MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Jul 23, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #466 of 1,383
If the MySphere is anything like the K1000 I have no doubt it will be awesome. I am now a K1000 owner. It's funny because I have it in the classified section up for sale but that's because I didn't think I had sufficient amplification for it. However, I am now debating whether to retract the sale because I just got a Schiit Lyr 2 and it sounds amazing. And I know I am not even scratching the surface of the K1000 potential but am unable to get a higher end amp at the moment. The Schiit was the most affordable option (only $340 in used but excellent condition).

Seriously, if Mr Renner and the AKG team were capable of this awesomeness back in 1989 I can't imagine what the MySphere will be like given the benefit of better technology and research.

I am pretty much set on pre-ordering it. :beerchug:

Nice about the K1000, simply fantastic headphone, one of the best dynamics ever made. It's right up there with the R10. The Mysphere is the one headphone I have hope can push the envelope in terms of headphone fidelity. I had a Lyr 2 in the past, honestly miss it and it's power. Can't wait to hear the Mysphere 3.1.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #469 of 1,383
I would be more than happy to proofread future copy. The English is comprehensible but not always idiomatic or strictly grammatical.

Aug 4, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #470 of 1,383
Also looking forward to reading some impressions and it sounds like that will be happening soon. Very stoked for sure.

Aug 12, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #471 of 1,383
too bad they're priced way out of my price range at a whopping $3500-4500 euros....
i'll happily stick with mid fi.
(I also am not into cans as much as others: instead I prefer iems...and my beloved all in one naim muso for live music).

but to those who have both the $$ resources and desire to aspire to this level,
then i hope this innovative product will be as progressive as the creators contend it to be.
like many others, I'm equally intrigued to read reviews once released.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #473 of 1,383
too bad they're priced way out of my price range at a whopping $3500-4500 euros....
I thought these were supposed to be less expensive than that?

Aug 13, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #475 of 1,383
Well, regardless of price, I am very hopeful that the innovations and voicing of this headphone will be very well received. Nothing but good can come of having even more companies and visions in the industry driving innovation and competition. It would be nice to see a little more downward pressure on pricing due to competition in the industry, but that may come in time. Congratulations to the design and testing team for getting things to the point of imminent release, I'm sure it has been a great deal of work.

Aug 13, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #476 of 1,383
Hopefully MrSpeakers will begin seriously eating into Hifiman's HE1k/Susvara lunch—especially with the ether e.

This headphone is interesting but the 2k mark is really where things start to get interesting for me...

Aug 13, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #477 of 1,383
Hello, The latest Version of
www.mysphere.at
is online now.
Some news incl. Specs and pre-order Option...
Br heinz
The frequency responce looks a little bit different from the one in this thread. Different tuning? Can you provide the FR of some other headphones to compare, please?
FFR_RosaRauschen_1.jpg

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #479 of 1,383
Hello,
The frequency response shown is as mentioned a measurement in free field condition. This means instead on the head, a measuring microphone is placed just in front of the headphone opening which normally is placed to the ear.
It's basically the same measurement as for the old K1000 was shown by AKG.
A Focal Utopia looks in the condition like this (sorry I does not have at the moment this measurement available in 1/3 octave but in 1/12 octave only):
upload_2017-8-14_10-25-0.png

More measurements, especially on the artificial head, will come with the next Homepage update beginning of September.

BR heinz

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #480 of 1,383
Wow that is really impressive! So compared to the Focal Utopia it seems there is a relative depression in the 2-10kHz range, 3-4dB or so. I wouldn't mind that as the Utopia can tend toward a forward and energetic sound but can be fatiguing with the wrong system.

This is going to be at RMAF? I will hopefully be attending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back