Mystery Unclosed: Modern Closed Headphones Compared + Sennheiser HD598 UPDATE: PSB M4U2 Added 7/5/13
Feb 27, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #61 of 104
Quote:
Hehe. I'm hoping I shouldn't have to use it, but you never know. Knowing I really loved the Momentum's sound, what reason would you find for me to not like the 1R's?

didja end up loving the MDR-1Rs over the Momentum??????????

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #62 of 104
Quote:
Hello Billson, just a question, if i didn't like the Sennheiser Momentum because it was too unconfortable and i didn't like it's sound sig what would you recommend? (other than UE600, too expensive in Europe)

The MDR-1Rs are often compared to the Momentum, and they are supposed to be the most comfortable headphones in the world hahah (exaggeration but not by much :p). fit/comfort is very individual though.

as the other dude said AKG 550 is also another option. BIG earcups, but some ppl w/ small heads say that the fit/seal is an issue.

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #63 of 104
If you don't like the Momentum, then you might like the AKG K550. :)

Yup, these two are very much different. The Momentum is a fun, warm, and punchy headphone with small ear cups. The K550 is a detailed and analytical can with very large cups.

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #64 of 104
didja end up loving the MDR-1Rs over the Momentum??????????

I wouldn't know yet. I'm trying my damnedest to find somewhere I can demo them. Might just have to buy.

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #65 of 104
Wouldn't say the MDR-1R are the most comfortable headphone for me. The padding are excellent but my ears are touching the driver very little bit. 

Although the K550 earcups might be too big for small head, but I been seeing mods everywhere here to fix such issue. Indeed, the K550 won't dissapoint you in terms of sound quality and build quality! It is built better than ATH-M50 and a lot of headphones that I came across at that price range. Of corse, one doesn't simple compare build quality with V-Modas :wink: 

Mar 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #66 of 104
Quote:
I wouldn't know yet. I'm trying my damnedest to find somewhere I can demo them. Might just have to buy.

I got tired of trying find a place to demo the Sony MDR-1R and striking out, so I just took the chance and bought them. I did even worse than that, though. I'm in love with the silver/brown version (which isn't available here in the US) so I actually purchased from an authorized seller overseas and had them imported. There is a good return policy, but it would be quite costly which means if I don't like them, I'll just sell them locally. I'll throw out some feedback out there when I get them. 8-15 days can't pass quickly enough!

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #67 of 104
Quote:

I got tired of trying find a place to demo the Sony MDR-1R and striking out, so I just took the chance and bought them. I did even worse than that, though. I'm in love with the silver/brown version (which isn't available here in the US) so I actually purchased from an authorized seller overseas and had them imported. There is a good return policy, but it would be quite costly which means if I don't like them, I'll just sell them locally. I'll throw out some feedback out there when I get them. 8-15 days can't pass quickly enough!

Good luck and have fun! Pretty sure you will like them :wink: I like them a lot and I might as well pull the trigger but I'm looking for referense headphone and I alreadt have a Sony xD 

not saying 1R arent good for home audio but it just look wayyyyyyy to good for home use xD It deserve to see the light outside :wink: 

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #68 of 104
Quote:
Good luck and have fun! Pretty sure you will like them :wink: I like them a lot and I might as well pull the trigger but I'm looking for referense headphone and I alreadt have a Sony xD 

not saying 1R arent good for home audio but it just look wayyyyyyy to good for home use xD It deserve to see the light outside :wink: 

That's what they'll be for. Will be looking for reference home use next. I'll be interested in what you find.

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #69 of 104
Quote:

That's what they'll be for. Will be looking for reference home use next. I'll be interested in what you find.

Haha! Thanks for the support! Give my ears a rest :wink: might be coming up with a massive one... You never know.. Making chance trying to fly out and audition some! XD

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #70 of 104
Quote:
Apologizes, I didn't get to try them with an amp as I don't own one but in the future, I might for my IEM. Both are fully burned in when I put it up. :)

I know you told me they were completely burnt in, but I'm wondering if you did notice any change in the signature since day 1. I've put about 100 hours on my MDR-1R so far and feel like the highs are becoming more pronounced. I'm wondering if you are hearing anything different.

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #71 of 104
Quote:

I know you told me they were completely burnt in, but I'm wondering if you did notice any change in the signature since day 1. I've put about 100 hours on my MDR-1R so far and feel like the highs are becoming more pronounced. I'm wondering if you are hearing anything different.

Probably, not so sure... Not very noticeable haha...

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #72 of 104
Post updated added HD598. It is on par with K550 because of it's soundstage, and mids. It is a personal preference although I dislike sibilants a bit but it is less noticeable compared to SRH-840 and K167. Ones again, the Momentum lacks soundstage, uncontrolled bass and the 1R lacks some attack speed and probably a bit of soundstage to really bit the HD598. It is just a personal preference as a midrange head and I hope you like it xD

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #73 of 104
k550 has far less soundstage depth compared to hd598. the sennheiser is much smoother in treble area also. but when you compare an open to aclosed hp, it is like apples and oranges.

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #74 of 104
So I'm owning the ue6000 and I've auditioned the momentum and amperior and I'm satisfy with my ue6000 but I'm afraid that these baby will break in no time!

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #75 of 104
Quote:
So I'm owning the ue6000 and I've auditioned the momentum and amperior and I'm satisfy with my ue6000 but I'm afraid that these baby will break in no time!

It shouldn't be a problem with UE6000. It is quite sturdy and putting it into the pouch when not using would help :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back