My Little Pony Discussion thread
Aug 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #511 of 779
And I was just about to post it on this thread.... I've been away for a few days lol. I loved to ending of it and I've been waiting for it since the preview :D

Hahaha, sorry. I was too excited about it to wait XD

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #512 of 779
XD
did anybody go to bronycon?
2007excalibur2007 and I were talking about life on the other side of the planet and we were wishing we were there :)
I still have yet to see bronypalooza footage

Aug 11, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #513 of 779
I like this song. A lot.

...That is all.

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #516 of 779
627.jpg

September 1, 2013

1. D-​
    Community Grade

ARTICLE TOOLS

1. Share on Tumblr
  3. E-mail
  4. Print
  5. Share

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls makes its TV debut today on The Hub at noon.

The theme of practically every My Little Pony episode is right there in the show’s subtitle: Friendship Is Magic. This mantra only intensifies in My Little Pony: Equestria Girls, the Mane Six’s first foray onto the big screen (the 1986 release My Little Pony: The Movie featured a different flock of ponies, along with Danny DeVito). The gimmick of transforming the ponies into teenaged human form gives the show a new arena in which to play out its favorite friendship subject: the painful gauntlet of high school.

At the end of MLP: FIM season three, Twilight Sparkle became a princess, complete with crown and Pegasus-like wings. Equestria Girlsopens with a giant establishing shot that shows us we’re not in Ponyville anymore, but with Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack as they accompany Twilight Sparkle to a special Equestria princess summit. Unfortunately, the subversive pony Sunset Shimmer steals Twilight’s crown and escapes through a mirror portal into another realm. Twilight must follow her and retrieve the bejeweled adornment, and the stakes are high: The crown will give Sunset unprecedented power in the otherworld that upsets the elements of harmony, or something. For those keeping track, this is about the umpteenth time that Twilight Sparkle has had to perform a mission with the entire fate of the pony universe dependent on her little hooves.

So Twilight goes through the looking glass, and, as the movie poster reveals, turns out human at the other end. She suspects the crown is in what she thinks is a castle but is actually a high school, where she encounters human versions of the other ponies. These girly incarnations seem to make up the main appeal of the short (72-minute) feature film, which is only a few songs and one amazing demon battle scene better than most of the MLP: FIM two-part episodes.

Interestingly, in the societal petri dish of high school, Twilight finds that her pony pals are not friends anymore: Fluttershy hangs with the eco-kids, Rarity with the fashionistas, Rainbow Dash is a jock. The song that unites all the cliques (“Time To Come Together”) sounds pitch-perfect for Radio Disney, but a few other clichéd tune montages (Getting the gym ready for the big dance! Getting the girls ready for the big dance!) will hype up the 6-year-olds but will leave their parents wondering why they have to watch some kids musically sweep up a gym yet again.

But My Little Pony: Equestria Girls continues the appeal of Friendship Is Magic, as the heartening lessons of Ponyville—on friendship, leadership, morality, etc.—transcend its equine-dominated world. Twilight’s first day in the high school, even though it’s her initial attempt on two legs instead of four and she eats an apple without picking it up, is not that much more awkward than anyone’s overwhelming first day of high school. The obligatory mean girl turns into a succubus, because, really, why not? In the era of Justin Bieber, an evil spirit leading mindless drones of teenagers doesn’t seem that far-fetched.

In fact, more than any other place in the universe, the dog-eat-dog world of head-fi could use the ponies’ friendship magic.

- Pony- up ;')

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #517 of 779
OMG !!!

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #518 of 779
Quote:
627.jpg

September 1, 2013

1. D-​
    Community Grade

ARTICLE TOOLS

1. Share on Tumblr
  3. E-mail
  4. Print
  5. Share

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls makes its TV debut today on The Hub at noon.

The theme of practically every My Little Pony episode is right there in the show’s subtitle: Friendship Is Magic. This mantra only intensifies in My Little Pony: Equestria Girls, the Mane Six’s first foray onto the big screen (the 1986 release My Little Pony: The Movie featured a different flock of ponies, along with Danny DeVito). The gimmick of transforming the ponies into teenaged human form gives the show a new arena in which to play out its favorite friendship subject: the painful gauntlet of high school.

At the end of MLP: FIM season three, Twilight Sparkle became a princess, complete with crown and Pegasus-like wings. Equestria Girlsopens with a giant establishing shot that shows us we’re not in Ponyville anymore, but with Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack as they accompany Twilight Sparkle to a special Equestria princess summit. Unfortunately, the subversive pony Sunset Shimmer steals Twilight’s crown and escapes through a mirror portal into another realm. Twilight must follow her and retrieve the bejeweled adornment, and the stakes are high: The crown will give Sunset unprecedented power in the otherworld that upsets the elements of harmony, or something. For those keeping track, this is about the umpteenth time that Twilight Sparkle has had to perform a mission with the entire fate of the pony universe dependent on her little hooves.

So Twilight goes through the looking glass, and, as the movie poster reveals, turns out human at the other end. She suspects the crown is in what she thinks is a castle but is actually a high school, where she encounters human versions of the other ponies. These girly incarnations seem to make up the main appeal of the short (72-minute) feature film, which is only a few songs and one amazing demon battle scene better than most of the MLP: FIM two-part episodes.

Interestingly, in the societal petri dish of high school, Twilight finds that her pony pals are not friends anymore: Fluttershy hangs with the eco-kids, Rarity with the fashionistas, Rainbow Dash is a jock. The song that unites all the cliques (“Time To Come Together”) sounds pitch-perfect for Radio Disney, but a few other clichéd tune montages (Getting the gym ready for the big dance! Getting the girls ready for the big dance!) will hype up the 6-year-olds but will leave their parents wondering why they have to watch some kids musically sweep up a gym yet again.

But My Little Pony: Equestria Girls continues the appeal of Friendship Is Magic, as the heartening lessons of Ponyville—on friendship, leadership, morality, etc.—transcend its equine-dominated world. Twilight’s first day in the high school, even though it’s her initial attempt on two legs instead of four and she eats an apple without picking it up, is not that much more awkward than anyone’s overwhelming first day of high school. The obligatory mean girl turns into a succubus, because, really, why not? In the era of Justin Bieber, an evil spirit leading mindless drones of teenagers doesn’t seem that far-fetched.

In fact, more than any other place in the universe, the dog-eat-dog world of head-fi could use the ponies’ friendship magic.

- Pony- up ;')

Did you write that up? I'm impressed. I never thought that it totally misled me from the final sentence -- that made me ROFL so hard. Great read!
I wonder, though, how so many bronies loved EG. I couldn't tolerate the plot -- it seems like the writers took a dumpster dive there. Of course, with it being a kids' movie, I guess that would be the most appropriate. I haven't watched the movie, and based on the cover art alone, I wouldn't want to.

Still, I can't wait for Season 4.

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #519 of 779
Quote:

September 1, 2013
  1. D-​
    Community Grade

ARTICLE TOOLS
  1. Share on Tumblr
  3. E-mail
  4. Print
  5. Share

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls makes its TV debut today on The Hub at noon

It's not horrible. It's really not. But it is clearly a cash grab from Hasbro, and just not worth the praise that it has gotten from a fair portion of the fandom.

For those that hate it, nobody should be mad at DHX. This is all Hasbro's doing, and hopefully they can come to their senses and realize that they could make more money by making quality toys instead of forcing story ideas down DHX's (and subsequently our) throats.

Sep 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #520 of 779
Quote:

It's not horrible. It's really not. But it is clearly a cash grab from Hasbro, and just not worth the praise that it has gotten from a fair portion of the fandom.

For those that hate it, nobody should be mad at DHX. This is all Hasbro's doing, and hopefully they can come to their senses and realize that they could make more money by making quality toys instead of forcing story ideas down DHX's (and subsequently our) throats.

Honestly, I have no idea what the heck DHX is. All I blame is Hasbro, since that's all I know about its production. 
tongue.gif

I wonder if Faust will be coming back for S4. 

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #521 of 779
  I kinda like this one:

Also, what do you guys think I should do for a 100 subs video? I'm approaching 100 soon (I would have got to 100 by now if I didn't set all my vids to unlisted for a week or two)

:DDDD I was on that song! Glad you liked it. I need to remaster it though, the mixing in the second half sucks. :C

On another note, the wait for Season 4 is finally getting to me.

I really hope they never touch on EqG again too. It wasn't bad but meh. Just meh.

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #522 of 779
:DDDD I was on that song! Glad you liked it. I need to remaster it though, the mixing in the second half sucks. :C

On another note, the wait for Season 4 is finally getting to me.

I really hope they never touch on EqG again too. It wasn't bad but meh. Just meh.

WOAH WOAH WOAH
lulz, I never knew you were on headfi!!!!
this... I feel like I'm meeting a celebrity...
um... Your rapping is awesome :D

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #523 of 779
guy out of Seattle Area  that has done crazy awesome commercials for a while now, found this for you to enjoy. Yes all of them are real commercials.

So ENJOY

LOL @0:20 and the sparkles...

Man I just watched the Military Bronies react to teens react to bronies vid there and i might have to go check out the show now.   Got a couple pals that have been into this also since way back. Well before the cartoons like first generation stuff when they first came out LOL  I never did understand what was up with this.

Who knows i might like it right... I'll catch a few episodes we'll see.

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #524 of 779
  guy out of Seattle Area  that has done crazy awesome commercials for a while now, found this for you to enjoy. Yes all of them are real commercials.

So ENJOY

LOL @0:20 and the sparkles...

Man I just watched the Military Bronies react to teens react to bronies vid there and i might have to go check out the show now.   Got a couple pals that have been into this also since way back. Well before the cartoons like first generation stuff when they first came out LOL  I never did understand what was up with this.

Who knows i might like it right... I'll catch a few episodes we'll see.

I remember this.... 
GRAND MASTER PONY JOE
I lost it at that :D

Nov 26, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #525 of 779

waiting for some reviews here....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back