My Leckerton UHA-6S Is Here...
Mar 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #16 of 27
Miguel: O NO not ANOTHER amp that is great with the Ety. Already got the Minibox based on your recommendation; now you and Sarah havve me seriously looking at this one as well.

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Miguel, just a small correction. D10 doesn't get shipped with an extra case. It's D4.

Sorry, this is what happens when you get old!
redface.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #18 of 27
Miguel, I'm glad you like your UHA-6S, too! You are right when you say that the Ety ER-4 sounds good with the Leckerton. I've found that, as well. The Shure SE530 doesn't work so well with the Leckerton (that was a surprise, frankly). So, my amps of choice (the one's I own, anyway) are as follows: Leckerton UHA-6S + ER-4S; Mini3 + SE530.

I did notice the UHA-6S does provide a slightly grainy upper midrange when paired with a high-end digital source (my Marantz 8260 CD player), but it's not objectionable at all. When used with my iRiver H140, it's pretty nice!

As an aside, I don't know what all the fuss about the Sony D-25S is. I bought one (not cheap), and I frankly don't care for it. Using either of my amps, my iPod Classic, through the LOD, sounds waaaaaay better - cleaner highs (by far), and there is no upper midrange glare, which is a characteristic of my D-25S that I find troubling. It is a nicely made piece, though!

Cheers!!!

Mar 7, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #19 of 27
Hi Sara, I hope to check the spec sheets on various op-amps tomorrow so I can do some op-amp rolling. I will look into: AD797, AD8066, LM6172, and LM4562. I think I have a dual to two single converter board. More to come.

I almost forgot the Yuin OK1 sound really good out of the Leckerton.

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #21 of 27
hydora both the UHA-6S and the D10 are fantastic sounding with great customer service. The D10 adds a coaxial input, its cheaper, and you could buy one of HiFlight's TopKits to improve/change its sound. However the D10 is larger and if a repair is needed it will cost more money and time to get it fixed. I personally do not think you will go wrong with either although ideally you should listen to them to make an informed decision. Cheers.

May 2, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #26 of 27
Hey guys,
Nick from Leckerton Audio was so kind to send me a review device and I finally finished my review of the UHA-6 yesterday. You can find it here. Because of the fact that it's in german, let me tell you my impressions so far...

- truely "dead silent" and that's especially amazing for an USB device!
- works flawlessly with WASAPI and kernel streaming plugin @ Win7 x64 + foobar2k
- natural, neutral sound
- no "plopp" when turning the device on or off
- very clean and good build quality
- the channel balance is really impressive (perfect for "quiet listeners" with sensitive headphones, like myself)
- very good industry quality lithium ion cell (even in several years you'll find replacements easily on ebay)

If you're in the market for a portable dac/amp combo and you listen 50% of your time with your notebook/pc you should seriously consider the UHA-6!

Well, that's it.
smily_headphones1.gif

best regards.
bearmann

May 2, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #27 of 27
Nice impressions bearman, they match my own. I have spoken with Nick of a future upgrade ... allowing the analog input to function as an analog out for the internal DAC. Hopefully it will be implemented in the near future. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back