MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Nov 23, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #1,366 of 1,383
Good start to a Friday morning with the MS 3.2. :beyersmile:

IMG_0844.jpeg

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #1,368 of 1,383
IMO one of the best headphones ever made. I have happily owned it for four years and am completely content.
Yes. Excellent density of sound as well. I love it for vocals.

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #1,369 of 1,383
IMO one of the best headphones ever made. I have happily owned it for four years and am completely content.
Yeah, the Mysphere is certainly one of the best headphones (technically, earspeakers, but whatever). Personally, I think that overall it is the best dynamic driver headphones on the market.

Too bad they seem to be quite underrated among people here. Probably because they are quite rare and not so well-known, like the Focal Utopia or Hifiman Susvara. Also, it is quite difficult to assess them in audio show environment like CanJam, so the impressions were quite mixed back then when they were released. In addition to that, they should have been being released with the bass cushions in the first place.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #1,370 of 1,383
Their price and form factor imo are their biggest boundaries to entry. At the same time the form factor is one of its greatest attributes and what attracted me - minus the obvious sound stage benefits it is immensely comfortable for me and a great summer headphone or when it is hot!

Dec 2, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #1,371 of 1,383
@Halimj7
Not very clear for me what you mean when you wrote: The biggest boundaries and at same time greatest attribute is the form factor....
May I ask that you explain this a little bit for a simple Austrian guy please?
Best regards, Heinz

Dec 2, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #1,372 of 1,383
@Halimj7
Not very clear for me what you mean when you wrote: The biggest boundaries and at same time greatest attribute is the form factor....
May I ask that you explain this a little bit for a simple Austrian guy please?
Best regards, Heinz
Hello Sir. I hope that you are well. Thank you so much for your contribution to audio and for filling so many of us with joy!

This is my anecdotal experience so please take it with a grain of salt. When I say the form factor is its biggest boundary to entry I mean some people who I have met and talked to at shows find it’s looks too weird. They are confused about how to wear it and how they will look when they wear it. Similar to the Abyss TC-1266. Unfortunately imo these people are missing out because if they would just try they might find them as I do extremely comfortable and mind blowing in their staging and musical experience.

It is always risky being innovative because you will attract some and repel others. Regardless I and many applaud the form factor because without taking this risk we would not have such a magical audio experience. I have owned most high end headphones and my average rate of retention is around 8 months (every 8 months I trade my old headphones in for a new one). I have had the Mysphere for 4 years and never plan to trade it because it is so unique and special! Thank you Sir!!! Please take care!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #1,375 of 1,383
Although the Mysphere is not quite as unusual as the "Ming The Merciless" appearance of the old Jecklin Float Electrostatics, nor the "shoeboxes on ears" for the Stax Sigma, it's still a bit weird looking, especially with the earspeakers turned out ala the AKG K1000. We headphone wearers have to have rhinoceros skin. My kids used to bring their friends in to see me listening with any of the above for a good laugh. They weren't laughing after I put any of the above on their heads to listen to music.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #1,377 of 1,383
Starting the last weekend before X’mas and the year end break with the MS 3.2. I do find that Shanling has a lovely house sound that does very well with the MS 3.2. Using the CD function of the Shanling ET-3, upsampled via I2S connection to the Holo Spring 3 KTE and the SAEQ Hyperion Ge. Lush and rich tonality which goes well with the MS 3.2. Bliss…. :)

IMG_1384.jpeg

Dec 16, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #1,378 of 1,383
There is nothing like hearing music reproduced in space. (As opposed to what I hear from my really good, but over-the-ear, Meze Empyreans.)

Sadly(?), I was reminded of this last week, when I decided to try out Naim's little all-in-one streaming speaker system, the Mu-So qb.

Naim qb.jpg

After I finish traveling for the Christmas holidays, I'm afraid I'm going to have to consider trying the MySpheres again; since, the last time I heard them was before I got my LTA amplifier... My wonderful over-ear headphones sound a little closed-in, after listening to well-reproduced music in my office, via the qb...

For those not unwilling to spend a grand (or more) on a little speaker system, the Mu-So qb is really open and articulate; an extremely enjoyable listening experience with zero hassle. It is essentially an 8" cube, so it's easy to find a place for it. As long as you don't expect it to compete with your full-range-with-sub 2-channel system for loudness, it is spectacular.

In actual headphone news, has anyone heard the MySpheres with any of the LTA amplifiers, like the MZ2, MZ3, Z10, or Z10e?

Dec 23, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #1,380 of 1,383
Since I've started using the oratory1990 EQ via the Merging Anubis premium, those Mysphere 3.2 phones are really doing it for me - the best I've ever heard them sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back