MYSPHERE 3.1 "FAQ's"
Oct 3, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #91 of 165
Hello,
all cushion-sets come for €400,- each excl. tax, VAT, transport if your order at the web-shop.
But just ask your local dealer please.
BR heinz

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #93 of 165
Thanks to WooAudio.com, ordered bass heavy and transparent cushions just now - will report back - not that I find the MS 3.2 lacking anything, I just want to play.

Now if only the Mysphere folks would create a supplemental case for extra cushion storage? Idea? maybe?

Note: never did find the items on their website, it was an email exchange/purchase. Just thought I'd let inquiring minds know.

Be well.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #94 of 165
Thanks to WooAudio.com, ordered bass heavy and transparent cushions just now - will report back - not that I find the MS 3.2 lacking anything, I just want to play.
....and they're very easy to change over

Nov 20, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #96 of 165
Hello headphone friends,

After careful consideration and some negotiations with the service providers including insurance, LB-acoustics has decided the following:

A) The rental fee (1 week) for a complete Test-Set consisting of MYSPHERE 3.1 + 3.2 "Soundframes", a head-bow and all cables in the original packaging is now only € 100, - net including delivery to customer and return (+ VAT and / or customs depending on the country).

B) Customers who choose and order the regular MYSPHERE Headphone of their choice after renting the Test-Set within 2 months get the full test purchase price (including VAT and / or duty) as a discount.

C) Customers who had previously used the Test-Set was / will be contacted accordingly and of course get the same conditions retroactively.

LB-acoustics hopes that this service will please.

Sincerely, your Heinz

Hi, is the one week loaner program still available ?

Nov 20, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #97 of 165
Sorry no!
Meanwhile there are many dealers worldwide who will borrow the product and/or you can test in their shops.
But if you need help, do not hesitate to to contact LB-acoustics directly.
Best regards Heinz

Nov 20, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #98 of 165
Sorry no!
Meanwhile there are many dealers worldwide who will borrow the product and/or you can test in their shops.
But if you need help, do not hesitate to to contact LB-acoustics directly.
Best regards Heinz
The French distributor no longer lend headphones, which I understand as many people ask for a free loan and don't buy. A rental fee is, IMHO, the best solution.
Test is his shop is difficult : only one shop in France, 700 km away, and the covid-19 restrictions are very heavy
https://lb-acoustics.at/ (site in German, seems more related to techproducts such as "schallquellenortung", "schallpegelmesser")
or
https://mysphere.at ?

Is it possible to have a 3.1 and by buying more stuff, being able to swap from 3.1 to 3.2 then from 3.2 to 3.1 and so on.

Wish I could find an old K240 : my first headphones

Thanx.

Cheers

Nov 20, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #99 of 165
The new bass cushions and all the two others for MYSPHERE 3 are available now online and at your dealers:

Please choose from the following Soundframe-Cushion variants:

“Standard” Cushion (Art.-No. CA0510)
This Soundframe-Cushion version offers a linear frequency response and thus the most
neutral tuning relative to sound events in free field. These cushions are acoustically tuned
with the MYSPHERE 3 in such a way that the relationship between dynamic pressure at the
ear and the achievable spatial representation of transparency is balanced.
“Transparent” Cushion (Art.No. CA0520)
This type of cushion achieves the highest transparency in the tonal behavior. These cushions
are particularly convincing for classical music recordings of large orchestras.
“Bass” Cushion (Art.No. CA0530)
This type of cushion achieves an increase of up to +10dB at 20Hz at the ear relative to the
level at 700Hz. This is achieved by increasing the sound pressure by proximity-effect but
without any resonators. The upper mids and highs are not affected by this. However, this
function only works when the pad is placed directly (touching) on the ear. As soon as the
sound-frames are angled more, the level in the away the bass level is the same as with the
standard cushion. The advantage of this is that the sound impression can be adjusted to suit
individual taste and music.

BR heinz

Which one would you advise for classical and acoustic jazz, mostly piano concertos and jazz trio ?
Sems to bethe Bass : more bass when used as a "standard headphone", similar to the classic when the isn't placed directly on the ear.

Thanx. Best

Best

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #100 of 165
Which one would you advise for classical and acoustic jazz, mostly piano concertos and jazz trio ?
Sems to bethe Bass : more bass when used as a "standard headphone", similar to the classic when the isn't placed directly on the ear.

Thanx. Best

Best

The new "BASS-Cushion" is for most applications the best solution.
This is because when it is applied close to the ear, the bass level is increased by about +10dB without any reduction or coloring the highs and mids. Of course the spatiality is reduced, but still on much higher level than most other headphones.
And when applied farer from the ear, the sound and spatiality is even closer to the "TRANSPARENT-Cushion".
However, as always a pro does not exist without a con. In praxis the BASS-Cushion is more critical to get the personal optimal fit on the head.
But my Tip is - buy the new BASS-cushion, I like it! :)
BR heinz

Jul 12, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #101 of 165
I'm asked frequently about the electric connection of MYSPHERE.

Please see the attached scheme how the built in 3.5mm TRRS jacks of MYSPHERE are connected.

connector scheme Myspere.JPG

Have fun trying your own cable designs!

BR heinz
@hrklg01, I am considering retermining a bulky cable to use with Mysphere, and wondering if it is possible to use two 3.5mm TRRS jacks with one side only have +R/-R and the other side -L/+L. Would this even work, and would it have any impact on sound quality?

Jul 13, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #102 of 165
@BoyNamedSue
Yes,it's possible to use the left connector for the left side only by using the tip for the L+ and the shield for L-
Consequently to use the first ring for R+ and the second ring for R-
There are several cable companies which supply such cables as well.
The negative aspect of doing so is, that to pull it on the head becomes quite uncomfortable as the connectors are behind the ear on the headbow located.
Electrically it works fine and does not have any negative impact.
The cable quality has to be carefully selected.
Br heinz

Aug 31, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #104 of 165
Hopefully someone here can confirm I have a bad connector on my MySphere 3.1's, I just picked these up open box from Woo, plugging the cable into the right side I get audio from both sides (and it sounds really good).
Plugging the cable into the left side I only get audio out of the right earpiece.
I am assuming this is not normal?
I am assuming there isn't a simple fix?
I have sent an email to Woo and I'm sure they'll respond, but I didn't send it until after close of business today so just trying to confirm.

Thanks

Aug 31, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #105 of 165
Hopefully someone here can confirm I have a bad connector on my MySphere 3.1's, I just picked these up open box from Woo, plugging the cable into the right side I get audio from both sides (and it sounds really good).
Plugging the cable into the left side I only get audio out of the right earpiece.
I am assuming this is not normal?
I am assuming there isn't a simple fix?
I have sent an email to Woo and I'm sure they'll respond, but I didn't send it until after close of business today so just trying to confirm.

Thanks
This problem should only be sent back for repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back