MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
May 27, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #437 of 1,383
Warranty will be given and utmost support as well. It will be not unlimited but on an unusual high level.
In the moment I cannot tell more, but we are eager to surprise the community in an extreme positive way.
During summer we'll tell more about this on the homepage.
BR heinz

May 27, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #438 of 1,383
Wish you all the best with your daughter and my highest recognition for your decision!

Thanks Heinz, it is tough having no income, but you have to do what needs doing for your children. I will enjoy following this headphone and reading about it as it becomes released. Cheers.

May 27, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #440 of 1,383
Sonic Defender i wish you all the best sir and i hope that your daughter will get better in the future.

Thank you very much, I appreciate the well wishes, it is kind of you.

May 27, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #441 of 1,383
Great progress.

Jun 1, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #442 of 1,383
Hi,
long time no see! :L3000:

I was asked by a German forum to post some comparing measurements of Mysphere 3.1 vs others.
Ok, so I'm doing this here as well:
It's a comparison of the impulse response at the same measurement conditions.
1st MySphere3.1 nt conditions on an artificial ear.

Best regards, heinz

MySphere 3.1 latest acoustic adjustment:

Focal Utopia:

Sennheiser HD800s:

Stax SR009:

Hey Heinz!
Could you also post the impulse response of some older headphones like the Sennheíser HD600 and the AKG K1000?
I noticed the MySphere transducer sits very close to the ear, much more so than the K1000.
I'd imagine that the decreased coupled mass ( in form of air) and the operation in near field up to a couple kilohertz (much like an On-Ear/In-Ear) along with the well engineered transducer contribute to these rather excellent measurements.

Jun 1, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #443 of 1,383
IMG_4066.PNG

JPS Labs AB-1266 Abyss
Note: It is not the new Phi version

Jun 12, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #446 of 1,383
Hey Heinz!
Could you also post the impulse response of some older headphones like the Sennheíser HD600 and the AKG K1000?
I noticed the MySphere transducer sits very close to the ear, much more so than the K1000.
I'd imagine that the decreased coupled mass ( in form of air) and the operation in near field up to a couple kilohertz (much like an On-Ear/In-Ear) along with the well engineered transducer contribute to these rather excellent measurements.

I have some from my headphones measured by Heinz
Sennheiser HD 650

3bruIp4.jpg

qteDris.jpg

Fostex T50RP-MK3+Alphapad

eVo8eWH.jpg

6mQ16xs.jpg

Attachments

• Sennheiser HD 650 - Toni - Impulse Response.JPG
    Sennheiser HD 650 - Toni - Impulse Response.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Sennheiser HD 650 - Toni - Impulse Response.JPG
    Sennheiser HD 650 - Toni - Impulse Response.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Fostex T50RP-MK3+Alphapad - Impulse Response.JPG
    Fostex T50RP-MK3+Alphapad - Impulse Response.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #448 of 1,383
Do you mind posting the frequency responses as well if you have them?
In the Edit :)
I am actually Saving money to get the Mysphere.
When will be the next time we in Europe have another meeting to get another listen?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #450 of 1,383
Hello,

Just wanted to tell a few things about the actual status of Mysphere 3.1:

• It was the target towards best quality getting the utmost material and parts of it from Europe. In reality it's more than 200 parts the target was realized! :)
  • The first 0-series out of original parts will start to be built together end of July. Yes, there's a slight delay - but quality first!
  • The most important reliability tests are done and the results are really great! It's the most robust design towards reliability in terms of duration which I ever tested in my 40 working years.
  • The surface's of the most important outside parts looking really nice and offer a hardness level of 9.5 - not really possible while normal use to scratch.
  • The acoustic got an update during the beta-testing phase and all inputs of the selected testers could be taken into account in design changes.
  • The second beta testing phase will start end of August 2017 in order to check externally the result and may be to adjust again as a kind of "fine grinding".
  • Also the mechanic was changed slightly so that also users with bigger head can use it more comfortable.
  • The packing is basically defined and the last changes are being to be implemented.
  • The cable(s) will be finally for the standard option an 8-strand braided, mono-crystalline, oxygen free copper, which fit very well acoustically and due to low mass.
  • The Mysphere homepage will get an important update end of August with following details:
    Price-range, reserve option, technical specs, measurement results, cable variants, more details product philosophy
  • Introduction on market is planned first time at RMAF at Denver 6. - 8. Oct. and 1 month later at CanJam-Europe at Berlin 4. - 5. November.

That's all for the moment,

BR heinz
Logo MYSPHERE.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back