MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Jan 4, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #196 of 1,383
  I don't know if this thread was originally called this or if it was changed from the merge. Either way I agree, but the thread name with just mysphere by itself would probably not be familiar with anyone. I think it should be renamed something along the lines of akg k1000 successor, or 1989 akg k1000 vs 2017 mysphere 3.1

If I can make a small suggestion - 

Mysphere 3.1 2017 Release (AKG K1000 Successor)

or for a less "hype-y" name

Mysphere 3.1 2017 Release (AKG K1000 Spiritual Successor)

Jan 4, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #197 of 1,383
  If I can make a small suggestion - 

Mysphere 3.1 2017 Release (AKG K1000 Successor)

or for a less "hype-y" name

Mysphere 3.1 2017 Release (AKG K1000 Spiritual Successor)

Less hype? These ARE the original k1000 engineers after all and the goals are to improve everything the k1000 lacked, the brand change doesn't change the heart of a TRUE akg fanboy.
I like your first suggestion better

Jan 4, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #198 of 1,383
  Less hype? These ARE the original k1000 engineers after all and the goals are to improve everything the k1000 lacked, the brand change doesn't change the heart of a TRUE akg fanboy.
I like your first suggestion better

Well there we are then! 
gs1000.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #199 of 1,383
May I add another suggestion for a better thread title:

1989 vs. 2017: Mysphere 3.1 (AKG K1000 reinvented)

I'm usually more into IEMs than headphones, but out of interest I've been following Heinz Renner's posts on Head-Fi. And to me personally, he comes across as an extremely factual and down-to-earth guy. Those who think that this thread is a hype-train, should just spend a day or two browsing the portables forum... I'll guarantee it will make your heads explode! 
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #200 of 1,383
  May I add another suggestion for a better thread title:

1989 vs. 2017: Mysphere 3.1 (AKG K1000 reinvented)

I'm usually more into IEMs than headphones, but out of interest I've been following Heinz Renner's posts on Head-Fi. And to me personally, he comes across as an extremely factual and down-to-earth guy. Those who think that this thread is a hype-train, should just spend a day or two browsing the portables forum... I'll guarantee it will make your heads explode! 
wink.gif

That is a dangerous place my friend :) :) :)

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #202 of 1,383
Who can it rename ?
The one who started the thread? If yes, ... Ok, but this thread is a merged one! So how to do?
Br heinz

Maybe ask a moderator?

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #204 of 1,383
maybe get rid of the "1989 vs" part....the title implies some sort of competition between the K1000 and the Mysphere. There will be comparisons of course, but let it stand on its own for at least a little bit. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #205 of 1,383
Don't get me wrong, I'm going to be super excited to try the 3.1 out when she finally makes her public appearance but I'm a bit hesitant to buy an expensive flagship from a new manufacturer until they prove themselves with regards to quality control, customer service, etc.

If the 3.1 was an AKG product I'd be less concerned as AKG has a solid track record.

In any case, looking forward to getting some head time with these!

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #206 of 1,383
Well, AKG is not the same anymore, so not sure if that would help matters from a quality control standpoint.  Also, from what I understand, AKG is pretty much done for in making headphones, or at least is winding down.  

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #207 of 1,383
Akg still makes headphones. Just no more austria. They have been going downhill lately though. I don't know about anyone else here but I would definitely trust mr renner to make a quality headphone, even if that means sending it back to his country if I ever encounter an issue (which I frankly don't think would happen)

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #208 of 1,383
Just recently became aware of this thread. Based on glimpses and the little information available it sounds like a unique and exciting project. My guess is that as soon as pre-orders are available it will sell very quickly.

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #209 of 1,383
Hello, 

as built quality is mentioned and questioned, I can inform you a bit more in depth how we handle this important matter:

1.1. One basis for high product quality and reliability is the used material (components) itself.
1.1.1.  Our aim is that all parts will be either Austrian or Europe's origin. Only a few specific parts which will not be available here anymore, will come from other countries but under strict quality control of European core-suppliers. 
1.1.2. The materials itself are designed for extreme long lifetime. Where possible only metal parts are used. Surface finishing are not used as design aspect only, but for highest robustness against the "real practices".
1.1.3. Just as example, plastic foam parts will not be used due to critical life-time behavior.
1.2. Tolerances of all product parts are signed according six sigma methodology. The complete quality insurance system is based on the know how of key players in high tech mass manufacturing.
1.3. All parts can be traced back from the final product to the specific supplied material batch.
Allowing this, the serial number will be encoded and include all relevant data.
1.4. A specialty will be the robustness against dust and water. The product will be even washable!

Please understand that this tread is not ideal to explain every detail, but my promise, that you will read more in the upcoming homepage of Mysphere.

BR heinz

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #210 of 1,383
It's been said before I think, but it's really cool that one of the actual developers is posting here and giving us so much valuable information.   That's much appreciated and definitely a testament to the company's professionalism and dedication to quality service.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back