My Little Pony Discussion thread
Jul 25, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #496 of 779
The problem with mlp is not the amount of merchs that are selling, it's more to do with the amount of Hasbro merchs that are selling. Their plushies are awful.

That's a good point. If I were to buy something MLP-related today, it would most certainly be something fan-made. The official stuff barely looks like the characters themselves. It's like Hasbro doesn't even care about their own toys....

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #497 of 779
Hiyas,
   I just thought I'd join in on the S4 hype after (finally) seeing this thread. How in Equestria could I have missed this?!? 
   Anyway, I'm really skeptical about S4 now that Twi's an Alicorn. There will be some pretty significant plot changes during the new season, I think. And quoting the earlier posts, I also think Hasbro would leave it at that. I wonder how everything will turn out. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait it out 'til it's released.

Welcome ^_^

I was very skeptical about Season 4 too until I saw the spoiler video and then also realized that Amy is back, so I'm much less concerned now. Just excited.

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #498 of 779
Quote:
That's a good point. If I were to buy something MLP-related today, it would most certainly be something fan-made. The official stuff barely looks like the characters themselves. It's like Hasbro doesn't even care about their own toys....

I agree with you fully. Hasbro just makes the stuff without paying attention to any detail. Were the official plushies like the fan-made ones, they'd be bringing in more cash. They just lost an impressive fanbase of plushie collectors.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #499 of 779
Quote:

You haven't checked out 4DE yet have you?

http://shop.4de.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=133

http://shop.4de.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50

Those are the only two for now. And as far as I know they are officially licensed through Hasbro. If they continue designing and mass producing plushies that look like that at that price, Hasbro may yet see an uptick in officially licensed plushie sales yet!

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #500 of 779
Quote:

Those are the only two for now. And as far as I know they are officially licensed through Hasbro. If they continue designing and mass producing plushies that look like that at that price, Hasbro may yet see an uptick in officially licensed plushie sales yet!

Aw, no RD yet? But damn, I saw a custom that looked almost exactly like RD in the show. It's AMAZING.

This plushie is literally 20% cooler than every other RD plushie on the net.

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #501 of 779
Season 4 is coming on November 23rd apparently. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #503 of 779
Quote:

Yeah, I remember seeing those.... They're okay, but about average compared to what the fandom produces.... But it's a move in the right direction I suppose.

Aw, no RD yet? But damn, I saw a custom that looked almost exactly like RD in the show. It's AMAZING.

This plushie is literally 20% cooler than every other RD plushie on the net.

I beg to differ.

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #504 of 779

Quote:
Season 4 is coming on November 23rd apparently. 

I was incredibly... incredibly excited when I heard that this morning. I had to go listen to "Apples Forever" a few times after that.... That made my day.

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #508 of 779
On August 4th, the fandom hit an all-time high.

An animation, which is the pilot episode for what could become a mini-series in the future, was released on YouTube by its producer, director, and animator Jan. This video raises the bar for quality of fan-created content to a height that I legitimately thought would never be reached. I'm not saying that this clip "approaches show-accurate quality." No. It matches or exceeds the show in several categories.

And yes, "animation quality" is one of those categories.

Speaking of animation quality, let's start there.... Unbelievable. It's absolutely unbelievable how stunning this episode is visually.... In the past, whenever I'd watch something fan-made, I would always "keep my guard up" as I watched because I would fear that I'd be distracted by the inevitable animation errors.... 1 minute into this video my guard was completely down. There's just nothing wrong with it. Lip-syncing, facial expressions, and general movement: all perfect. Not to mention that the background art, character designs, lighting, and visual effects are stellar. I watched it what must've been a dozen times, and then proceeded to go through it with a fine-toothed comb and still couldn't find a thing that made me think twice.... We talk about how FiM looks great because the animators take the time to draw those extra frames, to add in those little details. The exact same thing can be said about this.

The audio is spot-on every single second. Music is refreshingly unique with its general video game feel. Sound effects are bountiful and used appropriately. Voice acting is superb. And expanding on that last one, first of all, I don't know which mics they are using, but they sound awesome. Second, Eile Monty is amazing here as the mother, and Button's voice actor could not be more perfect. Both performers sound supremely natural and don't hold back at all. They manage to really "become" these characters which is made possible by not only their acting talent but also the script. Which brings me to my last point.

The writing.... Wow.... This isn't just slapstick comedy done right. This is slapstick comedy perfected. It's hilarious! All of the bits are fantastic with flawless execution. The key with this type of comedy is timing, and it literally couldn't be any better.... Admittedly there were only three, but all of the characters made me laugh. Sweetie Belle doesn't even say anything and she had me in tears.... It really is comedic gold.

And just like FiM, it's not just one of these things that makes it stand out the most. It's the entire package that all comes together to simply entertain the viewer. And it does a marvelous job at doing so.

Watch it. Thumbs-up it. Watch it again. Favorite it. Subscribe. Go.

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #509 of 779
Quote:

An animation, which is the pilot episode for what could become a mini-series in the future, was released on YouTube by its producer, director, and animator Jan. This video raises the bar for quality of fan-created content to a height that I legitimately thought would never be reached. I'm not saying that this clip "approaches show-accurate quality." No. It matches or exceeds the show in several categories.

Speaking of animation quality, let's start there.... Unbelievable. It's absolutely unbelievable how stunning this episode is visually.... In the past, whenever I'd watch something fan-made, I would always "keep my guard up" as I watched because I would fear that I'd be distracted by the inevitable animation errors.... 1 minute into this video my guard was completely down. There's just nothing wrong with it. Lip-syncing, facial expressions, and general movement: all perfect. Not to mention that the background art, character designs, lighting, and visual effects are stellar. I watched it what must've been a dozen times, and then proceeded to go through it with a fine-toothed comb and still couldn't find a thing that made me think twice.... We talk about how FiM looks great because the animators take the time to draw those extra frames, to add in those little details. The exact same thing can be said about this.

The audio is spot-on every single second. Music is refreshingly unique with its general video game feel. Sound effects are bountiful and used appropriately. Voice acting is superb. And expanding on that last one, first of all, I don't know which mics they are using, but they sound awesome. Second, Eile Monty is amazing here as the mother, and Button's voice actor could not be more perfect. Both performers sound supremely natural and don't hold back at all. They manage to really "become" these characters which is made possible by not only their acting talent but also the script. Which brings me to my last point.

The writing.... Wow.... This isn't just slapstick comedy done right. This is slapstick comedy perfected. It's hilarious! All of the bits are fantastic with flawless execution. The key with this type of comedy is timing, and it literally couldn't be any better.... Admittedly there were only three, but all of the characters made me laugh. Sweetie Belle doesn't even say anything and she had me in tears.... It really is comedic gold.

And just like FiM, it's not just one of these things that makes it stand out the most. It's the entire package that all comes together to simply entertain the viewer. And it does a marvelous job at doing so.

I am impressed...though my VPN isn't working. This is fan-made? This has got to be it. It looks as if it's made by Hasbro.
Bronies rejoice!

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #510 of 779
Quote:

And I was just about to post it on this thread.... I've been away for a few days lol. I loved to ending of it and I've been waiting for it since the preview :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back