my sony eggos finally broke
Sep 25, 2011 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

NeoReaper

New Head-Fier
hi there, just looking for some advice.  i've been using a pair of sony eggo mdr-d66sl for about 10+years and part of it finally broke, a piece of the headband... so i'm looking for some advice, first things is what is a good replacement for it?  i've never been able to find something quite as portable, so far i've been thinking about the akg q460 but i'm not entire sure i like the super-aural thing rather than circum-aural.  the second piece of advice i'm looking for is a way to either repair or replace the broken part on my eggos.  it still works but one of the metal bands snapped and i'm just wondering if there's a way to order the part or repair it with soldering.  thanks for any advice.

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 7
funny looking headphones, I just googled them, Maybe looking for a generic headphone with similar way to attach the cups to the headband and change the whole headband.

the band has 2 metal pieces right, only one broke?

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 7
My Eggos still get very regular use, so practical on the move and a little Fiio E5 is a good companion for beefing up the bass.  However I also recently bought a set of Beyerdynamic DT231's which sound so much better and I have started to use more and more but the Eggo's have such a nice form and tend to be the set chucked into the bag "just in case".  Hope you get yours repaired and can enjoy them for a few more years.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back