MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Jul 24, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #1,351 of 1,383
Basically you can use it just without the pads. No fear, the built in protection mesh is enough mechanic and hygroscopic protection!
That's great to know, Herr Renner, that it's safe to use it like that, but let me ask: using the "Transparent" cushions, will the sound be altered too much compared to using them without any cushion or will I get a similar result?

Jul 24, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #1,352 of 1,383
Wirklich schwer zu beurteilen!
Natürlich sind die T-Pads transparenter als die Standard-Pads. Aber ohne Pads beträgt der Opener bei 10kHz und darüber ca. 2 dB....
ABER sind Sie sicher, dass Sie die S-Pads gekauft haben? Das Symbol ist auf der Innenseite eingraviert.
T... transparent, B...bass, S...standard

Jul 24, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #1,353 of 1,383
ABER sind Sie sicher, dass Sie die S-Pads gekauft haben? Das Symbol ist auf der Innenseite eingraviert.
Yes, they are standard

IMG_0188.jpg

And the pores are very closed. Has the S model been revised?
IMG_0189.jpg

Jul 26, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #1,355 of 1,383
Some thoughts about the Mysphere 3.2.....
I'd always noticed a very slight imbalance between the left and right channels in my set and thought that it was just something I would have to adjust with a balance control. I should have known better, having seen the care the Mysphere team has shown with this enterprise.
My head must be slightly asymmetrical and the headphone sits with the left ear speaker further forward of its respective ear canal than the right earspeaker. This is easily corrected by shifting the headband back a little on the left side than it naturally wants to sit. The sound stage is now perfectly centred.
This headphone, more than any other, demands exact positioning:
1. Earspeakers should be opened/closed to the same angles on both sides.
2. The earspeakers should be at the same height relative to the earcanal openings on either side.
3. As mentioned above, the earspeakers should be in the same anterior to posterior position on both sides relative to the ear canals
It's certainly more finicky with respect to positioning than most, but well worth the experimenting.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #1,357 of 1,383
Some thoughts about the Mysphere 3.2.....
I'd always noticed a very slight imbalance between the left and right channels in my set and thought that it was just something I would have to adjust with a balance control. I should have known better, having seen the care the Mysphere team has shown with this enterprise.
My head must be slightly asymmetrical and the headphone sits with the left ear speaker further forward of its respective ear canal than the right earspeaker. This is easily corrected by shifting the headband back a little on the left side than it naturally wants to sit. The sound stage is now perfectly centred.
This headphone, more than any other, demands exact positioning:
1. Earspeakers should be opened/closed to the same angles on both sides.
2. The earspeakers should be at the same height relative to the earcanal openings on either side.
3. As mentioned above, the earspeakers should be in the same anterior to posterior position on both sides relative to the ear canals
It's certainly more finicky with respect to positioning than most, but well worth the experimenting.
Agree John. And the MySphere team built it with that adaptability in mind. The relentless pursuit of perfection takes time and effort. But always well worth it! :)

Jul 27, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #1,358 of 1,383
Natürlich sind die T-Pads transparenter als die Standard-Pads. Aber ohne Pads beträgt der Opener bei 10kHz und darüber ca. 2 dB....
Indeed I was always thinking, fully open pads, just a coarse wire mesh for protection and looks, would be a nice addition.

Here are my measurements of Mysphere 3.2 with and without the Bass Pads, freefield at 0 and 1 cm distance, 1/4” B&K 4165 microphone.

Freefield means, not on a head or any baffle, so the typical head / pinnae interaction isn‘t present in this measurement.
Interestingly the baffle step irregularity at 2,5 kHz largely disappeares with no pad at 0 cm distance (green curve).
FBC1A350-AE96-4F17-815E-2385FA2418BB.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #1,359 of 1,383
Indeed I was always thinking, fully open pads, just a coarse wire mesh for protection and looks, would be a nice addition.
OMG... a dream!

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #1,360 of 1,383

Here are my measurements of Mysphere 3.2 with and without the Bass Pads, freefield at 0 and 1 cm distance, 1/4” B&K 4165 microphone.

Freefield means, not on a head or any baffle, so the typical head / pinnae interaction isn‘t present in this measurement.
Interestingly the baffle step irregularity at 2,5 kHz largely disappeares with no pad at 0 cm distance (green curve).
FBC1A350-AE96-4F17-815E-2385FA2418BB.jpeg

Hmm, looks like the bass pads mainly dampen treble and don't extend the bass range.

The latter of which is pretty impressive anyway for a fully open headphone, steep rolloff only below 60Hz.

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #1,361 of 1,383
Hmm, looks like the bass pads mainly dampen treble and don't extend the bass range.

The latter of which is pretty impressive anyway for a fully open headphone, steep rolloff only below 60Hz.
In my freefield measurement the bass boost effect doesn’t take place.

As described here, they need to be close to the head/ear to do their trick.
https://mysphere.at/product/sound-frame-cushions-bass/
“This version [Cushions “Bass”] achieves significantly stronger bass levels when applied close to the ear. As soon as the sound frames are moved farther away from the ear, the overall sound image is much alike as with our "Standard" cushions.”

These are the measurements published bei Heinz Renner:
Planned is end of this month... End February 2020 ready to order...
Br heinz

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #1,363 of 1,383
Those measurements are very much depending on the ear which is used.
In our measurements for the pads we use simulated real ears! Which shows of course just an non natural average which never happen in praxis.
Therefore a person has in any case judge themself.
True, and not to forget:
Mysphere‘s positioning-options allow much more personal sound-tailoring than with any traditional shaped headphones.

Even more so: by opening and closing the flaps, Mysphere can be more than just one headphone, adapting to music style and listeners mood in a second.

I did cut some plastic triangles with my favorite listening positions as angle measurement tools to aid quickly setting up Mysphere.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #1,364 of 1,383
Hello fellow Mysphere owners. I am trying to purchase some Bass Frame Cushions and maybe a Transparent Frame Cushions as well, but only see like 1 store in the US and haven’t got a reply back from that store.

I was wondering what is the US Distribution store that sell Mysphere Frame Cushions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back