalla 2 running off the V280's buffers for times when I want some OTL action

Oct 5, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #608 of 807
I run mine into a V280 and I have a Valhalla 2 running off the V280's buffers for times when I want some OTL action

Thank you for your input @gimmeheadroom :)

Unfortunately I've checked and none of above is available for listening session at my location. In case of Schiit this is not a big surprise considering their distributors policy. Looking at Valhalla price tag I could pull a trigger on it without worrying much about loosing money if I would not like it. However I think I will not want to add tubes to Mytek since I already have tubes in my other setup. With Mytek I would prefer to keep detailed and clean sound even for a price of some tube magical signature gone. What I like about iCAN SE is that it basically adds no coloration. The "perfect amp" I am looking for would be one that retains as much of original Mytek sound as possible. Looking further for an compact size amp. Any more ideas?

Oct 6, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #609 of 807
Thank you for your input @gimmeheadroom :)

Unfortunately I've checked and none of above is available for listening session at my location. In case of Schiit this is not a big surprise considering their distributors policy. Looking at Valhalla price tag I could pull a trigger on it without worrying much about loosing money if I would not like it. However I think I will not want to add tubes to Mytek since I already have tubes in my other setup. With Mytek I would prefer to keep detailed and clean sound even for a price of some tube magical signature gone. What I like about iCAN SE is that it basically adds no coloration. The "perfect amp" I am looking for would be one that retains as much of original Mytek sound as possible. Looking further for an compact size amp. Any more ideas?
I don't particularly recommend the Valhalla 2 and especially not schiit products, just an example of what I have in my Sennheiser chain. Eventually I'll get something like a WA2.

For solid state amps it's difficult to beat Violectric. They are made in Germany, how is it possible that it could be difficult to obtain them in Poland?

I prefer the V280 but the V281 appears more compact and is a bit more powerful. They also have some new and very expensive amps.

Oct 10, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #612 of 807
Oct 10, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #613 of 807
I have a love/hate relationship with Roon. I like the discover mode.
I've been using Mytek Brooklyn Bridge for couple of weeks already and honestly speaking I do not miss Roon at any time. Mconnect isn't great indeed but it works out of the box and you do not need to turn on pc for Roon core. When I am using Mytek usb input I still stick to Audirvana. No lyrics and no proper track seekbar but those are minor limitations. I never heard difference in SQ when using Roon like some people state. Maybe it depends on the setup.

Oct 12, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #615 of 807
that's alot for something that even does streaming too (to me at least)
Actually hi-fi news lists it as: The analogue headphone preamp offers a maximum 9.1V output into high impedance loads (140mW/600ohm) and a substantial 2.65W/25ohm is available for low impedance types in single-ended mode. Hum and noise is very low at –90dBV (unweighted) ensuring the most sensitive of headphones may be used.

Either way, it's solidly powerful. The only headphone that people speculate this lacks enough power for is the Susvara, but that's still debated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back