Nov 23, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #301 of 818
This is what my friends sbooster showed on the label

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-23-19-11-20.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-23-19-11-20.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 23, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #302 of 818
This is what my friends sbooster showed on the label
I have a photo of it but I have no idea how to attach the photo to The Message Board here.

Nov 23, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #304 of 818
That's too much trouble you just have to trust me that it said 24 volts on the sticker

Nov 23, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #306 of 818
I would not recommend purchasing from audio sensibility. I can see making the mistake once but twice in the same week!

Nov 27, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #309 of 818
44162557950_b9fa36cf2d_h.jpg
DSCF7835 by Alan Uyeno Photography, on Flickr

DSCF7824 by Alan Uyeno Photography, on Flickr

Center of this image is the variable resistor so I can adjust the voltage to 12 volts.

Thanks again... just got my RS-20M up and running. The pic providing the location of the voltage adjustment was very helpful. I set it to 13.2v since Mytek/Sbooster had previously said that is a good number to be at.

The PSU itself does hum a little bit, but it doesn’t seem to be an issue with the music playing at well below 80dB on my speaker system.

Edit: put the PSU behind the glass door of the cabinet that holds my turntable and CD player, can’t hear any hum now.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #310 of 818
Thanks again... just got my RS-20M up and running. The pic providing the location of the voltage adjustment was very helpful. I set it to 13.2v since Mytek/Sbooster had previously said that is a good number to be at.

The PSU itself does hum a little bit, but it doesn’t seem to be an issue with the music playing at well below 80dB on my speaker system.

Edit: put the PSU behind the glass door of the cabinet that holds my turntable and CD player, can’t hear any hum now.

You must have amazing ears!! There is an ever so slight hum but even my "quiet" ventilation fans in my cabinet are more audible to a degree.

I haven't tried but you can always play with different kinds of wires for the DC voltage feed to the DAC.

Enjoy your music!! I think the next thing to test is different usb/spdif converters.

Nov 28, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #311 of 818
You must have amazing ears!! There is an ever so slight hum but even my "quiet" ventilation fans in my cabinet are more audible to a degree.

I haven't tried but you can always play with different kinds of wires for the DC voltage feed to the DAC.

Enjoy your music!! I think the next thing to test is different usb/spdif converters.

I am definitely sensitive to all sorts of noises like that. It’s worst when it’s incredibly quiet outside, like this morning was, especially with cold and dense air. The hum does quiet way down as the PSU warms up, then the fan in my laptop is more prominent when the Astron is in the audio cabinet and there is some light ambient noise in the neighborhood.

Very happy with USB for now... maybe eventually something like a Singxer SU-1 but probably have spent enough on stereo/headphone gear for a long time.

Dec 6, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #312 of 818
Sbooster helps for sure. It’s now about 90% to the ps audio direct stream for than half the price.

Dec 6, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #315 of 818
i spent a lot of time with both the directstream jr and sr and ended up returning for several reasons. mainly ps is deceptive about its compatibility with roon and mqa and i felt like
when i uncovered that deception they tried to buy me off. secondly i should have said that the bk dac + in addition to the sotm and the sbooster is about 90% as good as the DSJR (which is really no different than the SR). however even with the used sotm, and the great deal i got on the mytek i am
still well below the asking retail price for the dsjr and about 90% there musicality wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back