Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Mar 1, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #676 of 818
Thank you @gimmeheadroom. I'll try it. I'm in the process of testing Mytek Metropolis balanced adapter. Hope to share my findings soon with you guys.
I have that adapter and it's nice quality. But I don't use it. It just does not help as much as the V280 sitting next to the DAC+

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #677 of 818
Apparently there is some huge disagreement between Mytek and HEM - the most informative page on this topic currently is Mytek contact details available at: https://mytek.audio/contact

This is the reason why new products are being introduced when they are not ready yet while old ones are officially not available. While I like the idea of bigger screen I wonder how much better DAC+/Bridge must be for me to upgrade.
Thanks, I didn't see that until now. Looks like trouble in paradise. I noticed the european website URL didn't work and there was a new site. In general the Mytek website(s) are not really encouraging.

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #678 of 818
My guess is it’s hard to justify difference between the liberty and dac from a price, so they wanted a mid level streaming option. I’m excited for the bridge ii with room and hoping I can trade in my current bridge for the ii.
I don't feel that way at all. The DAC+ has a lot of connectivity that the Liberty and even RME don't have. The DAC+ has a beautiful OLED display which is better by far than Liberty and RME. And it is built very solidly with a beautifully machined case. When I pick up my RME and handle it, it feels like it should costs a few hundred dollars. When I play it of course the price becomes a bargain. But the DAC+ looks and feels like it costs.

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #679 of 818
Thanks, I didn't see that until now. Looks like trouble in paradise. I noticed the european website URL didn't work and there was a new site. In general the Mytek website(s) are not really encouraging.
Yeh they have had some dirty laundry that probably shouldn’t have been aired. I think the new direction seems like a positive step even with that.

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #680 of 818
Yeh they have had some dirty laundry that probably shouldn’t have been aired. I think the new direction seems like a positive step even with that.
To be honest I did not realize that the European site was not owned by Mytek. Since the gear is made in Poland, I would have thought Mytek owned everything end to end. So yeah I agree running it as one company is the way to go. I cannot understand why they didn't do that from day 1.

Mar 18, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #681 of 818
I'm in the process of carefully evalutating different PCM filters available in Brooklyn Bridge. I've read some interesting opionions on those but mostly for Manhattan II on the net. I have a hint that actual implementation may be the same or very similar. Anyway I am interested what others find most enjoyable filter setting for Bridge/DAC+?

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #683 of 818
Is there a way to connect apple music to the Brooklyn Bridge? I was thinking of binning off my Tidal & Spotify subscriptions - but can't seem to see how I can connect Brooklyn Bridge to Apple Music
Through usb on computer or through usb on an iPhone with camera kit.

By the way, I’m selling my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge. Only reason is because I don’t need wireless stream as much now and want to fund new headphones.

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/mytek-brooklyn-bridge-with-sbooster-and-dual-xlr-cables.7944/

Oct 31, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #684 of 818
Fellow and former Brookly Dac + owners I have a couple questions I'd like to ask of you.

1. Have any of you compared the Brooklyn to the Hugo TT2 and if so what was your opinion on the differences?

2. How do people feel about the onboard headphone amp as compared to its connection to an external amp?

3. Does the SBooster make a noticeable difference in sound quality?

Thanks
Dan

Oct 31, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #685 of 818
Fellow and former Brookly Dac + owners I have a couple questions I'd like to ask of you.

1. Have any of you compared the Brooklyn to the Hugo TT2 and if so what was your opinion on the differences?

2. How do people feel about the onboard headphone amp as compared to its connection to an external amp?

Thanks
Dan
3. I believe it was noticeable and stronger with sbooster. The headphone amp is very good. Mytek makes great all in one units.

Oct 31, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #686 of 818

Thanks
Dan
@Dan Lee I can answer first two of your three questions:

1. HTT2 is a bit more musical and maybe sometimes a bit less analytical and more airy, the sound stage is also larger. However the price difference didn't do a justification for it in my case and I went with Brooklyn Bridge - since like HTT2 it is a single box product however in case of Bridge edition there is a built in streamer too. Contrary to Chord Poly and 2Go/2You the streamer part in Bridge is working correctly without any horror stories. Overall I think Brooklyn Bridge is an awesome solution as far as single product is considered. When comparing with HTT2 do not expect night and day difference.

2. The built in head amp is really great. Again maybe it is missing something to HTT2 but this is not a night and day difference. On some even easy to drive planar magnetic headphones you may loose some of headroom: setting above -50/65db is normal, so if you like to have a lot more headroom or have some very specific, hard to drive cans you may eventually want to add external amp. However before you do checkout two things: Mytek balance cable XLR adapter (one of very few Mytek drawbacks is non standard cable) and if you like to have a bit of coloration: switching from digital to analog volumen control + playing with builtin filters (including enabling MQA filter even on non-MQA content). Another reason to add external amp maybe adding some coloration to smooth out and add a bit of warmth to Mytek sound signature. The built in head amp is dead silent even with IEMs and has really black background. Adding lower class amp maybe a disaster so just don't do it.

As far as Q3 is concerned: I have never felt the need to upgrade from stock internal PSU and stock cable. I also never had a case of "noisy" usb as some "pro" reviewers reported when they were tested some usb related gimmicks :wink: However even the official manual mentions the possible positive effect of adding external PSU. Honestly speaking I'd rather save this money for something else.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #687 of 818
I would be interested in the Brooklyn Bridge. So far, I have a Meze Emp. with 4.4mm balanced cable. What is the easiest direct connection I can get in order to further use my 4.4mm balanced cable? In the front I only see 2x 6.35mm Jack.

Dec 31, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #689 of 818
After dismissing the Headphone section since my purchase of the Brooklyn Bridge some time ago.. I am now discovering how good it actually is.
I stopped using the BB due to the harsh sound it have on my HD800, but recently obtained a LCDX 2021, my word it is a fantastic Headphone Amplifier.

I am now trying to find a good deal on the 4PIN XLR adapter thing to get balanced out. If anyone finds a good deal on those please let me know! its £180 new in the UK :frowning2:

The headphone amp blows the THX 789 out of the water on single ended, and 789 on Balanced. The THX is fed by a D1SE so not exactly an entry level DAC.
I am excited to see how the BB behaves in Balanced mode on the LCD X

Dec 31, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #690 of 818
I bought my adapter on ebay years ago. It was only $40 USD. You should check your local ebay listings, you should be able to find something. I never liked the bulk of the adapter and the XLR end of the headphone cable cluttering my desk. Eventually I found a cable maker on Etsy that terminated the headphone cable with the adapter, effectively 'baking' it into the source end.

Attachments

• 184146185_10159255044249850_550427765815092411_n.jpg
    184146185_10159255044249850_550427765815092411_n.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back