My headphone collection is nothing, and I mean nothing!
Jan 31, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #76 of 178
I like how the headphone inventory list exceeds the character limit for that section and spills over into the amp inventory.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

also, seems like I have a few cans he doesn't in my small collection. heh.
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #77 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone sell this man some K501's!

LOL, i thought that too; as luck would have it, I plan on putting my K501s on the selling block soon...

so keep an eye out, WertherDVX!
tongue.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #78 of 178
Wayne, you're on a roll lately with the hot threads!

No one has asked this question of you and I'm simply curious. What prompted you to look up this man's profile? I hope I'm not crapping on your thread.
biggrin.gif

I tip my cap to him. I tried for a short while to collect a headphone from all the major brands. I gave up after realizing I don't have the necessary resources to be a collector even on a small scale. As many have said, I'd love to see a photo of his collection/archive.

Jan 31, 2007 at 8:20 AM Post #80 of 178
Wow! What a collection! I'm glad he's here, though it would be nice to see him more active on the boards. Someone with that broad of experience with headphones would be a valuable voice in the discussions here.

Also, it would be great if he'd come to the National Meet and maybe bring a few pairs of the rare and obscure cans.

Jan 31, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #81 of 178
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I noticed that there is no mention of electrostatics (Omega I/II; HE 60/90) or HD 600s. The collection or museum of headphones isn't complete w/o either of those.
tongue.gif

Seriously thought, that is one awe inspiring collection!
How does one find time to listen to that many headphones?
Even better, how and where would one store that many headpones!
blink.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #83 of 178
Wayne, some pictures of your collection would be awesome. I mean, you've got quite a stash affording to your profile.
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually do I want pictures? I might end up buying more audio gear which means less money for school...
frown.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #84 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wayne, you're on a roll lately with the hot threads!

Ya, I noticed that too. What ever happened to the 'tell us your user number' thread? I'll have to dig it back up because I think that many of our 50,000 members have yet to speak!

Quote:

No one has asked this question of you and I'm simply curious. What prompted you to look up this man's profile? I hope I'm not crapping on your thread.
biggrin.gif

I look up everybody's profile! Better be careful with what you put in yours! Nah, just kidding. Someone mentioned that he had an amazing headphones collection in the recent thread called "JVC DX-1000 owners unite" (not sure of the exact thread titile but it should be easy to find... I linked to this thread in there as well)

Quote:

I tip my cap to him. I tried for a short while to collect a headphone from all the major brands. I gave up after realizing I don't have the necessary resources to be a collector even on a small scale. As many have said, I'd love to see a photo of his collection/archive.

Yup, that's what this thread was intended to be all about - a cap tipping ceremony! I'd love to see some pics of his collection as well.

Jan 31, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #85 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wayne, do you have a picture of your entire collection? I'm curious now.

I've seen the one famous one, but I haven't seen speakers or anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wayne, some pictures of your collection would be awesome. I mean, you've got quite a stash affording to your profile.
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually do I want pictures? I might end up buying more audio gear which means less money for school...
frown.gif

I'll try to work on this and post some pics soonish. A couple of pairs are out on loan, but most of them are still here. To spread them out and make them easy to access, I'm using 4 coat racks from Office Depot. That works for most of them, although I still use the respective cases for the HE90, Omega II, 4070, K1000, L3000 and R10.

Jan 31, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #86 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
isn't it sad that the man has 120+ cans, and not only are we not fazed, but we are actually recommending the man get MORE cans? the Curse is very strong.
smily_headphones1.gif

600smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
280smile.gif
3000smile.gif
580smile.gif
etysmile.gif
- That is the funniest thing I have read for a while!!

Do we all aspire to be him and Mr Mcmanus?

Is it official that he has the largest headphone listing in his inventory?

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #87 of 178
glxdfhkgljxc;lgkdxkfh;xfcogzp[soerPOA:Osfnljgdhfxglvkxdjcgpk:dSKF:dgjd

Now that is quite the collection. Is there a real Electrodynamic Headphones Museum or isn't that real? I tried using google, but I couldn't find anything at all about something like it.

I it is real I would love to visit it sometime.

Feb 1, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #88 of 178
Most impressive sir! I would tip my hat to you if I had one.

Man that man has got to love his headphones... he could listen to one for every day for four months...

He should get even more! If he were to have 365 headphones... maybe even a 366th Bose or something to remind himself of what a lesser headphone can do every four years or so...

Feb 1, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #89 of 178
Thats very impressive, but I still think Wayne has some more impressive high end stuff.

In any case, I don't collect things. If I found myself with even 1/20th of that I would have a major urge toward utility, and sell off what I didn't use in order to improve what I did use (or invest). Of course, I can appreciate that he does collect and admit thats a damn impressive list - it would be pretty cool to see a few pics of all that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back