My new K702 and how it differs from my burnt-in K701.
Feb 17, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #61 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anymore k70* fanboy want to attack me ?Acix,if you think that k701 is perfect for trance then believe what you wish,did you ever seen anyone recomending akg for trance?or maybe you have a super k701 that no one else have,and I have seen many of your posts and it is evident that you are the most one on headfi that loves akg k70* and I am not the only one that told you so.this discusion and thread are over for me.

Are you using the beliefs system again? and if you feel that you need more bass or speed, I'll highly recommend you to try some of the Ultrasone models. Here is more info: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ult...arison-401879/

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #63 of 153
Acix,
Looking at the Original post I can now see why the k701/702 is so controversial. For the first time Ive seen that even a new non burned in pair of k702s are already smoother than a burned in k701. Mine was one of those old duds.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #64 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Acix,
Looking at the Original post I can now see why the k701/702 is so controversial. For the first time Ive seen that even a new non burned in pair of k702s are already smoother than a burned in k701. Mine was one of those old duds.

Looks like, we'll need more info from bhanja_trinanjan, regarding the solo violin with the 702 and to see if the upper mids are different. I guess he still doing A-B-A comparisons.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #65 of 153
This thread is making me reconsider these cans. No matter what arguments we get into with these cans no one can win if one loves his pair and another doesn't but when someone comes along and compares them side by side and says they sound different... It Kills the war. Now everyone should stick their lighters up in the air and sing Peace
biggrin.gif

To think so many people got banned because of these flaming k701 wars and akg is secretly improving them without letting us know.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #66 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anymore k70* fanboy want to attack me ?Acix,if you think that k701 is perfect for trance then believe what you wish,did you ever seen anyone recomending akg for trance?or maybe you have a super k701 that no one else have,and I have seen many of your posts and it is evident that you are the most one on headfi that loves akg k70* and I am not the only one that told you so.this discusion and thread are over for me.

Actually I have tried my K702 with a variety of Electronic genres and the K702 did quite an admirable job. It had plenty of speed and punch and bass that extended quite deep. I have also owned the HD650 which was good but the audio spectrum sounded too skewed towards the lower frequencies. I have also tried listing to trance and similar genres with my K601 which was too light of a headphone and lacked the necessary punch for those genres. So I probably would recommend the K702 for electronic genres; you can always EQ the lower frequencies if you feel the need for a bass boost.

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
Feb 17, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #67 of 153
Quote:

This thread is making me reconsider these cans. No matter what arguments we get into with these cans no one can win if one loves his pair and another doesn't but when someone comes along and compares them side by side and says they sound different... It Kills the war. Now everyone should stick their lighters up in the air and sing Peace
biggrin.gif

To think so many people got banned because of these flaming k701 wars and akg is secretly improving them without letting us know.

A few years back when I was newer to the whole headphone experience I stayed away from the AKGs which were often touted as being somewhat shrill and lacking punch. Since then I have gone through a good portion of Sennheisers line-up and got a good taste of their sound. Now having owned the K601 and currently the K702 I can say I really enjoy their sound which to me is much more lifelike. I have yet to hear a K701 and I am interested to see if it differs from my K702 (SN:07276).

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
Feb 18, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #68 of 153
Quote:

biggrin.gif

If you're really curious about these cans and can afford one, I highly recommend that you try them for yourself and make up your mind.

The last thing I'd consider my K702's to be would be slow, especially when compared to the HD650's.

I bought mine in the midst of controversy and am very glad I did so. I'm finding specific problems with the K702's, but this has nothing to do with speed or the commonly sited lack of bass.

Feb 18, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #69 of 153
The thing that drove me nuts about my k701 is the mid treble that stuck out like a thorn. It made the sound very sterile. Because of this peak, the upper treble air and all the decay of cymbals were dried up and lost into the void. The bass wasnt too lacking in relation to the other frequencies but this humongous lower treble peak had to be eliminated somehow because with it around, the first thing you want to do is boost the bass for compensation. It was like a PA horn going on without a matching woofer.

Feb 18, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #70 of 153
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Donunus,

This is rich!

As I remember (quite correctly) that it was you, Ole Blueyes (now rightly banned) and vvanrij were the three who were the main instigators of the flame wars over the K701. Always crashing threads about the K701 and posting negative comments about it and making personal attacks against supporters of the cans like Acix and myself.

Your conclusion about the performance of the K701 now seem to have been because you owned the ONE set of K701s which you bought off vvanrij (which I believe was purchased off Ovquist). So much for your objective POV.

Now you want to try another pair? Please save us and yourself a lot of trouble and DON'T PLEASE!
I think I speak for the forum when I say that we would prefer NOT to hear your bellyaching over the 701/702 again.

IMO, you and vvanrij should have been banned along with your leader Oleblueyes.

Feb 18, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #71 of 153
Quote:

Acix,

Oh EUREKA! who would have thought that you were capable of rational thought! Now you accept the possibilty that AKG might have made some changes along the way?

After all the trouble you and your cronies caused in all those 701 threads over the past couple of years?

Feb 18, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #72 of 153
Quote:

The thing that drove me nuts about my k701 is the mid treble that stuck out like a thorn. It made the sound very sterile. Because of this peak, the upper treble air and all the decay of cymbals were dried up and lost into the void. The bass wasnt too lacking in relation to the other frequencies but this humongous lower treble peak had to be eliminated somehow because with it around, the first thing you want to do is boost the bass for compensation. It was like a PA horn going on without a matching woofer.

Oh...and I thought you had changed...I guess it is true what they say, A leopard cannot change it's spots.

Feb 18, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #73 of 153
I'm just being honest about the pair I had. It is also the problem the OP has which he says is not present with the k702. I don't get your point.

Feb 18, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #74 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by triode12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Donunus,
Now you want to try another pair? Please save us and yourself a lot of trouble and DON'T PLEASE!
I think I speak for the forum when I say that we would prefer NOT to hear your bellyaching over the 701/702 again.

seconded
k701smile.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #75 of 153
Quote:

I'm just being honest about the pair I had. It is also the problem the OP has which he says is not present with the k702. I don't get your point.

My point is that you made a judgement call over your experience with ONE sample pair.

Along with your cronies you bashed everyone else on this forum that liked them. Insinuating that they were/are idiots or stupid for liking them. And it looks like you are trying to do so again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back