MYSPHERE 3.1 "FAQ's"
Sep 30, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #151 of 165
Ja, natürlich ist es möglich, also etwas zu erstellen, wie Sie es erklärt haben. Es geht lediglich darum, technische Parameter zu gefährden.
Raal is doing it.

Sep 30, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #152 of 165
Ja, natürlich ist es möglich, also etwas zu erstellen, wie Sie es erklärt haben. Es geht lediglich darum, technische Parameter zu gefährden.
Raal is doing it.
While the RAAL are certainly very interesting headphones, they failed to deliver good low frequencies which is the main idea behind the Harman curve. With regard to the bass, they are quite close to the K1000, in terms of the amount (and much less than the Mysphere with bass cushions). It is like 10dB less than the Harman curve requires for 25 Hz, which is huge (and still achieved when the driver is very close to the ear and if you turn the cups even a little, the bass completely disappears). I'm pretty sure the Harman curve kind of bass is impossible to achieve with ribbon drivers - not enough excursion.
1696096776679.jpeg
1696096929509.png

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #154 of 165
Didn't use my Mysphere because I didn't have my big amp Paltauf ESD by hand. Now tried it with the Fiio M17 and enjoy the big picture and the clearness of this combination.
Many thanks to Mr. Renner for his unique headphones!

20231113_125216.jpg

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #155 of 165
I've been playing with Oratory1990's EQ presets for the Mysphere with great success using the Merging Anubis. It's a lovely little Swiss knife.

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #156 of 165
Finally figured a way to input Oratory 1990's EQ settings for a headphone into Sonarworks Sound ID Reference, export that and import it into the Merging Anubis. Sounds great - knocked back the midrange bump (I suspect that is due to me having the earspeakers parallel with my pinnae - i.e. very close to my ears) and brought up the bass a bit further than the "B" cushions do.

Jan 27, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #157 of 165
Hello, Heinz.

Now having to replace the earpads and headband pad on my Sennheiser HD800, I've become curious how long is the headband pads of the Mysphere going to last? After how much time it needs to be replaced? What do you think? The cushions probably will last like forever since they barely touch the ears, if at all.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #158 of 165
You can wash the headband with water and soap, even put it in a washingmachine.
How long it will last is only a question of how often it is used. There is no general answer.
Wkr
Tom

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #159 of 165
Thanks Tom for the fast answer.
Yes, The used material for MYSPHERE is really unusual for headphones.
It comes from the automotive industry and is used for MB.
We tested a lot, but without any chances of damages in all extreme climates.
Washing is also simple possible as Tom wrote.
😄

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #160 of 165
You can wash the headband with water and soap, even put it in a washingmachine.
How long it will last is only a question of how often it is used. There is no general answer.
Wkr
Tom
Well, of course it obviously depends on how often and how long you use the headphones. If you wear them 16 hours every single day, it is one thing, and if you use the headphones once a week for an hour, it is another. But still, I think there is still supposed to be some ballpark number. For example, for the HD800, if a person uses them a few hours everyday, the headband pad won't last more than a couple of years, at least that is my experience and a few people I personally know.

Thanks Tom for the fast answer.
Yes, The used material for MYSPHERE is really unusual for headphones.
It comes from the automotive industry and is used for MB.
We tested a lot, but without any chances of damages in all extreme climates.
Washing is also simple possible as Tom wrote.
The Mysphere has been for sale, like, for about 5 years, as far as I remember. Do people order the headband pad often? I mean as a spare part.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #162 of 165
Till now, the headbow cushions wasn't ordered from anybody seperate.
However, it's possible to do of course just via the homepage.
Thank you. That is what I thought. They do look very durable and long-lasting. Personally, I think for many people who listen to headphones a couple of hours a week, they will last a lifetime and will never need to replaced. I was just curious that maybe you did some testing.
By the way, the plastic used in the headband reminds me the one used by the German eyewear manufacturer Mykita (they call it Mylon for marketing reasons). Is it also made from polyamide powder using selective laser sintering 3D printing?

Jan 27, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #163 of 165
The "body" plastic part of the cushion is in deed printed. A composite of PA's. But not by simple laser sinter processing. It's made by a 500k€ machine where just a few hundred exist worldwide.

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #164 of 165
Hello friends,

As previously announced, I would like to mention those amplifiers that are well to pair with the MYSPHERE 3.

First of all, to explain that one of the development goals of this handset was, despite completely open design (no front pad which generate back pressure) to offer enough sensitivity to not necessarily need a performance monster of an AMP to drive.

This goal has been achieved and you can have a lot of fun with the MYSPHERE 3 even with mobile players.

Here, however, I would like to report exclusively on stationary devices suitable for the MYSPHERE 3, because they simply bring enough power to convey the enormous impulsiveness of this headphone. So they provide enough voltage and power to perform such impulses as recorded.

As mentioned earlier in this and other thread, due to the high electromotive force of the EMF, not every amplifier is suitable, which often plays very well with other headphones. That's why this list is written.

I deliberately do not do a ranking because in my opinion this makes no sense, too big are simply the respective differences in prices but also the preferences of the individual user.

The list is written in alphabetical order and contains only such devices, which I myself could try in the past with sufficient time and peace and, so to speak, got my ok for the drive of the MYSPHERE 3.

It is also stated which headphone variant fits (there are also amplifier devices where both variants are well suited.

Additional keywords of my impressions:

Audiovalve Solaris
Very neutral sound, excellent spatial presentation, powerful, OTL mode possible> MS3.1 + MS3.2

Audiovalve Luminare
Very neutral sound, great spatial representation, OTL mode possible> MS3.1 + MS3.2

BMC ULTRA DAC
Pure warm sound, lots of power and dynamic,> MS3.2

Bryston BHA - 1
Lively musically, transparent, very good sound stage, sufficiently strong> MS3.2

Burson Conductor 3 Reference
Pure full warm sound, good control in the bass, enough power> MS3.2

Cavalli Liquid Fire
Very good balanced clean sound, enough power> MS3.1 + MS3.2

Cayin HA-300
Excellent spatiality, very good momentum> MS3.1 + MS3.2

Crayon CHA-1
Great performance, bass and warmth, very good momentum and spaciousness> MS3.1 + MS3.2

DNA Stellaris
Very transparent, strong> MS3.1

Eddie Current Aficionado
Sufficient performance, good tonal balance and musicality> MS3.1 + MS3.2

Feliks Audio Euforia
Neutral sound, enough power and dynamics, good sound stage> MS3.1 + MS3.2

GraceDesign m903
Warm pleasant sound, sufficient power> MS3.2

IfI Pro ICan
Good performance, warm sound> MS3.1 + MS3.2

Lake People HPA RS08
Neutral sound, enough power> MS3.2

LTA MicroZotl MZ2
Warm sound, good transparents and good sound stage> MS3.2

Malwave Head Amp three Mk 4
Lots of power, warm pleasant musical sound> MS3.2

MASS-KOBO 394 mk2
Lots of power, performance, good stage> MS3.2

Meier-Audio Corda Soul
Clear neutral sound with built in EQ, clean mids and high frequencies> MS3.2

Paltauf HPA-100
Pure power, neutral sound, very good stage> MS3.2

Paltauf Universal Tubes AMP
Good performance, very good specialty> MS3.2

Passlabs HPA-1
Enough performance, transparent sound, good space> MS3.2

Pathos Aurium
Sufficient power, good neutral playback> MS3.2

Riviera AIC-10
Pure control, tremendous power, transparency and warmth, great space> MS3.1 + MS3.2

RME ADI-2 Pro
Sufficient power, neutral sound with EQ can be influenced> MS3.2

Woo Audio WA 33
Lots of power, transparency and warmth, very good space> MS3.1

Have fun, your Heinz
@hrklg01 I just wanted to add to the list, the ONIX Miracle which works nicely with both the MS 3.1 (volume 35 on low gain) and MS 3.2 (volume 45 on high gain). In both cases, great lushness and enveloping holographic soundstage.

IMG_2620.jpeg
IMG_2513.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back