Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Dec 23, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #647 of 818
HI everyone, does anyone know at which frequency Mytek Brooklyn World Clock In sync with? I have purchased a CD transport that has clock out and supports clock frequencies input of 45.1584MHz or 22.5774Mhz.

Dec 23, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #648 of 818
I don't see any specification in the manual. You should contact Mytek.

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #650 of 818
The guys at Mytek in Poland have been pretty responsive. Don't know where you're located but if in Europe, contact the Polish office rather than NY. But I guess expect a delay during this time of year, crisis etc.

Jan 24, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #652 of 818
After adding amp to my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge setup and listening to it for couple of weeks I have switched to Brooklyn headphone amp section earlier today and I can only now fully appreciate it: how great and clean it is. It is good to sometimes take a step back to fully appreciate all the things you have :) Congrats to Mytek for creating such a great headphone amp section.

Jan 24, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #653 of 818
After adding amp to my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge setup and listening to it for couple of weeks I have switched to Brooklyn headphone amp section earlier today and I can only now fully appreciate it: how great and clean it is. It is good to sometimes take a step back to fully appreciate all the things you have :) Congrats to Mytek for creating such a great headphone amp section.
Did you get the amp for headphones?

Jan 24, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #654 of 818
Audirvana is an excellent piece of software. I no longer use Mytek Liberty or Brooklyn. The DAC presentation was on the lean side even with my custom cables and Astron Linear power supply.

I will say that in my 2 channel setup my observation has been that Jitter is still an issue with many products. I now use the Mutec MC-3+ master clock USB. Using a high quality coax and using an re-clocked digital signal the sound quality is a massive change to an analog character. Mutec also galvanically isolates so this reduces EMI.

I no longer have concerns of SQ with 24/192. I find that sonically I have incredible amounts of detail and musicality. MQA hardware is not a requirement or desire whatsoever.

I have ventured deep into the quality of source. I'm now into Silent Angel trifecta (2 x Bonn N8 audio grade ethernet switch/ F1 linear power supply) and also put serious emphasis on removing most of the jitter with ultra low Jitter and re-clocked signal from my Mutec usb to spdif converter. I do wonder how my old Mytek gear would have sounded with this new "source" feed. Of all of my DDC convertors the Mutec has been a tremendous change in analog sound. Serious drop in noise floor to silent backgrounds and then the micro/nano details pour in without an analytical sound. I have local friends using Denafrips Terminator feeding Mutec reclocked (as well as low EMI) signal to the already existing internal "treatment" with jaw dropping results.

Just mentioning stuff to people that are curious or adventurous. I will always use coax vs usb implementation.

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #657 of 818
Audirvana is an excellent piece of software.

Hard not to agree :wink: and it is very resonably priced comparing other commercial players.

I no longer use Mytek Liberty or Brooklyn. The DAC presentation was on the lean side even with my custom cables and Astron Linear power supply.

I will say that in my 2 channel setup my observation has been that Jitter is still an issue with many products. I now use the Mutec MC-3+ master clock USB. Using a high quality coax and using an re-clocked digital signal the sound quality is a massive change to an analog character. Mutec also galvanically isolates so this reduces EMI.

Sorry but I am a bit lost. Have you been using Mutec with any of Mytek DACs? I'm asking since I find MC-3+ a very interesting potential add-on. Could you shed some more light on this please?

I no longer have concerns of SQ with 24/192. I find that sonically I have incredible amounts of detail and musicality. MQA hardware is not a requirement or desire whatsoever.

Indeed. To enjoy music nobody needs MQA. Since I am using Tidal I sometimes - just for fun - do a comparison between MQA and non-MQA tracks. If the mastering is not different for MQA track I usually prefer non-MQA one. Brilliant Melody Gardot Sunset in the Blue sounds a lot better from my CD transport than from Tidal MQA version.

20210121_152733_1.jpg

Another great example is Yoshi Torikawa: https://yosihorikawa.bandcamp.com/music

There is not MQA version on Tidal and honestly speaking with proper DAC/AMP/Headphones it sounds spectacular.

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #658 of 818
Hard not to agree :wink: and it is very resonably priced comparing other commercial players.

Sorry but I am a bit lost. Have you been using Mutec with any of Mytek DACs? I'm asking since I find MC-3+ a very interesting potential add-on. Could you shed some more light on this please?

Indeed. To enjoy music nobody needs MQA. Since I am using Tidal I sometimes - just for fun - do a comparison between MQA and non-MQA tracks. If the mastering is not different for MQA track I usually prefer non-MQA one. Brilliant Melody Gardot Sunset in the Blue sounds a lot better from my CD transport than from Tidal MQA version.

20210121_152733_1.jpg

Another great example is Yoshi Torikawa: https://yosihorikawa.bandcamp.com/music

There is not MQA version on Tidal and honestly speaking with proper DAC/AMP/Headphones it sounds spectacular.

The MC-3+ USB has AES/EBU output so one option would be to run USB into the Mutec and then pipe it to the Brooklyn(s) over AES/EBU.

That said, both Mutec and Mytek claim they have the best clock. I am very sure nobody can hear the difference. But USB can be noisy and there are other benefits to the Mutec so for me it was worth buying. I haven't tried running it into my Brooklyn but MQA does work over the Mutec so it is indeed bit perfect as advertised.

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #659 of 818
Can you share impressions of ican? That’s often been on my radar
Sure, but it is quite complex relationship. I also have micro iCan SE and honestly I think I could like it more with Mytek minus channel imbalance at low volume but it requires more listening and A/B testing. In fact I plan to write a kind of review about pairing Mytek Brooklyn with iCan Pro but it may take some time. To be one the safe side here are few of my observation:
  • Mytek Brooklyn will easily and happily drive most headphones and the headphone amp section is one of the best (I have been comparing it with MHA150 and TT2 for example)
  • ifi iCan Pro is correctly called swiss army knife, it can do almost everything but not always up to the level of more expensive competitors
  • ifi iCan Pro with Tube+ can add some musically and warmth to Mytek while not trading it for sound clarity as some tube amps can offer due to distortion level
As always it all comes down to your personal preferences and headphones you have. If you like the ability to switch from SS to Tube+ mode iCan Pro is interesting proposition. However if you are looking for SS only amp the best would be to listen for. I know that after adding iCan Pro I want more so I will eventually add another amp to the setup. The only good advise I can always provide is to listen to it yourself. To make clean iCan Pro is not a bad amp, it is just Mytek offers so much that you really need an amp that excels it in some areas. The iCan Pro also has its own quirks like sound interruption when changing modes (even between Tube and Tube+) however both 3d and xbass can be a good add-on but it really depends on the particular track, so it is not like you set them up and leave forever even when using same cans all the time.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #660 of 818
The MC-3+ USB has AES/EBU output so one option would be to run USB into the Mutec and then pipe it to the Brooklyn(s) over AES/EBU.

That said, both Mutec and Mytek claim they have the best clock. I am very sure nobody can hear the difference. But USB can be noisy and there are other benefits to the Mutec so for me it was worth buying. I haven't tried running it into my Brooklyn but MQA does work over the Mutec so it is indeed bit perfect as advertised.

That is one usage scenario that came to my mind also. What other benefits are you talking about? I'm really interested in those, so I would be grateful for more details. One of the reasons I went with Mytek was the clock quality (based on advertising) but I agree that probably nobody can hear the difference.

While I don't care much about MQA unfolding in DAC I still like the idea it is really bit perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back