My Little Pony Discussion thread
Jul 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #482 of 779
You know, I haven't seen the show in a long, long time. I dunno, but I pretty much sound like a lot of people when I say this but the brony fandom isn't like what it was over a year ago.....
I'm having a break from pony stuff anyway, I've got other stuff to focus on for now that I have to get sorted

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #483 of 779

Jul 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #484 of 779
Well, I've only been a brony since the beginning of this year really, but from what I know about how the fandom was before I joined, there has never been this much controversy before. I mean what's the worst thing that happened before this year? The big Derpy dispute? Oooooo. Compared to what's been going on the past few months?... Doesn't seem like that big of a deal now.

I'll continue to be more invested in the amazing art community and all the unofficial stuff until Season 4.

I'm kind of surprised Hasbro's going to be leaking Season 4 stuff this week. Seems way too early to be doing that.

Jul 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #485 of 779
Quote:
Well, I've only been a brony since the beginning of this year really, but from what I know about how the fandom was before I joined, there has never been this much controversy before. I mean what's the worst thing that happened before this year? The big Derpy dispute? Oooooo. Compared to what's been going on the past few months?... Doesn't seem like that big of a deal now.

I'll continue to be more invested in the amazing art community and all the unofficial stuff until Season 4.

I'm kind of surprised Hasbro's going to be leaking Season 4 stuff this week. Seems way too early to be doing that.

Loud minority will always be loud. The fandom is about the same as it always was. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #486 of 779

Quote:
Loud minority will always be loud. The fandom is about the same as it always was. 

The "state" of the fandom might be about the same, but there just seems to have been a lot of blows taken recently with very few big positives to offset them. Not that everyone seems unhappy, there's just so little to get excited about right now.

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #487 of 779
Quote:

It's not just the controversy... It's just that I've just done heaps to do with ponies for so long and I just want a break....
I dunno, something changed and ponies just don't seem as exciting as before (Kinda like how Jaxblade feels)

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #488 of 779
And that's fine, now's the time to take one if you still plan on being around for Season 4.

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #489 of 779
So I just spoiled some of Season 4 for myself, but I don't care.... There is a song this next season-.... Easily, EASILY in my top 5 favorite songs in the entire show.... Possibly top 3, I have to think about it more.... COMPLETELY redeems the show for a very, VERY similar but lackluster (in my opinion) song from season 3.... I've listened to it over and over and over again.... The lyrics aren't overly clever or deep, but they don't need to be for this kind of song. The message couldn't be more clear. It's just so happy and has so much heart.... The flow of the song is absolutely perfect. Daniel truly outdid himself. It destroys EVERYTHING from Equestria Girls and a significant portion of season 3.... The vocals are stellar. We even get to hear a regular character sing for the first time in this song.... The harmony, OH my Lord the harmony.... Five, yes five characters harmonizing at the same time.... It sent shivers down my spine and brought tears to my eyes.... There will apparently be 15-20 songs in Season 4, and if this is the best one, I'm totally okay with that. I love this song so much.

Of the other 3 spoilers I saw, the fandom had speculated 2 of them would happen for a long time, so as long as they execute it right, it should be fine. And the last spoiler better turn out to be someone's dream or the show is pretty much doomed.... But the highlight for me was that song. It felt like Season 2 again. And I'm more hopeful than I have ever been about Season 4. For now anyway.

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #490 of 779
Quote:
So I just spoiled some of Season 4 for myself, but I don't care.... There is a song this next season-.... Easily, EASILY in my top 5 favorite songs in the entire show.... Possibly top 3, I have to think about it more.... COMPLETELY redeems the show for a very, VERY similar but lackluster (in my opinion) song from season 3.... I've listened to it over and over and over again.... The lyrics aren't overly clever or deep, but they don't need to be for this kind of song. The message couldn't be more clear. It's just so happy and has so much heart.... The flow of the song is absolutely perfect. Daniel truly outdid himself. It destroys EVERYTHING from Equestria Girls and a significant portion of season 3.... The vocals are stellar. We even get to hear a regular character sing for the first time in this song.... The harmony, OH my Lord the harmony.... Five, yes five characters harmonizing at the same time.... It sent shivers down my spine and brought tears to my eyes.... There will apparently be 15-20 songs in Season 4, and if this is the best one, I'm totally okay with that. I love this song so much.

Of the other 3 spoilers I saw, the fandom had speculated 2 of them would happen for a long time, so as long as they execute it right, it should be fine. And the last spoiler better turn out to be someone's dream or the show is pretty much doomed.... But the highlight for me was that song. It felt like Season 2 again. And I'm more hopeful than I have ever been about Season 4. For now anyway.

That might be the plan, to end it that is. Though if that isn't the intent, I pretty much trust in the writers... they've turned what would have been terrible into things that were watchable or even good. They have to do some things by request of Hasbro after all... So... I'm at least somewhat optimistic 

Jul 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #491 of 779
Jul 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #492 of 779
Quote:
What do you mean?

Simply put, to end MLP:FiM on S4. It is entirely possible. But I'm not clairvoyant, so I'm not making any calls until the end of the year when I actually see what they bring to the table.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #493 of 779
Simply put, to end MLP:FiM on S4. It is entirely possible.

I thought about that too. And if they do, I think they are missing out on a huge opportunity. I don't think Hasbro sees the full potential of this show.

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #494 of 779
Quote:
I thought about that too. And if they do, I think they are missing out on a huge opportunity. I don't think Hasbro sees the full potential of this show.

The problem with mlp is not the amount of merchs that are selling, it's more to do with the amount of Hasbro merchs that are selling. Their plushies are awful.

Jul 24, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #495 of 779
Hiyas,
   I just thought I'd join in on the S4 hype after (finally) seeing this thread. How in Equestria could I have missed this?!? 
   Anyway, I'm really skeptical about S4 now that Twi's an Alicorn. There will be some pretty significant plot changes during the new season, I think. And quoting the earlier posts, I also think Hasbro would leave it at that. I wonder how everything will turn out. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait it out 'til it's released.

I'm...Rarity?!
I'm...I'm going to try again later.

EDIT:

I got RD this time... *sigh* I'm a braggart, after all...

EDIT 2:

I actually got Twilight on my third try. Okay, this was...unexpected.

Just goes to show that I'm like Rarity (I'm very...how do I say it...neurotic), Rainbow Dash (I'm a braggart), and Twilight (I'd like to say I'm smart, but sadly, I'm not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back