Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Apr 9, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #467 of 818
How would you describe the difference in sq between standard and balanced output?

I really only use my Brooklyn DAC+ in my 2 channel speaker setup...I rarely use headphones. My un-audiophile description of the difference would be wider, fuller, as well as louder.

Apr 11, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #470 of 818
I love the way I can use Brooklyn DAC+ with virtually any headphone :)

Planars? No worries
Mastering Headphones? Works wonders
IEMs? Sounds awesome
Custom IEMs? Even better

That being said, I did pair Adam Audio PRO SP-5 with Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ and noticed that the sound was way more layered and dynamic than with less interesting DAC/AMPs, really loving this pairing

Also using it with Kennerton Thror right now, and I'm simply blasted away by how natural and clean the pairing sounds

Adam-Audio-PRO-SP5-Studio-Monitoring-Mixing-Headphones-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-54.jpg

Apr 13, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #471 of 818
I love the way I can use Brooklyn DAC+ with virtually any headphone :)

Planars? No worries
Mastering Headphones? Works wonders
IEMs? Sounds awesome
Custom IEMs? Even better

That being said, I did pair Adam Audio PRO SP-5 with Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ and noticed that the sound was way more layered and dynamic than with less interesting DAC/AMPs, really loving this pairing

Also using it with Kennerton Thror right now, and I'm simply blasted away by how natural and clean the pairing sounds

Adam-Audio-PRO-SP5-Studio-Monitoring-Mixing-Headphones-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-54.jpg

don't mind could you share a direct comparison between the Brooklyn DAC+ with the Hugo 2?

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #473 of 818
don't mind could you share a direct comparison between the Brooklyn DAC+ with the Hugo 2?

I've had both. The Hugo 2 is an impressive portable device. Plugged into my Macbook Pro, music sung in a laid back way but conveyed great detail and clarity throughout the range. I did find the amp lacking though and nothing to write home about. The Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ was a revelation for me in comparison. Great detail - maybe more forward in its presentation but dynamics were definitely improved. There was more transparency and separation I thought and there definitely sounded like there was more power and sparkle. My Focal Clears pair much better with the Mytek than the Hugo 2.

Apr 19, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #475 of 818
I've had both. The Hugo 2 is an impressive portable device. Plugged into my Macbook Pro, music sung in a laid back way but conveyed great detail and clarity throughout the range. I did find the amp lacking though and nothing to write home about. The Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ was a revelation for me in comparison. Great detail - maybe more forward in its presentation but dynamics were definitely improved. There was more transparency and separation I thought and there definitely sounded like there was more power and sparkle. My Focal Clears pair much better with the Mytek than the Hugo 2.

worthy contender then to the RME AD-2 DAC i presume ^

Apr 27, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #477 of 818
can i ask bout the brooklyn power amp, i see its class D what are the impression of it

Apr 27, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #478 of 818
I think that most people find Brooklyn DAC+ above Adi-2 DAC :)

Not me. I have both.

Versatility goes to Mytek. RME does a better in upper treble response (tad less glare). They are both amazing and I am keeping both but if I only had digital sources I’d exclusively use the RME.

Apr 27, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #479 of 818
Not me. I have both.

Versatility goes to Mytek. RME does a better in upper treble response (tad less glare). They are both amazing and I am keeping both but if I only had digital sources I’d exclusively use the RME.

Same here, used them both when I still had the LCD-X and the RME was cleaner and more detailed, but the Brooklyn had a really nice warmth and richness to it, slightly more depth as well. Can't go wrong with either honestly.

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #480 of 818
can i ask bout the brooklyn power amp, i see its class D what are the impression of it

I recently picked up the Brooklyn amp and tended to ignore the classification and look more at the specs and reviews. While everything in my setup is recent and still burning in etc. the amp sounded quite nice and clear both bi-amped to a Marantz 7012 AVR in my HT setup and with the Brooklyn DAC+ in the 2-channel setup. Both driving a pair of MartinLogan Motion 60XT's. Since the ML's are 4ohm they definitely benefited from the extra power. It hasn't been running too hot either like some Class D components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back