My new Audio Technica ATH-EW9!
Jul 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Bengkia369

1000+ Head-Fier
Its real nice!!! Fit inside a Otterbox 2000 series perfectly!!! :)

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 11
thanks for the kind comments.
they do sounds nice wif classical and instumental music...i really love the sound very much!
the mids are smooth, very detailed sound...but the highs is abit harsh at the moment (maybe burn-in will improve?).
will do a detailed reviews on it once I got it burn-in!

Jul 10, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #7 of 11
I've had these for almost 2 years now. IMO they are (one of) the most beautiful phones ever. Reports about their harsh/sharp highs are true, they do smooth out a bit over time but sadly not completely. A bit of EQing of the treble makes them less aggressive.

From an amped source they are excellent phones for classical music, detailed, precise and airy. However, for reasons unknown to me their titanium siblings ATH-EM700Ti sound ever so slightly better and less agressive. I have both, and even though I prefer the EW9's looks, the EM700ti get more playtime.

Jul 10, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #8 of 11
Thank you very much for your input! Will burn-in benefits EW9???

Quote:
I've had these for almost 2 years now. IMO they are (one of) the most beautiful phones ever. Reports about their harsh/sharp highs are true, they do smooth out a bit over time but sadly not completely. A bit of EQing of the treble makes them less aggressive.

From an amped source they are excellent phones for classical music, detailed, precise and airy. However, for reasons unknown to me their titanium siblings ATH-EM700Ti sound ever so slightly better and less agressive. I have both, and even though I prefer the EW9's looks, the EM700ti get more playtime.

Jul 10, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #9 of 11
^ To a certain extent yes, if I remember correctly. But IMO the most important part with these is a decent amp. I see you already got that.

BTW did you try a LOD with your Sony player? I tried one with my A845 and it sounded worse than HPO.

Jul 13, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #10 of 11
Heard sony dun have good lineout. :frowning2:
the headphone out is much better than the LOD!

Quote:
^ To a certain extent yes, if I remember correctly. But IMO the most important part with these is a decent amp. I see you already got that.

BTW did you try a LOD with your Sony player? I tried one with my A845 and it sounded worse than HPO.

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #11 of 11
Hello thanks for that insight between those two, and the reason why I am posting in this old thread is because I recently checked and they are harder to find and more expensive.
I see the ew9  for about 127 on amazon, BUT..
I got recently got a really good deal on the titanium version em700TI for 60 usd at lpgear website.
they also have the em7 for 79 usd but went for the 700ti :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back