My new K702 and how it differs from my burnt-in K701.
Feb 18, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #76 of 153
Hi,

I'm not here to just to agree with Acix or sound like too fanboyish but if I only had one headphone to listen to all my music with it would be the AKG K-701. To me it's the most versatile of the 'phones I've heard so far.

EDIT: oh yeah, this is my second time around with the 701 and I'm adding a 702 to the stable

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #77 of 153
I did not bash anyone. The only things I have been saying over and over again is my experience with the k701 and how it did not sound natural for me wishing people that were gonna buy some either to listen to them first to see if they like them or to stay away from buying them blindly because of the horrible sound.

Now since there is starting to be some light and this thread seems to be giving some proof of big variations in sound then I might try giving them another shot since Ive been looking for this neutral sound people like Acix has been talking about that I haven't found yet. Acix and I are cool about disagreeing about the k701 sound for example... I dont fight with him and bicker and act childish. Why are you so offended about my honest impressions of my own past experience with the k701. Grow up Triode12, Its only a headphone ***

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #78 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did not bash anyone. The only things I have been saying over and over again is my experience with the k701 and how it did not sound natural for me wishing people that were gonna buy some either to listen to them first to see if they like them or to stay away from buying them blindly because of the horrible sound.

Now since there is starting to be some light and this thread seems to be giving some proof of big variations in sound then I might try giving them another shot since Ive been looking for this neutral sound people like Acix has been talking about that I haven't found yet. Acix and I are cool about disagreeing about the k701 sound for example... I dont fight with him and bicker and act childish. Why are you so offended about my honest impressions of my own past experience with the k701. Grow up Triode12, Its only a headphone ***

You can try to save yourself but your actions are on record on the forum. It will take sometime to dig up the evidence that is all and I cannot be bothered to do so for a lowlife like you.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #80 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by triode12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can try to save yourself but your actions are on record on the forum. It will take sometime to dig up the evidence that is all and I cannot be bothered to do so for a lowlife like you.

If you try to dig it up you will find that I am only a little hostile when someone with your behavior comes along. Even then, I still keep it civil. You might have confused my posts with Oleblueyez
icon10.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #81 of 153
Quote:

If you try to dig it up you will find that I am only a little hostile when someone with your behavior comes along. Even then, I still keep it civil. You might have confused my posts with Oleblueyez
icon10.gif

Well, you were one of his cronies and fanned the flames he ignited. So you are guilty by association.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #82 of 153
bwaahahahaha why are you so mad. Relax. I wasn't totally agreeable with his style of ridiculing other people but agreed on his k701 standpoint. Thats all it was, no more no less.

Back to this thread, I really am interested in what exactly the differences become with the OPs k701 and k702.... Again, thats all I'm here for. Not here to pick a fight and I'm not here to fight with people that are gonna pick a fight with me either.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #83 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I'm not here to just to agree with Acix or sound like too fanboyish but if I only had one headphone to listen to all my music with it would be the AKG K-701. To me it's the most versatile of the 'phones I've heard so far.

EDIT: oh yeah, this is my second time around with the 701 and I'm adding a 702 to the stable

Would you agree that the K701/2 has better bass quality than the HD650? I would, while the HD650 certainly has more impact.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #84 of 153
Quote:

bwaahahahaha why are you so mad. Relax. I wasn't totally agreeable with his style of ridiculing other people but agreed on his k701 standpoint. Thats all it was, no more no less.

Cough Bulls***t Cough!

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #86 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you agree that the K701/2 has better bass quality than the HD650? I would, while the HD650 certainly has more impact.

I certainly agree with this and mentioned it in another post.

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #87 of 153
Come on guys, it was fun and I kinda miss olblueyez. He had started to moderate his zest for hating the 701s and went after members directly. Not unlike what's happening to donunus and he was much more polite. You have to respect a worthy debater and donunus is a master debater.
biggrin.gif

To those who say tubes don't apply to the 701s are stereotyping budget tube amps with all tube amps. Try them on a tube amp with mucho power supply and you will see why some of us like tube amps with them. If you want to stay under a grand, stick with solid state/hybrid. You want to have a quality amp built with the highest performance in mind, you will pay for it. Just be real smart about what you buy. Don't get dragged into a FOTM for convenience or stuck on a waiting list for months to years.

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #88 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
donunus is a master debater.
biggrin.gif

I don't do it as often now though that I'm getting older hehehe
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #89 of 153
Great - another 3-page thread that has ballooned to 6, much of it totally OT BS. Thanks guys - you make Head-Fi a sensational use of bandwidth. Add the clowns who quote a large post (complete with embedded images) for a single sentence reply and its a hoot.

FWIW, I am in the camp that firmly believes something changes in phones and amps over the first 50-200 hours : after that, it gets a little harder to believe some of the claims. C'est la Vie.

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #90 of 153
Sorry estreeter. There are times to and times not.

I am interested in hearing from everybody who has both and has given the 702s a couple hundred hours. If they do indeed tame that mid high hump and a dual entry re-cable gives better performance, I would hate everyone of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back