Mystery Unclosed: Modern Closed Headphones Compared + Sennheiser HD598 UPDATE: PSB M4U2 Added 7/5/13
Mar 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #78 of 104
Quote:
How would you compare the AKG K267 to these?

I am so sorry! I can't help you with this. Didn't had my chance to try it. Give me sometimes, might as well try it when I have time. Hopefully a clear step-up from K167! Maybe better clarity overall? :) 

may I know what type of headphone you looking for? I might have some others to recommend to you! 

Hope this help!

Billson :)

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #79 of 104
Quote:
I am so sorry! I can't help you with this. Didn't had my chance to try it. Give me sometimes, might as well try it when I have time. Hopefully a clear step-up from K167! Maybe better clarity overall? :) 

may I know what type of headphone you looking for? I might have some others to recommend to you! 

Hope this help!

I am looking for a closed set of headphones with a neutral sound that are comfortable for long periods of time. I had the Phiaton MS400 previously but the grills pushed on my ears and it hurt after a few hours. I am looking at the Momentum, Vmoda M100 & K267. Also I will be using with the Nuforce uDAC-1 and an amp (not sure which one yet) What do you think?

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #81 of 104
Quote:
I am looking for a closed set of headphones with a neutral sound that are comfortable for long periods of time. I had the Phiaton MS400 previously but the grills pushed on my ears and it hurt after a few hours. I am looking at the Momentum, Vmoda M100 & K267. Also I will be using with the Nuforce uDAC-1 and an amp (not sure which one yet) What do you think?

The V-Moda M100 isn't neutral to my knowledge. The very best neutral headphone I like for closed, is the AKG K550. As for amp, its not easy to drive neither is it very easy to drive [lol] anyway, a very simple warmish amp would help. I tried using the iBasso D7 hybrid amp and dac, it sound excellent! 

In case you can't find the K550, I had read several review on the SoundMagic HP100 and find it sound very similar if not same to AKG K550.

I will not consider Momentum neutral too! It's bassy and warm. Just so you know, of all the three headphones you had listed, it is rather bassy or and warm. Not sure about the K267 but te K167 are far from neutral I think? Slight forwardness are there.

Hope this help!

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #82 of 104
Quote:
The V-Moda M100 isn't neutral to my knowledge. The very best neutral headphone I like for closed, is the AKG K550. As for amp, its not easy to drive neither is it very easy to drive [lol] anyway, a very simple warmish amp would help. I tried using the iBasso D7 hybrid amp and dac, it sound excellent! 

In case you can't find the K550, I had read several review on the SoundMagic HP100 and find it sound very similar if not same to AKG K550.

I will not consider Momentum neutral too! It's bassy and warm. Just so you know, of all the three headphones you had listed, it is rather bassy or and warm. Not sure about the K267 but te K167 are far from neutral I think? Slight forwardness are there.

Hope this help!

It did. Thanks. 

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #83 of 104
Very nice comparison Billson. Something that hasn't been brought up yet is whether or not you had a chance to hear the UE6000 with sound canceling turned off?

Tyll mentioned in his review that they sound more balanced and less v shaped.

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #84 of 104
Quote:
Very nice comparison Billson. Something that hasn't been brought up yet is whether or not you had a chance to hear the UE6000 with sound canceling turned off?

Tyll mentioned in his review that they sound more balanced and less v shaped.

Thanks! Glad you enjoy it! I did listen to it with NC on and off. (Did I mention in the post? Hope I didn't forgot to add in :/ will check later and will add it in if it is not). 

The surprising thing is, I can't find much differences in sound between those two mode which is little surprising (again) specially when compared to the PSB M4U2! Anyway, not much but slight differences are still there. The soundstage seems narrowed down a bit when the NC is on and yes, I do find the mids went deeper down and making the sound a bit sharper at this mode. Overall, I like it better when the NC is off. The NC does not cancel out as much noise as M4U2 thought... 

Hope this solve your doubt! 

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #85 of 104
i had nearly all the modern headphones mentioned in the thread. like, 1r, 550, m100, dt770 ae, cop, and so on. only one i did not own was the momentum. but all of them head their flaws either in sound (extremely coloured 1r) or comfort (hurting m100). right now i am really enjoying the ue6000. was not that impressed at first, and dislike the right sided cable. but they starting growing on me in passive mode. very good detail retrieval and a extremely natural timbre to my ears. only thing i am missing sometimes is some more depth in soundstage. but hey, they are comfortable like no other and still well portable thanks to folding mechanism. so i thing i found what i am looking for, but still have to check yamaha pro500 and maybe m100 again, once the xl pads will be out.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #86 of 104
Quote:
i had nearly all the modern headphones mentioned in the thread. like, 1r, 550, m100, dt770 ae, cop, and so on. only one i did not own was the momentum. but all of them head their flaws either in sound (extremely coloured 1r) or comfort (hurting m100). right now i am really enjoying the ue6000. was not that impressed at first, and dislike the right sided cable. but they starting growing on me in passive mode. very good detail retrieval and a extremely natural timbre to my ears. only thing i am missing sometimes is some more depth in soundstage. but hey, they are comfortable like no other and still well portable thanks to folding mechanism. so i thing i found what i am looking for, but still have to check yamaha pro500 and maybe m100 again, once the xl pads will be out.

Yep! The very one thing I like about the UE4K/6K/9K is their detail! Most of all, they are very forgiving too! Playing it with MP3 files, it didn't hurt my ears! 

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #87 of 104
Which one would u prefer more for basshead? The m-100 or 1r, loving the ue6000 and my ears are as big as the cup!

Apr 4, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #89 of 104
Hello!

While I do not take 1R as bass light I find it producing the right amount of bass! UE6000 bass are strong and well controlled. Very nice bass. I can't comment on the M100 as I never try it but I believe it is stronger than both the 1R and UE6000. Anywhere, I can't confirm with you. However, I like Momentum for basshead :)

Billson :D

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #90 of 104
^ I can confirm that the M100 is bass heavy, way to much for my liking and much more than the others cans mentioned. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back